• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Bethesda revealed at tonight's Spike VGAs that they are currently working on the long-awaited Elder Scrolls V, and even included a release date.

The premiere trailer depicts a massive dragon awakening atop a mountain of skulls, promising a new age "born in fire." The official title is Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.

The most recent Elder Scrolls title was released back in early 2006, making it one of the Xbox 360's earliest major releases. A PS3 version was released the following year.

The release date should be easy to remember: November 11, 2011. Expect it to be a major holiday release next year.

http://www.1up.com/news/bethesda-announces-elder-scrolls
Try and watch it in HD if you can.

Joorpe

Closed Account
Read about this earlier, good news. It is also ditching that terrible Gamebryo engine. 2011 is going to be a good year for gaming regardless of platform.

Hopefully unlike Oblivion this game will actually have substance and not just be chalked full of a bunch of nothing.

Hopefully unlike Oblivion this game will actually have substance and not just be chalked full of a bunch of nothing.

i agree,but wont buy this new one. i loved Fallout3 and i was never a big fan of RPG games only played one before that which was KOTOR (never finished KOTOR 2) but i hated fallout3 until i was really able to grasp the concept AND get past the "family".
to feed my "hunger" i bought oblivion like many years after it came out,i got it like just this past summer, and i was able to get into the local town but i fucking gave up and threw the game into the garbage,PLUS new vegas came out and oblivion was like $5 used.
i wont buy this new one just from the lack of a good experience with Oblivion

i agree,but wont buy this new one. i loved Fallout3 and i was never a big fan of RPG games only played one before that which was KOTOR (never finished KOTOR 2) but i hated fallout3 until i was really able to grasp the concept AND get past the "family".
to feed my "hunger" i bought oblivion like many years after it came out,i got it like just this past summer, and i was able to get into the local town but i fucking gave up and threw the game into the garbage,PLUS new vegas came out and oblivion was like $5 used.
i wont buy this new one just from the lack of a good experience with Oblivion

I liked Fallout 3. It seemed more built around the plot instead of the plot having the tacked on feel Oblivion had. All the places seemed more unique so even going around and exploring wasn't drudgery. The characters seemed different and had more personality. Fallout also benefited from a lot of backstory and a setting that was very well set up before the third one came out.

Oblivion was a gigantic wide open space...filled with repetitive things where 95% of the places where almost the exact same thing, and most of the time it wasn't exciting. You ran around doing the exact same thing everywhere. The plot was lame. The leveling system was lame and poorly done. The way enemies leveled up to you didn't make sense. If somebody played Oblivion for an hour or two they pretty much experienced everything worthwhile in the game. I have no idea why it was ever rated as highly among some people as it is. Being able to do a lot of stuff is great, but there has to be substance to it. Being able to visit a place that is like every other, fighting the same things in them, or being able to pick up a bunch of random objects that don't mean anything doesn't make a game good or immersing. That's a large part of the reason I personally rate Oblivion as the most overrated game ever. It was the only game I ever regretted buying after having looked at reviews and researched it.

Oblivion wasn't perfect but it was still awesome. The previous game in the series however, Morrowind, was a fucking masterpiece. My favorite game ever.

I creamed my pants a little when I heard about Skyrim. That'll be a pre-order-release-day-delivery-schedule-the-rest-of-the-week-off game for me!!!

:cool:

I'm very excited about this. I thought Oblivion was awesome. Better than Fallout in some aspects, IMO. First being that Oblivion was beautiful compared to Fallout's dirty wasteland.

Well drop a nuke in Oblivion and see what it looks like after everything is said and done. Aside from that to compare Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls environment wise is frivolous. They are two separate games about different plots and even realms.

As for Elder Scrolls, Morrowind is definitely a hardcore RPG. It was the first one I ever partook in and I love every bit of it. Oblivion was just a pretty forest to walk through. I spent more time decorating my homes than anything else.

It was too linear. Decent, but it really did a 180 compared to Morrowind.

I'm just glad that its an all new game "engine" being developed for this. There's so much buggy shit between Fallout/Oblivion its insane

Well drop a nuke in Oblivion and see what it looks like after everything is said and done. Aside from that to compare Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls environment wise is frivolous. They are two separate games about different plots and even realms.

The same argument could be made of any sequel. does that mean we can't compare Black Ops to Modern Warfare 2. Different settings, different weapons, different time period...

The fact is, Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV are made by the same group, and run on the same engine, so they are going to be compared. The open world, doing this and that for someone else to advance the story, looting corpses, pickpocketing, selling junk for profit, combining things to make new things, upgrading armor, upgrading weapons, repairing armor and weapons, moral choices, and so on... Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV are the same, with only one exception: the setting. And the setting in Oblivion was far more appealing to me, personally. I spent a lot of time on various side quest in Oblivion, and I loved it. The side quests in Fallout 3 rarely interested me. I haven't played New Vegas yet, but I'm hoping it will be better.

Two things might stop me from buying it or might make me buy it.

1. The combat system. It needs to be like Oblivion and not like Morrowind. I liked the whole being able to hit the enemy every time you swing or fire a weapon. This was a big fun kill in Morrowind for me as if it was a roll of the dice to determine a hit or miss. Fuck that!.

2. The setting needs to be more like Oblivion, forrests, lakes, snowy and non-snowy mountains, caves, etc. I disliked the whole Morrowind and Shivering Isles settings of giant mushroom styled trees and stuff like that.

Two things might stop me from buying it or might make me buy it.

1. The combat system. It needs to be like Oblivion and not like Morrowind. I liked the whole being able to hit the enemy every time you swing or fire a weapon. This was a big fun kill in Morrowind for me as if it was a roll of the dice to determine a hit or miss. Fuck that!.

2. The setting needs to be more like Oblivion, forrests, lakes, snowy and non-snowy mountains, caves, etc. I disliked the whole Morrowind and Shivering Isles settings of giant mushroom styled trees and stuff like that.

I partly agree with the combat system. I think it should still be a bit challenging when it comes to lower levels in whatever type of weaponry you choose to use. At least put where you have to level up to become decent in the different types.

On the same note, they can keep the combat easy or hard, just as long as they bring back all the different types of weapons like they did in Morrowind. I love variety. Especially when that variety includes spears and throwing knives and darts. Same with the clothing. I want to be able to layer my clothes. Instead of having only one layer and unable to put a robe or whatever on over something.

When it comes to settings Morrowind had a decent array of environments, especially in the expansions. They have lovely coasts, islands, even grottoes if take the time to find them under the water, snowy places more up north, and swampy places such as the southern areas. Then you had the massive volcanic, dead area in the middle, but that was for a reason. It was being destroyed by Dagon.

Oblivion had the same, especially being on the mainland. Swamps, wintry areas, lovely forests, and mountains. As well as the lovely coastline in the south-west.

Skyrim is snowy, mountainous terrain. Very cold and most likely snowy forests. Maybe some areas might be less snow and typical forest, especially since Elven races live in Skyrim. They enjoy their forests.

Game Informer next month will have this game as it is the cover story.

Skyrim sounds more like it hehe. Snowy mountains and forrests to fuck about in.

Can't wait.

I just hope you can create a non ugly character and you have more character creation options. (Facial hair ect..) And maybe some new races (return of the Dwarves? Minotaurs? ect)

Plus some variety of weapons/armor and lots to do!

IMO - loved Morrowind (esp the Bloodmoon expansion) but hated Oblivion (hated the character models, and boring yet lovely landscape)

I just hope you can create a non ugly character
I just wish Behtesda knew how to do female asses. All the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout 3, all the girls have skinny hips and no asses.

It's not that hard. The girls in WoW have great asses and that game's been out for 6 years.

:cool:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
You're wet? Where? Your palm?

ouh, nice! don't know how many hours i've spent on oblivion... this game is gonna be great! i actually saw some really early pre-alpha version like 3 years ago. i was at the gc in leipzig and there was a developer talking about how huge the mountains are going to be - and of course they looked pretty crappy back then. i never heard anything of the game since then; great that there's some information now! i'm so looking forward to this!

I received the copy of GameInformer that goes into detail about Skyrim. All I can say is I am MAJORLY hyped! The screenshots look beautiful as well.