• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This game cannot come out fast enough. I think I might be taking off a few days of work. Although I have to say I am not impressed with the special edition. Some DLC, currency or something else would have been nice. Just not a fan of the statues they keep releasing with games.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Yeah, I preordered it yesterday, looking forward to it. Never played an Elder Scrolls game before.
It seems to have the same release date worldwide? I would get it earlier than most on account of living in a GMT +13 area :D

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Damn you!

Yeah, I preordered it yesterday, looking forward to it. Never played an Elder Scrolls game before.
It seems to have the same release date worldwide? I would get it earlier than most on account of living in a GMT +13 area :D

Feel free to tell us if it is amazing or really fucking amazing when you get your hands on it.

GKUK

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner
Having played and enjoyed every single Elder Scrolls game since Arena, I will definitely be buying this game - regardless of the hype. In fact, I'm deliberately avoiding reading (or watching) anything about Skyrim until it comes out.

Oblivion was (and still is) an astounding game, slightly let down by silly story/quest paradoxes, a few bugs (actually hundreds of bugs), and a lame end-of-game bad guy (Mehrunes Dagon was little more than a statue, which was a pity). That said, Skyrim surely can't fail to build on the best elements of Oblivion (the incredible world in which you explore; the excellent graphics; the incredible atmosphere; the stunning music; the interesting levelling system; the incredible depth, and the cool interface and controls) and Fallout 3 (the excellent combat system; great plotlines and explosive situations, and dark humour).

I'm hoping that the combat is a mix of Oblivion and Fallout 3 - real-time and turn-based (a la VATS), though if it's just real-time I won't be complaining. And I'm also hoping that the world is more realistic than Morrowind.

I hope they improve the map system from Oblivion, and retain the deep alchemy and spell creation systems. As well as the brilliant side quests. Instead of vampirism, why not try lycanthropy this time?

Oblivion had balls; it had grit; it was a game for adults and not kids, which made it for me. I'm crossing my fingers that Skyrim continues that trend.

Bring it the fuck on.

L3ggy

They completely rewrote the engine for Skyrim, so I doubt that'll be like Oblivion.

GKUK

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner
They completely rewrote the engine for Skyrim, so I doubt that'll be like Oblivion.

I don't want to argue with you, but that is a rather nonsensical statement to make, so I can't resist responding.

Please don't take offence, but I know they re-wrote the engine, and no one is expecting the Oblivion engine all over again, but even a brand new engine can be made to retain the essence and the brilliance of its predecessors. An engine is just an engine - it's the usability of that engine that is important, and the engine's ability to balance the plot with player interaction and freedom.

Without wanting to sound like an ass: I've been to Bethesda Softworks - I've met the people who work there, and I know that they will not let their premier franchise flounder (or change too significantly), simply because of an engine re-write. Or maybe they will? Who knows. It'll all be a matter of opinion anyway, because I'm sure the (frankly huge) development team working on the game will work tirelessly to build on the success of Oblivion, and not just forget about it.

L3ggy

even a brand new engine can be made to retain the essence and the brilliance of its predecessors. An engine is just an engine - it's the usability of that engine that is important, and the engine's ability to balance the plot with player interaction and freedom.

And you don't think I know that?

L3ggy

I wonder how good the Perk system from FO3 will be.

freeones_regina

Administrator
I did not like the way mobs levelled with you in oblivion, made it way too easy to wander through the world as a lvl 1 or 2. I hope they have changed this for Skyrim.

Having played and enjoyed every single Elder Scrolls game since Arena, I will definitely be buying this game - regardless of the hype. In fact, I'm deliberately avoiding reading (or watching) anything about Skyrim until it comes out.

Bring it the fuck on.

Good call. I like this man, you gonna just enjoy the game in a leisurely pace? Maybe a glass of mead to quell the thirst and couple of wenches either side spreading their legs to the amazement of Skyrym. *wakes up from dream*

No I second Bring it the fuck on.

L3ggy

Where'd you find that?

I love Elder Scrolls games, and I have a feeling this ones going to be awesome just like the others. I'm starting to get REALLY excited for it. Only problem is there are too many good games out right now and not enough time to play them.

L3ggy

That's November for you.