• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Dr. Ben Carson Announces White House Bid

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
His soft-spoken, no-nonsense manner will resonate with a lot of people I think. He's definitely not of the political class, and though he points this out, he doesn't hammer you over the head with it repeatedly like someone from the ... political class would.
This is definitely a plus.

Ben Carson ?! For God sake, the guy never won any election (did he even participate to any ?)
This is also in my mind a plus.

Dr. Ben Carson Announces White House Bid

In 2013, Carson told Fox's Sean Hannity that "If the Lord grabbed me by the collar and made me do it (run for president)," he would do it.

Hallelujah, the Lord made him do it.

Here's hoping it's not the same lord who told Bush to invade Iraq :)
Sadly, here's where the downhill starts.

He seems like an earnest person. And obviously extremely skilled at his profession.
But being earnest isn't necessarily a plus. If one's convictions are misguided it can be quite the opposite.
Indeed - moreover, being a brilliant surgeon doesn't make the man brilliant (doesn't make him not - they're simply unrelated).

Carson hasn't had any.
It'll be interesting to see how conservatives try to spin this. Seems an impossibility without looking like complete hypocrites.
There will simply be many huge hypocrites. But they'll convince themselves it's somehow different here and most people won't even flinch while performing backbreaking mental gymnastics. That's politics.

I hope he gets elected so the left can continue on about how great it is to have a black president.

Diversity. Tolerance.
Heh. Bitterness?

In a speech last year to the Stillwater Christian School in Kalipsell, Montana, Ben Carson declared that the “biggest issue” facing the U.S. today is that “we have abandoned God.”

At the end of a speech filled with broad platitudes about patriotism and how, until only recently, the U.S. upheld Judeo-Christian values, Carson implored that “we need to bring spirituality back to this country.”

“It was our Judeo-Christian values that allowed this to be an exceptional country, that allowed us to move forward so incredibly quickly and as we abandon God, you can see that we are spiraling downward just as quickly,” he said.
And Dr Carson starts to lose me. Not only is he wrong, he's wrong in a worrying direction.

More from Dr. Carson:

Carson envisions a doomsday scenario in which Americans will have to combat ISIS fighters crossing the southern border because the Obama administration will refuse to do so.

Due to this ISIS threat, along with the national debt, Carson explains, Obama may even cancel the 2016 election because “there may be so much anarchy going on.” He also cited ISIS and the debt during a Fox News interview to justify his fears that Obama will seize power.

He similarly told a Washington Post reporter before the 2014 elections that he wasn’t confident that there would “even be an election in 2016” if Republicans failed to win a majority in the Senate. In response to an inquiry from the fringe website WorldNetDaily, where he also publishes a weekly column, Carson vowed to fight against a potential Obama third term.

:tinhat:

Less than a month ago Dr. Carson penned an article at World Net Daily calling for an anti-ISIS coalition: “We need to be the leader and take serious action. I am extraordinarily concerned about the fact that we are not responding to the barbaric acts that are taking place, as there is a tremendous leadership void. A coalition will form if it has a leader.”

Hard to imagine, but based on the above it would seem Dr. Carson isn't aware that we already are leading a multinational coalition that is fighting ISIS, and have been since last September.
Sources man, sources!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/05/really-dr-carson-obamacare-is-worse-than-9-11.html
Dr. Ben Carson, the Republican right’s favorite African-American neurosurgeon, often says that President Obama’s health care law is the worst thing since slavery.

But in my recent interview with the good doctor—who is riding high in the presidential preliminaries, having come in a close second to Sen. Ted Cruz this past weekend in the Republican Leadership Conference’s much-ballyhooed straw poll—he upped the ante.

He claimed that Obamacare has been even more damaging to the United States than the terrorist attacks of 9/11.
For all his earnestness, faith, etc - and I don't doubt them - he strikes scary overtones of George W Bush.

No thanks.

Deepcover

Closed Account
He mumbles a lot and can never really answer a specific question. He should just stick to the hospitals and leave the political stuff to the real politicians.

Deepcover

Closed Account
I actually started to like Carson until Johan showed me the light...My pants are safe and I can see once again.