• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Do You Eat the Heel in a Loaf of Bread?

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
yes or no?
bread-heel.jpg

yeah food is food

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
No, I've always just thrown that part out. I eat the heel on a fresh loaf of Italian bread though.

Yeah. I like making grilled cheese sandwiches with the 2 ends of a loaf.

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
I use them to make bread crumbs.. but I don't think I could actually eat them on like a sandwich.. I'm not a huge crust person to begin with..

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
Yeah. I like making grilled cheese sandwiches with the 2 ends of a loaf.

Really?? I'm curious now. Grilled cheese sammiches are my favorite - I wish I had one this very moment. :(

I don't usually eat the heel piece, but have been known to on occasion... when there's no other bread in the house. :facepalm:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Two bread heels make a good cheese sandwich.

Ways to Use Bread Heels
Never Waste Them Again

Bread heels are often passed over time and time again. Many people instinctively reach for the center of the loaf to reach the softest freshest slices of bread while leaving the heels behind, especially kids and adults not considering the waste. Bread heels are not nearly as soft as regular slices of bread, and they are somewhat crumbly, but some prefer the crusty ends. If you are continually finding the heels left behind in empty bread bags, consider the following ways to use them rather than throwing good food away. The heels are easy to use in a number of ways that will fool even the pickiest of people, and these ways to use them will greatly cut back on waste.

• Brown Sugar Solution
  • Homemade Croutons
  • Ready-Made Bread Crumbs
  • Use Heels for Inside-Out Grilled Sandwiches
  • Use them to Soften Hard Cookies
  • Garlic Bread Sticks for Dipping
  • Use them to Make Casserole Topping

Article

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
I like to cut a hole in the center and cook an egg in it, then flip it for a medium over. Good stuff.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Of course, I'm not going to waste that shit. Third world kids would kill their families for that heel.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I don't eat that much peanut butter. But when I do, I actually search for it. Only one though - the other piece has to be a regular slice. Hey, I had a weird childhood. Leave me alone.