• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Do you wear a mask when going out in public during this pandemic?

Do you wear a mask when going out in public during this pandemic?

• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I don't get what the aversion is to wearing one. It doesn't need to be some fancy N95 or custom designer fashion choice. Most places that are mandating it are happy as long as you're covering your nose & mouth, so even a bandana is fine.

Countries where the public wear one are doing better than countries that are fighting against it.

The local governments in my area are finally starting to mandate wearing one when entering any business, and I saw no issues when I went shopping yesterday. No complaining, no hassles, no yelling "This is my right". But then I go shopping in the region next door (where it's not mandated), and still roughly 1/3 of people aren't wearing them.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Like it or not, it's a pandemic. This is the world right now. Historically, this was bound to happen again...and it will again in the future. Nobody listens to the doctors and health professionals. They are divided on many issues where COVID-19 is concerned, but they all agree on one issue: a mask will protect you and more importantly others. How much it protects us is one of those debatable issues I mentioned. But it does protect us...and it beats not wearing one, which many people do while using that lame-assed excuse that not wearing one is okay because they [health professionals] really don't know much about this disease. Hey...neither do you. So, not wearing one is okay in your professional opinion? If you are incapable of sacrificing for others, at least think of the possibility that you just might be helping yourself.

CrimsonBolt

I AM A SLUT FOR RYAN GOSLING
Man I get covid positive on March, I'll never been sick like that, I almost thought that I won't survive...

So the answer is YES, always. To me people who don't are complete fools.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I do. As some of you, becuse I peranently are around high risk patients, but also, because I myself are a bit of a risk patient.

And, it is a pandemic, it should be a no-brainer.

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
I assume anybody not wearing a mask is fine with dying so I think we should get to round them all up and dump them all on an island, Battle Royale style, and let them cough on each other until one is left standing. The dumb shits.

In places where I can't "socially distance" - yup, I purchased a couple of bandanas that I wear as face coverings.

YES but not when I'm outside only when I'm inside

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Definitely. It doesn't matter if it's a quick stop at a sibling's house to drop off some mail or a quick stop at Dollar General or shopping at Walmart or wherever. If I'm gonna be out of my household, out of my yard, I'm gonna be wearing a mask.

This past Saturday, knowing that today Monday Walmart would start mandating wearing masks, I decided to time how long it would take before I saw someone without a mask inside the store. It took only 57 seconds ... not even an entire minute before I saw a woman with her mask down on her NECK while she talked on her phone. :brick: 🤬 It then took only about 10 more seconds before I saw a girl with her mask below her nose.

The only reason I didn't see a shitload of more dumbasses is because I left as the lines as the cash registers were longer than what I was going to be able to tolerate.

Masks.

Don't get me wrong, I WILL be wearing one, as it's just something that I have to do. Fair enough. I'd prefer a date as to when I can stop wearing one, as that then places a solid definition of time for people to think about. On the other hand, it's a bit bloody LATE to make them compulsory. Very, very silly, but it is exactly what it is. Heck, it might also mean that being locked down did jack all and we might as well have just gone nutso and caught the damn virus.

I won't be wearing them when outside, only entering a store etc as defined and requested. I don't breath like a crazy person.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
As to a date when we can stop wearing masks? That just cannot be determined. As long as there isn't a vaccine, the Covid case numbers are just NOT likely going to solidly, significantly go down AND stabilize in a downward trend in a manner whereby we can unmistakably feel confidently, "YAY! We BEAT this thing! We can now safely eat OUT. We can now go to the movies. We can now go to a FULL club and enjoy some LIVE music and dance." Etc. All this sans masks.

I think it is safe to say that we're gonna be wearing masks the rest of THIS year.

Heck, even IF a reliable vaccine were to become available by say --- October, I for one wouldn't be able to just like a switch flip my frame of mind into, "Alright! We're now SAFE! Masks be gone!"

I take care of my elderly parents and my mom has diabetes --- the mother of all underlying conditions. :eek: I definitely cannot afford to let my guard down prematurely. On any given day I cannot afford to take shortcuts with the short list of Do's & Don'ts.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
I'm just waiting to see what's going to happen when the NFL attempts to get going.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they're going to make it anywhere remotely deep into even Training Camp by the time Covid breakouts start appearing and operations have to be shut down. Just way too many people involved in close confines between the 32 teams for disaster not to strike.

I could see Covid breakouts really affecting the outcome of teams' seasons and the eventual Super Bowl Champion. Just imagine Covid breakouts hitting groups of star athletes on various teams and smacking them with unexpected losses. We'll see.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Like it or not, it's a pandemic. This is the world right now. Historically, this was bound to happen again...and it will again in the future. Nobody listens to the doctors and health professionals. They are divided on many issues where COVID-19 is concerned, but they all agree on one issue: a mask will protect you and more importantly others. How much it protects us is one of those debatable issues I mentioned. But it does protect us...and it beats not wearing one, which many people do while using that lame-assed excuse that not wearing one is okay because they [health professionals] really don't know much about this disease. Hey...neither do you. So, not wearing one is okay in your professional opinion? If you are incapable of sacrificing for others, at least think of the possibility that you just might be helping yourself.
I learned my lesson regarding masks about 3 years ago. My dad and I had taken my mom to an urgent care for a bad cough. It was a very long wait. At some point, some woman with a horrendous cough sat right in front of us and kept coughing. Neither the coughing woman nor my dad & I were wearing masks. In hindsight, we should have left and gone outside. Stupidly ... we did not. Not surprisingly, my dad & I quickly wound up with the Flu. And my elderly dad actually in the hospital.

While there's no guarantee, I think IF coughing woman had been wearing a mask AND my dad & I as well, the likelihood of us getting the Flu would have really diminished if not outright have been neutralized. So now I make it a point to be prepared with masks when we go to medical clinics. (I mean before Covid even came around on the scene.) Cuz like you said, maildude, they do protect us and it beats not wearing one.

Last edited:
Chuck: I caught walking pneumonia on a flight from .. Frankfurt back to the States. Some guy RIGHT BEHIND ME was coughing on me the entire flight..

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I do. I don’t know anything about this virus so I figure play it safe while giving others less reason for concern. Looking forward to the day I can stop wearing one but that day is not today nor tomorrow.