• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Eurovision Song Contest 2006

Moldova - did you see the chick with the hotpants on?:eek: :nanner:

I love eurorvision, can't beat getting pissed listening to some terrible euro pop and Tel's dry wit:rofl:

btw FINLAND wtf was that, i didn't see that coming at all:)

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Gape_Fan said:
Define irony - people complaining about a "Satanic" band, or no-one batting an eyelid to an act that has a 30yr old male dancing with schoolgirls...

:rolleyes:

Believe me, there was some eyes rolled over here - have a peek at Daz's video

(dear god - it's like "Pimp My Ride UK")

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
cabey said:
Moldova - did you see the chick with the hotpants on?:eek: :nanner:

Was that Arsenium & Natalia Gordienko?

cabey said:
Gunloc - you must be mad lol

I've been a hardrock/metalfan all my life, and seeing them win is like a victory for rockmusic in general. But to each their own eh ? :glugglug:

Hard... Rock... Hallelujah !! :thumbsup:

Fair enough Gunloc, i respect your opinion and taste in music.
I, as i'm sure you were already aware of, was only playing with ya:)

I myself am a Morrisey, The Smiths, Beautiful South etc fan, we all have our crosses to bear lol

poggy1 said:
Also we don't get beaten all the time, we've won it quite a few times. The reason we've not done well in recent times is because of Iraq and the fact we've been putting in extremely poor acts. Plus it's all turned political and neighbour friendly.

Hehehe you don't hear too many of us Brits getting patriotic about the Eurovision song contest... :tongue:

To me the whole thing is utter farce, but then I suppose there wouldn't be a thread here if everyone thought that, so sorry! :2 cents:

cabey said:
Fair enough Gunloc, i respect your opinion and taste in music.
I, as i'm sure you were already aware of, was only playing with ya:)

I myself am a Morrisey, The Smiths, Beautiful South etc fan, we all have our crosses to bear lol

Of course dude, and besides.
If we all had the same taste in everything, the world would be a boring place.
:thumbsup:

What's everybody's opinion on Silvia Night ? (Iceland's participant)
I know her behaviour left a lot to be desired, (I'm told this was a part of her act) but she's kinda hot IMO.

ludiabra said:
Here are some pics of Elena the girl from Macedonia
FYROM .... not Macedonia!!!for your information Macedonia is in Greece :mad:

hail to Lordi...!!!!
when a rock band draws some attention, Satanism always appear!!!
I guess all the rock fans are Satanists too!!!!including me :banger:

^--
I dont think I need history lessons about my own country...
I know and you should know, that Macedonia is the northern borders of Greece..

back to the topic now.... :wave:

I do hope the U.K. and some other countries do learn from this. As lets be honest, just about every country gave points to Finland. The reason why I think this happened is because they actually not only used a professional act. But they also don't have like we have in this country, a backwards panel. This panel first select a bunch of amatuers song writers and then get a third rate performer from some cheap concert hall or pub. Then they put them together and try to ram it down the publics throat, trying to make them like it.

Now this is what should happen...
Take a look at the charts over the last year and see who's performed well. Then get 4 or 5 of them together and ask them to write a song especially for this contest. Then I'd get them to preform them so the public could vote on them and pick there own.

This would also get the public actually interested in this and maybe watch it for the performers, instead of Sir Terry Wogan, using his dry wit to take the mickey out of them.

^Don't do that!^
Poggy1, I know your heart is in the right place, but the cheap tackiness of the Eurovision with its awful performers and songs is exactly what makes it so popular and so great.
I watch it every year and i love it just the way it is, in fact in my opinion Greece did the job of hosting it a bit too well lol.
If we put in a top performing professional act it would ruin Eurovision for all those other countrys like Finland who at the moment stand a chance of winning.
Its all about having a bit of friendly, political, euro banter fun. nothing more.