• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Eurovision Song Contest 2006

I just watched the national final for the german participant of Eurovision Song Contest 2006.

The winner was my favourite, Texas Lightning! :nanner:
Their song "No no never" is a country song. Now, please don't say: "Country? I hate that kind of music!" Once you'll hear this song, you won't get it out of your ears, I swear! And the singer, Jane Comerford, is a good looking mature woman. :)
I predict they will be among the top 3 in the final on may 20 in Athens.

They have a website, but it is currently down:
http://www.texaslightning.net/

How about the contestants from your participating countries? Any predictions?

:hatsoff: Jackson

stek1983 said:
does it really matter?
it's all politics
That's right, unfortunately politics has influenced the song contests more and more over the years.
But I guess we board members are wise enough to keep politics out of this thread. After all, the EST should be fun. Nothing less and nothing more.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Jacksson_77 said:
I just watched the national final for the german participant of Eurovision Song Contest 2006.

The winner was my favourite, Texas Lightning! :nanner:
Their song "No no never" is a country song. Now, please don't say: "Country? I hate that kind of music!" Once you'll hear this song, you won't get it out of your ears, I swear! And the singer, Jane Comerford, is a good looking mature woman. :)
I predict they will be among the top 3 in the final on may 20 in Athens.

They have a website, but it is currently down:
http://www.texaslightning.net/

How about the contestants from your participating countries? Any predictions?

Can't be worse than ours....:(

Dance track wins (UK) Eurovision vote

om3ga

Diamond said:
Saw the bloke on Richard & Judy the other day, talk about a deluded twat!

Saw that interview too - talk about pompous!

Then again, I'm tired with "Sir" Terry's attitude throughout the final anyway...we treat Eurovision like a joke, then get upset when everyone else gives us "nul points" - politics aside, our songs have been rather poor.....

om3ga

agggelos21 said:
I dont really like the music that is played on Eurovision
but I know I'll watch it cause the beautiful Maria Menounos will do the presentation! :bowdown:

Watching it now, I find it hard to believe ABBA kicked off from winning the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest with "Waterloo"......

om3ga said:
Watching it now, I find it hard to believe ABBA kicked off from winning the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest with "Waterloo"......

The problem now is it's not taken seriously as it used to be.Look at us in our country for example,we produced some of the greatest music acts in the world.But when it comes to ESC we go looking round the pub acts and then expect them to win it with a very poor song.We should get some national pride behind this and get some major bands/artists interested.

Also I've loved listerning to Terry Wogan sly comments over the years,but thats whats wrong we us.We make a joke of it now,we haven't really took it serious since Bucks Fizz won it.We need to start taking it serious again,after all it's shown on our major national TV channel BBC1.

Agggelos that sure is a great reason to watch it.Is it just me but they always seem to find a gorgeous woman to present it now:thumbsup:

om3ga

poggy1 said:
The problem now is it's not taken seriously as it used to be.Look at us in our country for example,we produced some of the greatest music acts in the world.But when it comes to ESC we go looking round the pub acts and then expect them to win it with a very poor song.We should get some national pride behind this and get some major bands/artists interested.

I agree - it's time to dump the piss-poor acts, and get real!

Eurovision is completly political bullshit and the songs are so poor :1orglaugh
fortunately, Maria Menounos is hot and it will be a good reason to watch it (with the sound turned off !)
:thefinger

om3ga

OK folks - who do you think going to win?

:dunno:

[edit] it won't be Great Britain - people are still mad at us over Iraq (and our song's naff anyway)

I hope it's Finland....:D

Last edited:
om3ga said:
OK folks - who do you think going to win?

:dunno:

[edit] it won't be Great Britain - people are still mad at us over Iraq (and our song's naff anyway)

I hope it's Finland....:D

Only just put it on and I see some of the usual old pals act is going on.

Glad to see we are getting creamed, as that thing we put in there was pathetic.

om3ga

poggy1 said:
Only just put it on and I see some of the usual old pals act is going on.

Glad to see we are getting creamed, as that thing we put in there was pathetic.

They need to revamp the contest - all this voting for one's neighbour and/or political ally is BS.
I think we should pull out until they stop this biased voting (and we actually improve our songs!)

om3ga

Glad Finland won it - Lordi were accused of links with Satanism...

HA! this is gonna piss off a few people. Also the BBC News were treating them as a bit of a joke this morning - which I thought was strange, when our representative is named after soap powder.........:D

Last edited: