• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Exxon-Mobil Says "Fuck You, Earth"

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
The greed and selfishness of these oil pigs is beyond belief....

From today's Houston Chronicle:

DALLAS — To the chagrin of some institutional investors and a few dozen protesters, Exxon Mobil Corp. shareholders voted Wednesday to keep the world's largest oil company focused on fossil fuels, rejecting proposals to set targets for greenhouse-gas emissions cuts and to move aggressively into alternative energy.

Entire article is here:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/biz/4849180.html

Could we really expect them to change thier mind. Developing alternate fuel sorces costs money, and right now they are sitting high as a hog on the money they are getting. I hope congress breaks up these big oil companies.

And we'll all line up at the gas stations tomorrow to fill up our tanks....
"Yeah! Fuck you Exxon! But I'm still buying your gas..."

Don't like what Exxon-Mobile does? Don't buy their products.

We each have a responsibility too. It's far too easy to point fingers and hurl abuses.

cheers,

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.

We each have a responsibility too. It's far too easy to point fingers and hurl abuses.

cheers,

i hope that wasnt a shot at me.

i have never bought gas or anything from them in my life. its easy to hurl abuses and point fingers, yes. and?

fuck exxon-mobile.

im still not buying your gas.

It's not just Exxon..

All the major oil companies are turning a blind-eye to alternative fuels.
Oil is their business and until the earth gives up it's last drop of oil or it becomes an uninhabitable dust bowl, that isn't going to change.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
Jagger69, where did Exxon-Mobil say "Fuck You, Earth"?

You have it in quotations, but I don't see where they actually said that.

With the income produced by any oil company at this point, do you think any shareholders will vote for anything that will lessen their profits?

None of the oil companies want alternative fuels, why would they, except to be nice to us?

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Fuck all the oil companies not just exxon! They are all rolling in doe!

They aren't gonna switch to "planet friendly" fuels any time in the near future. They won't do shit about it till all the oil on the planet is completely used up! Of course by then it will be to late and the execs will end up homeless! :1orglaugh

Burn in hell bitches!!! :thefinger

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Jagger69, where did Exxon-Mobil say "Fuck You, Earth"?

You have it in quotations, but I don't see where they actually said that.

The thread title and referenced quote is a result of poetic license invoked by this author that is a more figurative and subjective interpretation of the message contained in the article.

The thread title and referenced quote is a result of poetic license invoked by this author that is a more figurative and subjective interpretation of the message contained in the article.

"Generally it's considered good form when quoting or implying a quotation, to stick to the exact words of the original source"
- AFA 2007

Of course that's the problem with the hardcore capitalistic "choice" approach, and a flaw a lot of republican, libertarian, and capitalist ideologues have unless they think the world some unrealistic fantasy land where their ideology somehow magically works for the betterment of mankind when it doesn't and has been obvious it doesn’t for a long time. In real life for far too many people there is no "choice". Not only do they not have a "choice" but also they are virtually powerless in the real world compared to the elite and the rich to change it where they do have one. Saying a person has a choice implies an alternative reasonable choice. I could point a gun to somebody's head and tell them to do something and sure technically they still have a choice, they can always choose to die instead of what I tell them to do. People that shop at Wall-Mart because they don't make enough money to go somewhere else don't have a "choice". The farmers that use fuel to power the vehicles that produce enough food where otherwise their wouldn't be nearly enough to feed everybody don't have a "choice". People that work in sweatshops in other countries because it's all they have to keep themselves from starving don't have a "choice". People that have a need for gas to get them to work in the modern non-agrarian world don't have to "choice". Their livelihoods won't last too long without a paycheck. I swear if some corporation ever got a hold of all the air in water in the world and then charged people outrageous prices for it instead of having the government control it or having people look for viable alternatives the hardcore capitalism people would probably be telling us how it's our fault because we should just not buy their products if we don’t like it.

While I do strongly support immediate changes with regards to global climate change, I also understand a different aspect.

Fossil fuels drive our economy. The more we spend on gas, the less we spend else where. If companies were to shift their focus to other types of fuel, what would it do to fuel supplies? How many things run on fossil fuels besides cars? How many machines that aren't hybrids or ethanol compatible fuel our lives? The fact is that we are heavily reliant on fossil fuels at this point, and we need those companies that will stay focussed on it.

All things considered, Exxon-Mobile is still not fulfilling its morale obligation as an occupant of this planet and a member of this society. While fossil fuel consumption is here to stay, we also need large companies like this to make efforts to promote alternatives. Many would say that these companies are "evil", but the reality is that we need them. Large corporations have lots of resources and the ability to create unbelievable outcomes. If it is not Exxon it will be other large corporations that eventually bring things like ethanol or other alternative fuels into wide spread reality.

....... instead of having the government control it.....

Yeah I would feel really good having the government control it. The only thing the government can do is waste money and resources.

Aren't they making some $5000 a second or something like that...

Not a clue, but it seems it would be important to know how much they're operating expenses are, too. This isn't at all an area of expertise for me, but I seem to recall hearing recently that since 1990 refiners have averaged just 5 cents profit for every dollar invested....which hardly sounds like a windfall if it's true :dunno: