• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Shifty

O.G.
Jesus. No. Have you ever even seen a guitar in real life? This is one of the most uninspired, lazy, boring guitar solos ever. "Derp, I'm going to play this pentatonic scale over and over for 6 minutes. Hope no actual guitar players see this, I will be ashamed." Sad.

If it sounds good, it is good. This thread is about posting what we like.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Something a little different:

gay.gif
.....like you!

hardest thing you can do on guitar

Jesus. No. Have you ever even seen a guitar in real life? This is one of the most uninspired, lazy, boring guitar solos ever. "Derp, I'm going to play this pentatonic scale over and over for 6 minutes. Hope no actual guitar players see this, I will be ashamed." Sad.

I'm not an Oasis fan by any stretch of the imagination, and this is just me spouting a bit, but you're coming of a bit high-&-mighty here. Like one of those Steve Vai-types that thinks that if you don't play 20 notes per second and use every note on the fret board at least 5 times in a solo while the rest of your band plays rudimentary, borderline insulting stuff simply so you can keep track of time whilst showing of how many scales you can play. That shit is boring as fuck (impressive, but boring as all fuck), and I find it insulting when wannabe "virtuosos" look down on any other kind of guitar playing. I deal with it a shitload on a guitar forum I frequent, and its annoying and closed-minded. Lots of "average" guitarists can say more with a few notes than some neo-classical wizard can in an entire song.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I'm not sure if the late Frank Zappa is in this thread. :dunno:

Frank Zappa, Jack Bruce and Jim Gordon...