• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Family guy or the simpsons

WHAT SHOW DO YOU LIKE BETTER?

• FAMILY GUY

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • THE SIMPSON

Votes: 30 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roronoa3000

Banned
Family Guy by far.
Simpsons is hardly ever funny enough to make me even crack a smile.
Peter is funnier than Simpsons entire roster.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Family Guy. I've been watching the Simpsons for so long, I'm a bit bored with them. American Dad is pretty funny.

Family Guy takes satire and sarcasm to another planet...it is a perfect fit for me! I have to say that Robot Chicken also has it's moments.

I just want to say one thing. I came off on The Simpsons pretty hard last night, but I truly was a huge fan for most of my life. I'm old enough that I was in the 2nd grade when Bart was first in the 4th grade. So any Simpson's bashing is done begrudgingly so.

That said, however, The Simpsons movie was fucking great ands is still great after like five or six viewings. Brooks and Groening were key on the screenplay...and it really showed. I hope to see another one, but I know there's almost no chance.

I don't know. I think there is an element to where the flavor of other shows can influence how some may view The Simpsons based on individual, cultural (types of shows) identity.

But in a vacuum The Simpsons is head and shoulders above the rest all things considered IMO.

You know, I can't say if that's true or not. There's just no way to tell. But to me, part of the problem is that it's not in a vacuum and the writers are aware of that the most. It's as if the show saw South Park's success and figured that it needed to jump on board and become a weekly pop culture treatise. But unlike South Park, it's just not sincere.

Too late to edit:

*It's as if the show writers saw South Park's success and figured that it needed to jump on board and become a weekly pop culture treatise. But unlike South Park, it's just not sincere.

Ugh, forced me to pick from my two favorites. I voted Family Guy, because now I look forward to each new episode. The Simpsons are like "comfort food."
...No harm in liking them both though.

In fact, add South Park and American Dad to that list. ...No harm in liking all 4 of these shows. :thumbsup:

Ugh...forced me to pick from my two favorites. I voted Family Guy, because now I look forward to each new episode. The Simpsons are like "comfort food."

No harm in liking them both though. :thumbsup:

That's a great way at looking at it. The last time I was sick with the flu, The Simpson season-1-4 box sets exhausted my DVD player. And Christmas without "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" just ain't Christmas.

Simpsons only because I havent seen it in years and I have seen Family Guy, and they have suddenly gotten political because (My speculation) Seth McFarland (Or however you spell his name, i can't be bothered to look it up) wants to fit in with the Hollywood crowd. I can't say anything about The Simpsons.

That and Seth McFarland has not come out with an original idea in his entire life. Everything he has ever done has been a bad, blatant, ripoff of someone else's good idea.

But my show is King of the Hill, it is clever.

Well the only show I really watch religiously anymore at all is "Deadliest Warrior". Watch it Tuesday Nights at 10PM on Spike TV. (Ok Spike, where's my Paycheck)

You know, I can't say if that's true or not. There's just no way to tell. But to me, part of the problem is that it's not in a vacuum and the writers are aware of that the most. It's as if the show saw South Park's success and figured that it needed to jump on board and become a weekly pop culture treatise. But unlike South Park, it's just not sincere.

I see it as this...there is a line representing the standard The Simpsons creators originated and perfected. The Simpsons standard of high brow, low brow, hip, goofy, relevant, smart, etc. brand of comedy is a line....and then there are other shows based on that generic model which peak and valley above and below that line. In so doing they attract the fringes where The Simpsons don't go above the line enough for or below the line enough for.

In this sense there are those who maybe for example identify with more vulgarity in their humor, which Family Guy has more of than The Simpsons. Therefore there are those who may then see The Simpsons as a milquetoast representation of the humor they like....all the while forgetting it was The Simpsons which popularized the genre in the first place.