• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Elder Scrolls Online?

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
Yay... they´re making an mmo out of a game with arguably the worst combat system ever devised...

Trust me, it can never be so bad as during the SWG NGE upgrade where you went from 'normal' MMO interface to an incredible buggy FPS interface with badly implemented LOS, latency and lag...

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Oh, this'll be good...

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Elder Scrolls MMO?

Fuck that.

They promised us a Fallout MMO AND THAT'S WHAT I WANT!!!!!

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
Yes... I can see this being just as exciting as Skyrim....

Oh wait... Skyrim is shit.... no variation, story is contrived and the combat sucks hamstertesticles.

I wont deny that they did an awesome job of creating a sandbox world... but thats about it.

And basically if they create a similar good sandbox world in an MMO (so you can *make* your story with other people - might need a bit of tweaking the story here and there) I think it will be a blast. You don't need NPCs when you have 'live' people to interact/roleplay with...

Or wait, is the RP section somewhere else ;)

I would probably pick this up if it makes it on consoles. Wife would be happy since she can finally play coop with me.

Yay... they´re making an mmo out of a game with arguably the worst combat system ever devised...

What! Are you telling me you actually don't jump around all day while going about your normal activities in the hopes of being able to jump better in a few days? :1orglaugh

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I'm just as shocked as you, D.

I do enjoy the Elder Scrolls games, I've played all of the main games back to Arena, and even played a couple of the other titles. I'm not entirely sure about Bethesda as a developer though seeing as how they're a little... dumb. Forget about all of the bugs for a minute (or don't... because imagine an MMO with Bethesda-style QA)... they don't think things through, including one of the main focuses of their game.

I mean, they invest all of this effort into making an entirely persistent world. That's nice and all, the whole persistence thing, but they've made it too persistent. You walk into a shop and knock a bowl off the counter. Come back later and that will still be on the floor. Oh wow, you've effected the world! Cool. Thing is, because of wonky physics you WILL be knocking all kinds of things off counters, shelves, desks, tables... really, you're gonna knock a LOT of shit over, and it's ALL going to stay there. Over time you're going to completely fuck up the local merchant's store, his shit it going to be everywhere and he will never mutherfucking pick that shit up. Oh and don't even think about trying to put it back yourself because despite the fact that you're dressed head-to-toe in demon armor, carrying a six-foot sword sheathed in fire, and have arms like tree trunks and he's in trousers and an apron... you try to put his shit back where it was and that shop keep will try to stab you right in the eye. I guess he really, really, really likes your accidental redecorating skills and thinks his shit looks much better on the floor, and violently disagrees with anyone thinking otherwise. Oh, and of course if you steal people's shit they will never replace it. Never. There are a lot of perfectly reasonable responses to being robbed. Buying better locks. Getting a dog maybe. Buying a weapon to protect your home. Just saying, "Fuck it! Why bother!?" though and never replacing any of your possessions and forever living in an empty hovel is... dumb.

It's odd, the persistence is one of the main selling points of their game but they don't seem to have thought it through at all. Their much ballyhooed "Radiant AI" couldn't figure out, "Put shit back where it belongs, get new shit to replace old shit." That's pretty obvious, basic, straightforward stuff.

And that's one of the main selling points of a Bethesda game. Can you imagine this in an MMO? Where you have a server full of people effecting the world instead of just one clumsy, thieving asshole? There will be shit everywhere... forever! Well, not forever, because you know, eventually it will all get stolen then there will be shit nowhere... forever.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Not really based on a persistent world, but their logic is kind of fuzzy.

I just managed to pickpocket the fucking Jarl of Whiterun yet the moment I kill someone's dumb fucking chicken, I have every guard in the country on my ass. I can't even bribe them not to attack me....over a bloody damned chicken. WTF?

I do enjoy the Elder Scrolls games, I've played all of the main games back to Arena, and even played a couple of the other titles. I'm not entirely sure about Bethesda as a developer though seeing as how they're a little... dumb. Forget about all of the bugs for a minute (or don't... because imagine an MMO with Bethesda-style QA)... they don't think things through, including one of the main focuses of their game.

I mean, they invest all of this effort into making an entirely persistent world. That's nice and all, the whole persistence thing, but they've made it too persistent. You walk into a shop and knock a bowl off the counter. Come back later and that will still be on the floor. Oh wow, you've effected the world! Cool. Thing is, because of wonky physics you WILL be knocking all kinds of things off counters, shelves, desks, tables... really, you're gonna knock a LOT of shit over, and it's ALL going to stay there. Over time you're going to completely fuck up the local merchant's store, his shit it going to be everywhere and he will never mutherfucking pick that shit up. Oh and don't even think about trying to put it back yourself because despite the fact that you're dressed head-to-toe in demon armor, carrying a six-foot sword sheathed in fire, and have arms like tree trunks and he's in trousers and an apron... you try to put his shit back where it was and that shop keep will try to stab you right in the eye. I guess he really, really, really likes your accidental redecorating skills and thinks his shit looks much better on the floor, and violently disagrees with anyone thinking otherwise. Oh, and of course if you steal people's shit they will never replace it. Never. There are a lot of perfectly reasonable responses to being robbed. Buying better locks. Getting a dog maybe. Buying a weapon to protect your home. Just saying, "Fuck it! Why bother!?" though and never replacing any of your possessions and forever living in an empty hovel is... dumb.

It's odd, the persistence is one of the main selling points of their game but they don't seem to have thought it through at all. Their much ballyhooed "Radiant AI" couldn't figure out, "Put shit back where it belongs, get new shit to replace old shit." That's pretty obvious, basic, straightforward stuff.

And that's one of the main selling points of a Bethesda game. Can you imagine this in an MMO? Where you have a server full of people effecting the world instead of just one clumsy, thieving asshole? There will be shit everywhere... forever! Well, not forever, because you know, eventually it will all get stolen then there will be shit nowhere... forever.

Not really based on a persistent world, but their logic is kind of fuzzy.

I just managed to pickpocket the fucking Jarl of Whiterun yet the moment I kill someone's dumb fucking chicken, I have every guard in the country on my ass. I can't even bribe them not to attack me....over a bloody damned chicken. WTF?

Don't fuck with chickens in Tamriel. Tamrielians have a thing about chickens. It's like the Hindus and cows. I suspect Tiber Septim was part chicken, like how they have lizard and cat people. Or maybe he just fucked chickens or something. :dunno: