• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Dr. Ben Carson Announces White House Bid

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Based on what I've seen and heard so far, I will keep my mind open about this guy. I know very, very little about his specific views. But as soon as he said, "I'm not politically correct" and voiced his concerns about the "political class" and how they exist only to expand their own power, he had my ear. :clap:

But we'll have to see if he's just talking the talk, or if he's prepared to walk the walk.

I watched his announcement this morning and it hit home with me.

His soft-spoken, no-nonsense manner will resonate with a lot of people I think. He's definitely not of the political class, and though he points this out, he doesn't hammer you over the head with it repeatedly like someone from the ... political class would.

That and I agree with many of his stances. He stresses self-reliance and responsibility over dependence but doesn't want to eliminate the safety net for those who truly need it. And instead of a bloated and intrusive government, he wants it to operate like a well-run business. And he repeatedly acknowledges our forefathers knew what the hell they were thinking with the foresight they showed. And to the press - "You have an almost sacred responsibility. Don't abuse it." The cheerleaders and sycophants we have in the media today. Hey you fucking relics of the 60s in the editorial rooms across mainstream media, your job isn't to "change the world," it's to report the news and hold the government accountable.

There's nothing that seems gimmicky about this guy. He was like "I'm not even asking you to vote for me; just listen to what I have to say." (paraphrasing)

I'm rooting for him.

The GOP field looks a lot more promising than 2012 that's for sure. I'll exclude Cruz from the mix because I know how much you like him :D

Ben Carson ?! For God sake, the guy never won any election (did he even participate to any ?), the guy knows nothing about campaigning, he's gonna be obliterated by more experienced candidates.

Actually, I don't think any of the actual republican candidate would be a match for Hillary. I'm stiil waiting for the real challengers such as Christie, Bush or Walker.

All this is great but anyone who seriously follows politics knows that he's not going to win the nomination. Right now of those who have officially announced their candidacy, I'd say that only Paul and Rubio have a legitimate shot of winning the nomination

All this is great but anyone who seriously follows politics knows that he's not going to win the nomination. Right now of those who have officially announced their candidacy, I'd say that only Paul and Rubio have a legitimate shot of winning the nomination

The more I've seen of Ben Carson the more he's my ideal candidate but like those on the opposite end of the ideological and principled spectrum, it isn't to be.

Hillary vs. Jeb 2016

Rubio will be the VP nominee.

Think about it - Jeb will do his 2 terms then it'll be Rubio's turn. That'll be the conversation once this whole thing is settled. Florida would be in the bag for the next 4 presidential election cycles. :banger:

In 2013, Carson told Fox's Sean Hannity that "If the Lord grabbed me by the collar and made me do it (run for president)," he would do it.

Hallelujah, the Lord made him do it.

Here's hoping it's not the same lord who told Bush to invade Iraq :)

But we'll have to see if he's just talking the talk, or if he's prepared to walk the walk.

He seems like an earnest person. And obviously extremely skilled at his profession.
But being earnest isn't necessarily a plus. If one's convictions are misguided it can be quite the opposite.

And what exactly are Dr. Carson's qualifications for the job?

As I mentioned on another thread: for seven years conservatives have railed incessantly about Obama being too inexperienced to be president; that he's never had a real job (false) and has never been anything more than a community organizer (false). In fact as a two term state senator and one term US senator Obama had a great deal of experience with the many facets of both state and national governance.
Carson hasn't had any.
It'll be interesting to see how conservatives try to spin this. Seems an impossibility without looking like complete hypocrites.

In 2013, Carson told Fox's Sean Hannity that "If the Lord grabbed me by the collar and made me do it (run for president)," he would do it.

Here's hoping it's not the same Lord who told Bush to invade Iraq :)

He seems like an earnest person. And obviously extremely skilled at his profession.
But being earnest isn't necessarily a plus. If one's convictions are misguided it can be quite the opposite.

As I mentioned on another thread: for seven years conservatives have railed incessantly about Obama being too inexperienced to be president; that he'd never had a real job (false) and had never been anything more than a community organizer (false). In fact as a two term state senator and one term US senator Obama had a great deal of experience with the many facets of both state and national governance.
Carson hasn't had any.
It'll be interesting to see how conservatives try to spin this. Seems an impossibility without looking like complete hypocrites.
He's had seven years on the job experience and how has he done? I'm looking forward to Hillary running on his record,

Ben Carson's foreign policy experience would equal Barack Obama's in 2008. I hope he gets elected so the left can continue on about how great it is to have a black president.

Diversity. Tolerance.

He's had seven years on the job experience and how has he done?

Reasonably well, imo. Clearly you disagree.
But how he's done is a whole separate conversation. What I'm genuinely curious about is how conservatives are going to try to spin candidate Carson's complete lack of experience in the wake of excoriating candidate Obama over (purportedly) the same thing.

Ben Carson's foreign policy experience would equal Barack Obama's in 2008.

Not exactly. Obama was a member of the US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and chaired that body's Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation. While that's hardly a mountain of experience it most definitely trumps Carson's.

Rey C.

Here's hoping it's not the same lord who told Bush to invade Iraq :)

I think it's safe to say that if God told Duhbya to get a pepperoni carry-out pizza, he'd come back with a box of pepper and and a girl named Roni carrying a (plain, cheese) pizza. If George heard someone speaking to him, we don't know if it was really God, or that other fellow. My money is on it being that other fellow.

He does, at that. I'm encouraged to learn more, just based on what I've seen and heard so far. I don't know much yet. But what I see, I like. Let's just keep in mind that I've been wrong before though. Like buying Alibaba at $105/share... and voting for Duhbya the first time. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! :mad:

On misguided convictions... I'm more concerned when politicians simply say what they know the shee..., I mean, people want to hear. We're becoming a nation of Pavlov's dogs. We begin slobbering when the politicians say the right things. I would prefer to hear the hard truth, rather than a soft lie. Many of our fellow citizens would prefer to hear the soft lie.

Other than meeting (as far as I know) all of the Constitutional requirements... :dunno:

As I mentioned on another thread: for seven years conservatives have railed incessantly about Obama being too inexperienced to be president; that he's never had a real job (false) and has never been anything more than a community organizer (false). In fact as a two term state senator and one term US senator Obama had a great deal of experience with the many facets of both state and national governance.
Carson hasn't had any.

Being that I voted for Obama twice, the ramblings of the radicalized far right about Obama's experience, or lack thereof (especially given that DingBat Palin was on the other ticket), didn't faze me. But how they'll deal with Carson's lack of political and foreign policy experience, I'm really not sure.

There's something about Carson that reminds me of another candidate that I (really) got behind... the first and only candidate that I've ever really gotten behind: Ross Perot. But I'm still learning about him at this point.

There's something about Carson that reminds me of another candidate that I (really) got behind... the first and only candidate that I've ever really gotten behind: Ross Perot. But I'm still learning about him at this point.

Well I'll be damned, that's it!

In hindsight (I voted for 41) HRP was right about everything he said and wish I had a do-over on that one. If he had chosen another running mate besides Admiral James Stockdale who came across as on the verge of senility or becoming Rev. Jim From Taxi the V.P.

Carson is a 7th Day Adventist, I am not sure exactly what their religious philosophy is but I am sure the left will try and destroy him for his belief in the "invisible man" or "Hay-Soos"

Rey C.

Well I'll be damned, that's it!

In hindsight (I voted for 41) HRP was right about everything he said and wish I had a do-over on that one. If he had chosen another running mate besides Admiral James Stockdale who came across as on the verge of senility or becoming Rev. Jim From Taxi the V.P.

Carson is a 7th Day Adventist, I am not sure exactly what their religious philosophy is but I am sure the left will try and destroy him for his belief in the "invisible man" or "Hay-Soos"

I did not know that. It doesn't bother me, but just something else I didn't know. The only thing I know about them is, I don't believe they eat meat. I only know that because I was once in a hospital run by 7th Day Adventists, and this teenager wanted a burger SO bad... but couldn't have one. Carson, like John F. Kennedy, likely will be attacked because of his religion. IMO, it will be done by proxies, who will simply ask leading questions. I wouldn't be in favor of a President who used his faith (over the Constitution) as a guide. But if his faith is sincere, I have no issue at all with that.

I wouldn't be in favor of a President who used his faith (over the Constitution) as a guide. But if his faith is sincere, I have no issue at all with that.

In a speech last year to the Stillwater Christian School in Kalipsell, Montana, Ben Carson declared that the “biggest issue” facing the U.S. today is that “we have abandoned God.”

At the end of a speech filled with broad platitudes about patriotism and how, until only recently, the U.S. upheld Judeo-Christian values, Carson implored that “we need to bring spirituality back to this country.”

“It was our Judeo-Christian values that allowed this to be an exceptional country, that allowed us to move forward so incredibly quickly and as we abandon God, you can see that we are spiraling downward just as quickly,” he said.

More from Dr. Carson:

Carson envisions a doomsday scenario in which Americans will have to combat ISIS fighters crossing the southern border because the Obama administration will refuse to do so.

Due to this ISIS threat, along with the national debt, Carson explains, Obama may even cancel the 2016 election because “there may be so much anarchy going on.” He also cited ISIS and the debt during a Fox News interview to justify his fears that Obama will seize power.

He similarly told a Washington Post reporter before the 2014 elections that he wasn’t confident that there would “even be an election in 2016” if Republicans failed to win a majority in the Senate. In response to an inquiry from the fringe website WorldNetDaily, where he also publishes a weekly column, Carson vowed to fight against a potential Obama third term.

:tinhat:

Carson is paranoid about ISIS fighters coming across the southern border, Hillary is paranoid about the very people that she seeks to elect her enjoying full disclosure and transparency when it comes to her fund raising and electronic communications regarding the peoples business.

Advantage Carson.

Less than a month ago Dr. Carson penned an article at World Net Daily calling for an anti-ISIS coalition: “We need to be the leader and take serious action. I am extraordinarily concerned about the fact that we are not responding to the barbaric acts that are taking place, as there is a tremendous leadership void. A coalition will form if it has a leader.”

Hard to imagine, but based on the above it would seem Dr. Carson isn't aware that we already are leading a multinational coalition that is fighting ISIS, and have been since last September.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
More from Dr. Carson:

Carson envisions a doomsday scenario in which Americans will have to combat ISIS fighters crossing the southern border because the Obama administration will refuse to do so.

Due to this ISIS threat, along with the national debt, Carson explains, Obama may even cancel the 2016 election because “there may be so much anarchy going on.” He also cited ISIS and the debt during a Fox News interview to justify his fears that Obama will seize power.

He similarly told a Washington Post reporter before the 2014 elections that he wasn’t confident that there would “even be an election in 2016” if Republicans failed to win a majority in the Senate. In response to an inquiry from the fringe website WorldNetDaily, where he also publishes a weekly column, Carson vowed to fight against a potential Obama third term.

:tinhat:

You're a fucking racist. I'm just using the Obama playbook here. If you don't support him you're racist. This is how it works. I will, from now on, call everyone who uses reason and rational, well thought out arguments against his candidacy a racist. It has worked since 2008, why not now.

- - - Updated - - -

Less than a month ago Dr. Carson penned an article at World Net Daily calling for an anti-ISIS coalition: “We need to be the leader and take serious action. I am extraordinarily concerned about the fact that we are not responding to the barbaric acts that are taking place, as there is a tremendous leadership void. A coalition will form if it has a leader.”

Hard to imagine, but based on the above it would seem Dr. Carson isn't aware that we already are leading a multinational coalition that is fighting ISIS, and have been since last September.

You're a fucking racist.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
In a speech last year to the Stillwater Christian School in Kalipsell, Montana, Ben Carson declared that the “biggest issue” facing the U.S. today is that “we have abandoned God.”

At the end of a speech filled with broad platitudes about patriotism and how, until only recently, the U.S. upheld Judeo-Christian values, Carson implored that “we need to bring spirituality back to this country.”

“It was our Judeo-Christian values that allowed this to be an exceptional country, that allowed us to move forward so incredibly quickly and as we abandon God, you can see that we are spiraling downward just as quickly,” he said.

Just look at all that fucking racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Reasonably well, imo. Clearly you disagree.
But how he's done is a whole separate conversation. What I'm genuinely curious about is how conservatives are going to try to spin candidate Carson's complete lack of experience in the wake of excoriating candidate Obama over (purportedly) the same thing.

Not exactly. Obama was a member of the US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and chaired that body's Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation. While that's hardly a mountain of experience it most definitely trumps Carson's.

I can't believe they let you post that racist shit.

You're a fucking racist. I'm just using the Obama playbook here. If you don't support him you're racist. This is how it works. I will, from now on, call everyone who uses reason and rational, well thought out arguments against his candidacy a racist. It has worked since 2008, why not now.

- - - Updated - - -

You're a fucking racist.

Yep, they dislike Carson because they don't want to see a black man in the White House. So far we have only had a half black man to hold the office.