• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Elections in America : Why is it such a mess ?

I live in France.

We vote on Sundays, no early voting, higher turn-out than in the US (the turn-out in the 2017 presidentil election in France was 80%, in 2016 the turnout to the US presidential election was 55%), no endless waiting in lines before getting to the voting booth.
We all vote with a government provided voted ID
Voting booth are open from 8am to 7pm (8am in large cities)
We vote with ballot papers, enveloppes and boxes
By 8pm the medias are able to publish first results and the government publishes the official results within 3-4 days

I have never heard about a recount in a national scale election, about a candidate refusing to admit he lost,
Sure there was some fraud but it never had been a big issue, candidates have never whined about voter fraud being used by their opponent

Somehow, the US can't do the same : There's always recounts, there's always candidates claiming his opponent stole the election, there's always issues about early voting, voter suppression, gerrymandering, claims, voter fraud, etc.

Somehow we have a functionning electoral system and you don't. Why ?

I live in France.

We vote on Sundays, no early voting, higher turn-out than in the US (the turn-out in the 2017 presidentil election in France was 80%, in 2016 the turnout to the US presidential election was 55%), no endless waiting in lines before getting to the voting booth.
We all vote with a government provided voted ID
Voting booth are open from 8am to 7pm (8am in large cities)
We vote with ballot papers, enveloppes and boxes
By 8pm the medias are able to publish first results and the government publishes the official results within 3-4 days

I have never heard about a recount in a national scale election, about a candidate refusing to admit he lost,
Sure there was some fraud but it never had been a big issue, candidates have never whined about voter fraud being used by their opponent

Somehow, the US can't do the same : There's always recounts, there's always candidates claiming his opponent stole the election, there's always issues about early voting, voter suppression, gerrymandering, claims, voter fraud, etc.

Somehow we have a functionning electoral system and you don't. Why ?
It’s almost exclusively a Democrat issue in Democrat counties and precincts.
The Republicans have their votes counted on Election Day or shortly thereafter.

Democrats want to count every vote until the capture the lead and then they stop counting.

Recounts result in a disproportionate amount of votes going to Democrats.

Why is that?

You need to direct your question to the cheating motherfuckers.

#FuckTheLeft

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
A: The technical side. These "Voting Machines" are in massive parts extremely out of date, and create big problems documenting and handling the votes given. They should be compketely replaced with new machines, which should also e a lot better safe from fingering the results.

B: The fact that people have to go through differing variations of registering to vote, and registering as a republican or democrat, which is just foolish. Here in Europe,, if you are a citizen, you are registered, you get the letter when election day nears, you can vote by mail, you can go to yourself.

C - The differing sorts of primaries. I still remember the fucked up caucusses, as an exampkle in Las Vegas, the democrats had already pronounced the winner, before all votes were counted. There were a number of similar messes.

D - That electoral college, that swings the vote in the way the political elite wishes it to be, as in the year of Trump's eleection, in spite of having actually lost the vote.

It’s almost exclusively a Democrat issue in Democrat counties and precincts.
The Republicans have their votes counted on Election Day or shortly thereafter.

Democrats want to count every vote until the capture the lead and then they stop counting.

Recounts result in a disproportionate amount of votes going to Democrats.

Why is that?

You need to direct your question to the cheating motherfuckers.

#FuckTheLeft
Then count ALL the votes before publishing the results.

But you're only adressing the recounts here.
What about the low turn-out ?
What about the endless waiting lines (despite the low turn-out, just imagine the lines if the turn-out was 80% instead of 55%) ?
What about the election being held on a business day ? (Why not having it on sunday, that would make it much easier for people to vote)

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Rampant voter suppression in states currently ruled by the GOP, of course they have to cheat to win, their ideas are garbage, but even with systemic gerrymandering they still lost control of The House and had a marginal gain in the Senate, under a map they should have picked up at least six seats. Blue Fucking Tidal Wave.

hardertovote.jpg

georges

Staff member
Rampant voter suppression in states currently ruled by the GOP, of course they have to cheat to win, their ideas are garbage, but even with systemic gerrymandering they still lost control of The House and had a marginal gain in the Senate, under a map they should have picked up at least six seats. Blue Fucking Tidal Wave.

hardertovote.jpg

Didn't you hear, we need voter ID to buy cereal

#StraightShooter

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
oooh oooh ooh I know I know!

Its because the elections in the USA are 100% rigged!

Might as well make it a mess just to confuse things.

Does anybody think they can possibly tally 100 million + votes in a few hours?
C'mon think.
Use it.

No voter ID means no vote and that is to prevent voter fraud.

I had a real hankering for Fruit Loops today so I moseyed on down to the grocery store to pick up a box. I got to the register only to realize I didn't have my voter ID on me...No Fruit Loops for Straight Shooter

georges

Staff member
I had a real hankering for Fruit Loops today so I moseyed on down to the grocery store to pick up a box. I got to the register only to realize I didn't have my voter ID on me...No Fruit Loops for Straight Shooter

And what will you do then when a cop will ask you for your driving licence or you identity card and that you won't be able to show any of them? You will be put in custody and rightfully so.

And what will you do then when a cop will ask you for your driving licence or you identity card and that you won't be able to show any of them? You will be put in custody and rightfully so.

I voted twice. I went in and voted as I usually would then I went outside to my car to put hat and fake mustache on and I walked right back in and voted for a second time. They didn't even notice me. It's way too easy