• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Destiny - Worth the hype?

So the next big thing is Destiny, with its console bundles, TV spots, it's getting as much hype as the previous "big thing", Watch_dogs. Not saying WD was bad (I actually loved it) but it's hard to say if it lived up to the hype. Even now there's only been 1 new DLC (a digital trip - does that even count?), so its safe to say interest has really dropped off.

Do you guys think Destiny is going to be worth the hype?

Never follow the hype. Youll just be disappointed in the end if its not as good.

I played the beta for a bit. Its like a Halo MMO, gameplay felt very close to Halo.
Bungie has always been good with updates and additional content too.

I may finally buy a console this week since there is a few good deals going on now with 1 free game, Ill choose Destiny ofcoarse.

I was hyped for it when it was first announced but after watching gameplay clips I couldn't help but think "this looks like Halo, except I'd rather be playing Halo."

I'll definitely give it a look see though.

I'm not really a fan of Halo but I decided to try the Destiny beta on PS3. I liked it enough to put down a pre-order for the White PS4 Destiny bundle. Picking it up Tues. at midnight.

I was excited for it and then I played the beta. I'm no longer excited for it. It felt like Borderlands with a hub to see other players

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
I don't know about the hype, but a lot of people on my Friends List were telling me to try the Beta. But I'm still playing other games and have a ton sitting on my shelf that I haven't played yet.

As for Destiny, I'll wait and see how it looks.

So far,it's easily the best game of the year.

As for hype,who cares,as long as you are having fun,and it's the most fun I've had on the PS4 so far.

I agree with Angry Joe's review but overall, I like the game. To be honest, I haven't put the game down since it came out. Of course, it could also be that I only have Destiny and DC Universe Online for PS4 though.

I keep playing it too but I think its because there really isn't much else out right now.

So with the holiday season comes a bunch of new games... anything strike your fancy?

(BTW that review was both poignant and funny! - Maybe you can start posting your own video reviews? I bet they'd be popular!)

Lacey Black

Official Checked Star Member
So with the holiday season comes a bunch of new games... anything strike your fancy?

(BTW that review was both poignant and funny! - Maybe you can start posting your own video reviews? I bet they'd be popular!)

For this year I'm still looking forward to the Master Chief Collection, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Crew and Far Cry 4.

Yeah his reviews are the best, always hilarious and usually perfectly on point.

For this year I'm still looking forward to the Master Chief Collection, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Crew and Far Cry 4.

Yeah his reviews are the best, always hilarious and usually perfectly on point.

Love how you have a variety in the types of games! How about Assassin's Creed? I still love my PS3 so I'm looking forward to Rouge, it'd be nice to kill the Assassins for a change.

Have you considered talking to Angry Joe and saying you're interested in a review, or at least a cameo? I just can't picture him refusing an offer like that.

Lacey Black

Official Checked Star Member
Love how you have a variety in the types of games! How about Assassin's Creed? I still love my PS3 so I'm looking forward to Rouge, it'd be nice to kill the Assassins for a change.

Have you considered talking to Angry Joe and saying you're interested in a review, or at least a cameo? I just can't picture him refusing an offer like that.

I've never gotten into the Creed games after the first one even though I know they are a lot better now. And I never thought to approach him about it, I don't think his girlfriend would be too keen on it lol. Besides his reviews are doing just fine without me in them.

I've never gotten into the Creed games after the first one even though I know they are a lot better now. And I never thought to approach him about it, I don't think his girlfriend would be too keen on it lol. Besides his reviews are doing just fine without me in them.

That's too bad. I really hope you'll consider posting reviews, either here, on your official site or maybe even a youtube channel. I think seeing your gamer side really makes you relateable and connect to fans that sets you apart from other stars. After all, what gamer doesn't wish for a hot girl that loves games as much as he does? :)

Sold my copy after hitting lvl. 27...I know all games are repetitive to some extent, but Destiny wore out fast, like cheap bubble gum...really wanted to love it, but just OK. Shadows of Mordor and Skyrim have occupied my time nicely :D