• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Did Stanley Kubrick Fake The Moon Landings?

No.......

But:
New evidence has been uncovered that America really did fake the moon landings... erm, okay, well that's not exactly true. If you replace the words 'new evidence' with 'a crackpot theory' then you may not be too far from the truth.

A chap called Jay Weidner has thrown open an incredible theory on his website that director Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings for NASA and left clues about it in his horror classic, The Shining.

If you fancy replacing your brain with a cabbage for a moment then here's some of the highlights from Weidner's theory:

The hotel in the film represents America!
Weidner notes that the manager of the hotel has an eagle statue behind his desk at the beginning of the film - and the Lunar Lander of the Apollo 11 mission was called 'The Eagle'. He also adds - The Manager of the Overlook Hotel is wearing red, white and blue. Jack's wife Wendy (played by Shelly Duval) and his son Danny also wear red, white and blue for almost the entire first hour of the film. In this symbolic interpretation the Overlook Hotel is AMERICA

Rocket paintings on a wall
In the room where Jack Nicholson's typewriter sits is a wall with - a Native American artistic motif that looks suspiciously like a group of rockets about to be launched.

The kid's spaceship jumper (picture in article)
Okay, no need to call Columbo in on what Weidner reads into this. Here's what he says - Danny stands up, and the audience finally sees what the nature of the Project really is about: Danny is wearing a sweater with a crudely sewn rocket pictured on the front. It is, of course, the symbolic launching of Apollo 11. In other words - it isn't real.

The number 237
In the Stephen King book the number of the room Danny is compelled to enter was 217 but Kubrick changed it to 237. Weidner's reason? The average distance from the Earth to the Moon is 237,000 miles.

So there you go. What with its complete lack of long steadycam shots, booming classical score, and hordes of well placed extras we just can't see the landings being filmed by Kubrick. But have a look at Jay Weidner's complete article here and decide for yourself. The truth is out there (just probably not on the internet).

Article

http://www.jayweidner.com/ShiningSecrets4.html

It's fun to laugh at the delusional, isn't it? :1orglaugh

Blue: You have been hanging out with a certain someone on this board and he is rubbing off on you.

Whinny-Coo-lg.jpg

Blue: You have been hanging out with a certain someone on this board and he is rubbing off on you.

Well, that was bound to happen. :D

I thought the Kubrick involvement was already well-known. Uncovered a few years ago in the ground-breaking documentary The Dark Side of the Moon

http://video.google.de/videoplay?do...qOGzCA&q=dark+side+of+the+moon+kubrick&hl=de#

:1orglaugh I had never heard of this until now.

Now that I have and seen the first 3 minutes, I believe I shall need drugs ... lots of drugs to help me sit through this piece in it's entirety.

Lust

Lost at Birth
this is the perfect time to release my theory on how Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" reveals who killed Hoffa.

It's a little known fact, that 'Mary Poppins' has hidden meaning as to the whereabouts of Hitler (he isn't dead you know)

I can't go into too much detail here, cos' y'know 'they' might be watching.
But, if you contact me at 'loadofbollox@needtogetoutmore.com I'll fill in the details

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
And everyone knows that Weekend At Bernies is actually a tell-all about the failed assassination of JFK and his life after that in a beach house.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
It's fun to laugh at the delusional, isn't it? :1orglaugh

Y'know,I used to believe that the people saying that todays' marijuana is sooooo much stronger than it was when they grew up were just making excuses for their "Do as I say,not as I did" behavior,and were basically full of bullshit.

Now,I'm not so sure.

Wow......just wow.

biomech

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
I always thought it was Woody Allen.
Who knew?

Mauser98k

Closed Account
the Mythbusters already disproved even the most thought provoking hoax theories.

there's a group of mirrors on the moon we can bounce lazers off of, we went there.