• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Cosmic ridiculousness?

Is there some truth to horoscopes/astrology?

• Of course.....it is written in the stars.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Maybe, how the fuck should I know?

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Carl Sagan was right.....astrology is bullshit!

Votes: 28 73.7%

• Total voters

youwanttoshagme

Closed Account
:cough: globalwarmingsactuallybeenscientificallydisproven :cough:

I think I'll agree to disagree with that.

Horoscopes depend on the time of day you read them.

Do your normal day, then read it. Then ask yourself if it was true. You'll probably think "yeah, a little bit of that general statement is true, but not much"

Read it, then do your normal day. Then ask yourself if it was true. You'll be more likely to think "yeah, some of that was true" but then again, because you've actually read it at the start of the day, you've actually been more likely to look for it in what would have been a normal day.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I guess the top climate scientist at Nasa and all the academys of science who all agree climate change is happening are brainwashed.Freeones surfers say so,it must be true!:1orglaugh

Climate Change isn't the same thing as Global Warming.

Climate Change has nothing to do with humans. Global Warming, supposedly does. The whole argument about Global Warming puts the blame solely on human beings and our actions...which is the part that has been scientifically disproven.

:2 cents:

Climate Change has nothing to do with humans. Global Warming, supposedly does. The whole argument about Global Warming puts the blame solely on human beings and our actions...which is the part that has been scientifically disproven.

Go to either the Nasa website or even Wikpedia if you trust them and key in Climate change.You will see it is the overwhelming opinion and this is one of the most researched subjects in the field of science that climate change(meaning warming due to all the Co2 man has introduced into the atmosphere) is happening and is mostly blamed on man and his activities.

Just to make it easy on ya I will post the Nasa link.
http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/global_warming_worldbook.html

I also had a thread few months ago on the testimony of the top climate scientist at Nasa in front of the congress.He said it was imperative to reduce Co2 emmisions or face climate calamitys on a scale we do not wish to think about within 20 years.
People can deny it and not beleive in global warming/climate change ,but there is no doubt where the scientific community is on the subject.I can post lots of links from scientists who overwhelmingly agree on this.Their is nothing comparable that people can post that denies it.Even oil compnies don't try or fund the nay sayers anymore.

José_3

Closed Account
I think we're going way off topic here, but I'll just say that it has been scientifically proven that Co2 is not a cause of global warming and is not a greenhouse gas, plus the troposphere is cooling.

I think we're going way off topic here, but I'll just say that it has been scientifically proven that Co2 is not a cause of global warming and is not a greenhouse gas, plus the troposphere is cooling.

Yes its off topic ,but I have to ask where the links are from scientists in the field that back that up?

José_3

Closed Account
I do my own searches, the links are there to be found if you really want them.

How can it be scientifically proven that A is not the cause of B if it is scientifically proven that B does not exist?

Sounds like the same scientists that have "proved" the earth is 12,000 years old.

You've been watching too much of the O'Reilly factor Chef.
The truth acording to the National Acedemy of Science and the EPA

Climate Change or Global Warming?
The term climate change is often used interchangeably with the term global warming, but according to the National Academy of Sciences, "the phrase 'climate change' is growing in preferred use to 'global warming' because it helps convey that there are [other] changes in addition to rising temperatures."

Climate change refers to any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). Climate change may result from:

natural factors, such as changes in the sun's intensity or slow changes in the Earth's orbit around the sun;
natural processes within the climate system (e.g. changes in ocean circulation);
human activities that change the atmosphere's composition (e.g. through burning fossil fuels) and the land surface (e.g. deforestation, reforestation, urbanization, desertification, etc.)
Global warming is an average increase in the temperature of the atmosphere near the Earth's surface and in the troposphere, which can contribute to changes in global climate patterns. Global warming can occur from a variety of causes, both natural and human induced. In common usage, "global warming" often refers to the warming that can occur as a result of increased emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities.

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/basicinfo.html

Even though it branched waaayyyy off topic (something I actually love to see happen), I want to say thanks to you all.......the numbers are overwhelmingly in favor of Bullshit.

Once again,:bowdown: Mr. Carl Sagan was spot on.

Was there ever any doubt?

I can make a daily astrology thread on FreeOnes - that could be funny :D

Of course, it will be done scientifically, eh!

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
(cough, cough)

Bullshit....

(cough, cough)

:dragging this thread, kicking and screaming, back on topic:

Sometimes my horoscope is dead on, and sometimes it's dead wrong.

Either way, I get a damn good laugh out of it.

Oh, and Chef? I *adore* Scorpio men. :lovecoupl

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Ahh astrology, the one true science.
I read my horoscope daily and plan my day around what it tells me.

I know for a fact that if I had not been doing this for so long that by now I would be dead.
Yep, I can thank astrology and the rock I carry in my pocket that keeps tigers away for keeping alive this long.