• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Do you collect.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Re: The Collectors Thread

Hmmm...I should dig up the old baseball card collection. I'm sure it's in my parents attic. Never know what I might find that's worth something in there! Obviously I'm not actively collecting them so if I found something of value I sure as shit would sell it!!!

my most prized: 1984 cal ripken rookie card topps. i havent seen a backett in a while, but last i checked it was around 400? got a bonds rookie too, but its topps traded, which means its worth my sweat.
I traded away most of my older valuable cards for tons of up-and -comers in the late 90s. I once had an Ozzie Smith Topps rookie.(I forget the year) I made a great deal on that one in 1997. Traded it for about 30 Jim Thome cards (20 rookies, 40 Manny Ramirez cards (20 rookies) and a box of 400 Indians commons including Belle, Baerga, Lofton, Murray, Winfield, couple Sexson rookies etc. I was a real Indians fan back in grammar and high school, believe it or not, before I moved onto the Mets.

I traded away most of my older valuable cards for tons of up-and -comers in the late 90s. I once had an Ozzie Smith Topps rookie.(I forget the year) I made a great deal on that one in 1997. Traded it for about 40 Jim Thome cards (20rookies, 50 Manny Ramirez cards (20 rookies) and a box of 400 Indians commons including Belle, Baerga, Lofton, Murray, Winfield, couple Sexson rookies etc.
:rofl:

I was a real Indians fan back in grammar and high school, believe it or not, before I moved onto the Mets.
you just moved on? how do you just move on? one day youre a fan, and the next youre not? :dunno:

I am a philometrist/aerophilatelist. And my favorite bug is Stenopelmatus Fuscus!

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?

what's that?

I used to collect guitars, but that was getting too expensive. Used to collect baseball cards. DVD's. Doctor Who episodes. I have a nice collection of panties and stockings from glamor models. I have some rare stockings worn by Priya Rai, but autographed by Jada Liu. What I'll do with them, I do not know. Comic books. I want to get back to collection comic books.
Hmm, I think I'm forgetting some things.

I have helped my fiance with his Simpsons AND baseball card collections. Not that he'll admit to my help with the baseball cards, since most, if not all, of my cards are of former Brewers players...a decent amount autographed.

bigbadbrody

Banned
As a kid I collected NHL Hockey Cards, Pogs and Lego

The only thing that I have continued to collect into my adult years is License plates, I have quite a few interesting ones. One from the North West Territories that is in the shape of a Polar Bear.

I have most Canadian provinces and about 20 US States. One I actually took right off a car.

I have a Japanese, Mexican and Costa Rican one as well

I would never collect baseball cards now. I think the industry became ruined when people started collecting them because they were trying to get ones that would appreciate someday as an investment and not because they thought they were cool anymore. Of course the card makers went right along and milked it for all it was worth. I could say the almost the exact same thing about what happened to comic books. It turned me off to them.

I would never collect baseball cards now. I think the industry became ruined when people started collecting them because they were trying to get ones that would appreciate someday as an investment and not because they thought they were cool anymore. Of course the card makers went right along and milked it for all it was worth. I could say the almost the exact same thing about what happened to comic books. It turned me off to them.

yes! the same reason i stopped in the 90's. also too many insert cards. i remember donruss diamond kings were the first, and those were awesome. but then came along flair and fleer and floor and everyone else who did an insert card in every pack.

yes! the same reason i stopped in the 90's. also too many insert cards. i remember donruss diamond kings were the first, and those were awesome. but then came along flair and fleer and floor and everyone else who did an insert card in every pack.

I remember when kids got excited because they got the card of a superstar or their favorite player. Some of them carried them around because they liked them and didn't even care if the card got mangled. For a long time now it seems that the card manufactures might as well have released nothing but expensive packs of inserts and rookie cards because that's all most people seem to care about that still collect them. Then they wonder why interest died off dramatically with a lot of people.

I remember when kids got excited because they got the card of a superstar or their favorite player. Some of them carried them around because they liked them and didn't even care if the card got mangled. For a long time now it seems that the card manufactures might as well have released nothing but expensive packs of inserts and rookie cards because that's all most people seem to care about that still collect them. Then they wonder why interest died off dramatically with a lot of people.

not me. all i wanted was the complete roster of each team every year. i did never achieve that. :1orglaugh

not me. all i wanted was the complete roster of each team every year. i did never achieve that. :1orglaugh

I remember in recent years I think it was fleer launched a 40-man set which had over 1000 cards. The cards were not diecut or glossy or anything. They were relatively affordable too. That's one of the few modern sets I liked. Otherwise I'm with you guys. I haven't bought a pack of new cards for about 5 years. Too expensive. The inserts I agree are crazy. The only reason I still collect is to buy older cards and commons people are practically giving away on Ebay. It's fun to buy a box of 500 80s or 90s cards for like $5-10. You know you're gonna get mostly commons, but for the price it doesn't matter to me. Then you look through the cards and there will always be surprises. "Oh, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa etc. is a common to you? All the better for me!"

i once had a set of bowman. around 98, i was kicking myself. had rookies of salmon, mondesi, and delgado. others too, but now, im glad i sold it for 40 bucks. :)