• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

DC Reboot

Reboot

• I like it

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Heroes Take Flight, Again

When the latest issue of Justice League is released on Wednesday by DC Comics, it will be scrutinized like no other installment in the 76-year history of that publisher of superhero adventures.

Some readers may be drawn in by its cover depicting revised incarnations of Superman and Batman, or a story line that tells of a tense first meeting between these costumed characters before they became allies.

But DC is betting that more potential customers will be attracted by an insignia that boldly declares this to be issue No. 1 of Justice League; never mind the hundreds of chapters that came before it.

Starting on Wednesday, the publisher is resetting all 52 of its continuing series, including venerable titles like Action Comics and Detective Comics that introduced Superman and Batman in the 1930s, at issue No. 1, and using the opportunity to revise or jettison decades of continuity in the heroes’ fictional lives.

Within the DC universe, this new status quo is the result of efforts by the fleet-footed Flash to alter the course of history. But in the real world it is a last-ditch plan to counteract years of declining sales throughout the comics business.

The success or failure of this plan will have far-reaching implications: it could alienate longtime fans for the sake of new readers. And it could portend a more widespread exhaustion with film and television projects that are adapted from comic books and that are constantly starting over from scratch.

Article

I don't like it. :noway:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I've read the rebot of Aquaman and dare I say it... they made him badass.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I'll probably get lynched for this, but I thought comics were for kids?

There used to be a line. The main titles were all-ages and their were adult comics: Marvel had MAX, DC had Vertigo, and their were Independent comic publishers.

There should be all-age comics that are not adult and are not too watered down.

Aquaman has always been good.

What happens if you loose them? Can you download them again for free?

I want a physical copy.

You can't sell a digital comic. ;)

I don't sell any of mine anyway.

All purchases are on your account and you can download them.as many times as you want.

I'll probably get lynched for this, but I thought comics were for kids?

You know what the really sad part is, they were actually more intelligent and better done way back when they were targeted more for kids, as bad as that is. Not that is necessarily why they were better back then, but I think it made it so the comics didn't do stupid stunts over and over and forced the plots to be better made even if they suffered from being more simple.

For some reason both DC and Marvel try to make their product more stupid as time goes on. Someday all those aged fans they had that keep their ships afloat will go away or they will lose the goodwill of even those people and they will have nobody to replace them because they keep doing stupid things.