• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Family guy or the simpsons

WHAT SHOW DO YOU LIKE BETTER?

• FAMILY GUY

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • THE SIMPSON

Votes: 30 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agent Z

Closed Account
The Simpsons... Springfield is more... magic.
:D

biomech

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
Simpsons were good for awhile, but Family guy has surpassed them. Giggidy giggidy.

Family Guy has it's moments but The Simpsons are on another level. The Simpsons have been around for over 20 years and is probably funnier than when it started.

The average yokel wouldn't get half of the comedy in the Simpsons...sadly the viewing public just isn't that smart or educated. Fear not though, there is plenty of funny shit for the average "Joe" the plumbers too.;)

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Both pale in comparison to my favorite childhood cartoon: Doug. They don't make 'em like that anymore...

Both pale in comparison to my favorite childhood cartoon: Doug. They don't make 'em like that anymore...

:cool:Maybe because neither Family Guy nor The Simpsons are made for children?:2 cents:

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
:cool:Maybe because neither Family Guy nor The Simpsons are made for children?:2 cents:

That must be why all the middle school kids I taught talked nonstop about both shows. So, I see your :2 cents: and raise you :2 cents: of my own. Back at ya, ho! :tongue:

That must be why all the middle school kids I taught talked nonstop about both shows. So, I see your :2 cents: and raise you :2 cents: of my own. Back at ya, ho! :tongue:

Uh, where does that prove it wasn't made for adults? I already made the point that there is humor there for simplest of minds too...:my 4cents to your two::tongue:

Family Guy has it's moments but The Simpsons are on another level. The Simpsons have been around for over 20 years and is probably funnier than when it started.

The average yokel wouldn't get half of the comedy in the Simpsons...sadly the viewing public just isn't that smart or educated. Fear not though, there is plenty of funny shit for the average "Joe" the plumbers too.;)

I think you're giving the show a bit too much credit, but then again it's all in the eye (and ear of the beholder). To me, it got dumber and more obvious over the last several years. A few months ago I caught some episode where Lisa became addicted to an iPod, only it was called the "Mapple myPod."

The show used to be really sharp and had this element where there were these subtle, smart jokes for some fans...and then the slapstick silliness for mouth breathers. But the show jumped the shark somewhere between going to NYC and Tokyo. Now it's this really obvious attempt to charm the hipsters who still watch it but it fails double time because the animation is so laborious that the current cultural jabs end up showing up way late to the party.

That comic episode with Alan Moore, dude? As a life long comic nerd, I should have been geeking out, but instead I cringed. It was obvious and sloppy pandering to the hardcore base and must have come off as complete, boring nonsense to non-fanboys.

Family Guy is what it is. It's raw, line blurring, blunt jokes and cultural shoutouts for the 25-35 crowd.

Neither holds a candle to South Park. Now that's a show that continues to get smarter and, somehow, funnier with each season.

Family Guy

I think you're giving the show a bit too much credit, but then again it's all in the eye (and ear of the beholder). To me, it got dumber and more obvious over the last several years. A few months ago I caught some episode where Lisa became addicted to an iPod, only it was called the "Mapple myPod."

The show used to be really sharp and had this element where there were these subtle, smart jokes for some fans...and then the slapstick silliness for mouth breathers. But the show jumped the shark somewhere between going to NYC and Tokyo. Now it's this really obvious attempt to charm the hipsters who still watch it but it fails double time because the animation is so laborious that the current cultural jabs end up showing up way late to the party.

That comic episode with Alan Moore, dude? As a life long comic nerd, I should have been geeking out, but instead I cringed. It was obvious and sloppy pandering to the hardcore base and must have come off as complete, boring nonsense to non-fanboys.

Family Guy is what it is. It's raw, line blurring, blunt jokes and cultural shoutouts for the 25-35 crowd.

Neither holds a candle to South Park. Now that's a show that continues to get smarter and, somehow, funnier with each season.

I don't know. I think there is an element to where the flavor of other shows can influence how some may view The Simpsons based on individual, cultural (types of shows) identity.

But in a vacuum The Simpsons is head and shoulders above the rest all things considered IMO.