• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Donald Trump Speaks At a Fourth Grade Level

President Donald Trump may claim to 'know all the best words' but when it comes to using them in speech and the written word he comes bottom of the class.

New research looking at the speech patterns of the last fifteen U.S. Presidents finds the 45th speaks at the level of a fourth-grader - the worst since Harry Truman in 1945.

The analysis looked at the President's tweets as well as the spoken word with recent examples where Mr Trump proclaimed himself to be 'like, really smart,' typical of the colloquial style he is known for.

Factbase which studies President Trump's words claims The Donald has the worst vocabulary of any modern president despite him insisting on the opposite.

'I know words... I have the best words,' Mr Trump said one day in his superlative way.

Trump's bold claim was trashed after wordsmiths used various calculations by looking at the first 30,000 words spoken in office by each president which was then ranked on the Flesch-Kincaid grade level scale.

The words used by Trump were run through a variety of other lexicological analyses but the results were the same every time with The Donald always coming last.

Trump was found to use the fewest 'unique words' (2,605) of any president. He also uses the fewest average syllables. Obama was the most fluent using 4,869.

By every metric and methodology tested, Donald Trump's vocabulary and grammatical structure is significantly more simple, and less diverse, than any President since Herbert Hoover, when measuring 'off-script' words, that is, words far less likely to have been written in advance for the speaker,' Factbase CEO Bill Frischling wrote.

'The gap between Trump and the next closest president ... is larger than any other gap using Flesch-Kincaid. Statistically speaking, there is a significant gap.'

Newsweek reports that further tests analyzing English-language difficulty levels found Trump averaged languished around mid-fourth grade - well below Truman who spoke at nearly a sixth-grade level.

Presidents Herbert Hoover and Jimmy Carter came top of the list speaking at an 11th-grade level.

President Barack Obama placed third with a confident ninth-grade level of communication.

President Clinton spoke at a highly-respectable ninth-grade level, while George W. Bush was at a seventh-grade grammar level.

But Mr Trump would likely argue that intellectually he would come well above fourth-grade.

On Saturday morning he tweeted that he was elected to the presidency 'on my first try.'

'I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!' He also tweeted: 'throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.'

Later, at Camp David later he told how he was 'a very excellent student' and 'came out and made billions and billions of dollars ... ran for president one time and won.'

Despite such a relatively poor performance linguistically-speaking, researchers in found that the way Mr Trump speaks mirrors the average conversation - which connected with supporters.

Trump's language style wooed many voters into supporting his campaign.

'Trump's speech is appealing to many because it contrasts with the rehearsed style of other candidates,' Georgetown University linguist Jennifer Sclafani told DailyMail.com in 2016.

'His conversational style contributes to his overall image as a political outsider and as an 'authentic' candidate.'

Trump graduated from Wharton School, has written many New York Times bestsellers and is said to be worth $4 billion.

'Looking at these facts, one would think he would use structured sentences and have a large vocabulary, but his sentences are fragmented and very simple when addressing the masses during debates and rallies.

'Fragmented sentences are actually quite natural and common in everyday speech, regardless of what language a person is speaking or other factors like the geographical origin, social class, or educational background of the speaker,' said Sclafani.

'People take notice of Trump's fragmented sentences because they are less common in formal public speeches, which are often first written and rehearsed or read from a teleprompter.'

'When Trump speaks in public in a more conversational style, like in a victory speech or in a debate, he appears to many as a more relatable because he speaks in the way we all do in everyday life,' she said.

How sad. Speaking at a 4th grade level is now considered relatable. Makes sense now that he won

In 2015 he was speaking at a 3rd grade level. So he actually improved by one grade. Way to go buddy!
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/donald-trump-talks-like-a-third-grader-121340

Maybe he should start plagiarizing a few bigger and fancier words.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
So this is what its come to?
Same here as everywhere I suppose.

That is the way they are manipulating us.

One thread "Trump is Great!!!!".
Another thread "Trump is Horrendous and he walk funny.

And thats pretty much the way it is all over the country. Black and/or White.
Either hate him or love him.
That's the way they played it from prior to Day 1 and thats what we'll get for the rest of his probable 1 term.

Meanwhile NOTHING changes for the better.

So this is what its come to?
Same here as everywhere I suppose.

That is the way they are manipulating us.

One thread "Trump is Great!!!!".
Another thread "Trump is Horrendous and he walk funny.

And thats pretty much the way it is all over the country. Black and/or White.
Either hate him or love him.
That's the way they played it from prior to Day 1 and thats what we'll get for the rest of his probable 1 term.

Meanwhile NOTHING changes for the better.

I'm not being manipulated. No puppet. No puppet

I know fourth graders who speak better than him...

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Obama could barely speak without a teleprompter.

Most politicians are prompted off screen and have most have everything written for them.

Jim Jefferies is only worth five million. How smart is he compared to Trump? :cool:

Media Lies Documentary

Who would have a scripted dialogue with lawmakers? One thing is certain, Trump is more gifted in a bipartisan meeting than Obama ever was. That said, Obama is a gifted orator when he is reading.

Also, Trump has irritated me a bit today, mister master negotiator announces he will sign any bill presented to him.

Dazzle us with your negotiating skills Donnie. I can’t take much more of that type of winning.

He seems like he is ready to cave on DACA. If he does, I will be off of the Trump train by Friday.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

ok thats good.
but we all gotta admit there is a huge reality show feel to all this.
and that is the medias intention. Make it a show, don't even try to hide it anymore. get everyone used to it and the bar just keeps getting lower.
Meanwhile 90% of us just gotta keep making due with less while 90% of them are either like "Trump, he's the man!" or "Trump, I hate that guy".
Just a very very dumbed down perception of things, keep in mind perception is a result of information.
Sad that is what our country has come to.

He did not use a slur against anyone. They made their countries shitholes, not us.
We are bringing in too many people from “ shithole” countries and they are not entitled to come here nor are their families from those shithole countries through bullshit chain migration.

They have no appreciation for our constitution or the rule of law and could give two shits about assimilating. Those that entered through Ellis Island immediately embraced American culture and strived to be Americans.

Gotta love the low information Obama base.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Vicious slurs against the illegals?

Texas student newspaper blasted over anti-white 'Your DNA is an abomination' column

Written by an illegal who needs to be deported.

Article

He did not use a slur against anyone. They made their countries shitholes, not us.
We are bringing in too many people from “ shithole” countries and they are not entitled to come here nor are their families from those shithole countries through bullshit chain migration.

They have no appreciation for our constitution or the rule of law and could give two shits about assimilating. Those that entered through Ellis Island immediately embraced American culture and strived to be Americans.

Gotta love the low information Obama base.

Turmp base is full of shit. Racist pigs!!

georges

Staff member

Are you sure about that? You like the liberal mainstream bashing him since the very beginning. So if you stand with liberal medias, I am sorry but you are definitely not objective at all. And most of the liberal medias are all former Obama muppets and shoe waxers in the clearest sense of the meaning :yesyes: