• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Disciplining Kids

I was watching Supernanny and realized they all have one thing in common: No Spanking. The parents put them in the corner or in a chair and don't enforce their "timeout time". I hit my kids on their asses. Luckily I rarely have to because they know I will when pushed. Do you think timeouts cut it?

I think time-outs can work (sitting on the step of the stairs, say); I would never hit my kids. Just IMO.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
"TheGreatSatan" needs a new name. ;) :tongue:

If the children will not listen and refuse to act right then you have to spank them.

my mom had a hell of a backhand and i learned quickly what i needed to do to avoid it. Like with everything, there has to be balance- hitting should not be your first and definitely not your only response to a child misbehaving...but there were times where i know i deserved that backhand and have to wonder if i would have acted up more without that discipline???

I still remember when i was a child (i still am at heart thou), my dad would spank me and my mom would sit me on time out and the would pretty much alternate between spanking and time out.

In my opinion as much as spanking hurt I think time is the worse out of the two

When I was a child/toddler if I didn't straight up my grandma was the one I didn't want to get in trouble with; she had a stern voice and a fierce stare and meant what she said, so to me that goes farther than if she just got up and started spanking or time out.

Because of that I never had to be spanked. :D

I've seen my cousins get disciplined by her and she sometimes had them go outback to pick a switch (stick) to bring it in and get whipped by it. They would pick the thin, small ones thinking they would hurt less. They found out otherwise.

Some parents nowadays seem to want to be the friend rather the parent. They let the kids rule the household from the get go. I see someone's kid I know call his mother names and just talk back crudely, and she just says, "now what did I say about talking back? That isn't nice." Crap like that! I'm thinking, what!? Take that kid in the bathroom and have him bite down on a soap bar, that will teach him to talk dirty like that!

That bugs me, but I won't correct someone's child, not my place to do so. Especially when you consider the mother is in the room and letting it happen.

But foolishness is bound in the heart of a child and the rod of correction will get get rid of it :D

Just not a lot of correcting going on nowadays it seems.