• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Cosmic ridiculousness?

Is there some truth to horoscopes/astrology?

• Of course.....it is written in the stars.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Maybe, how the fuck should I know?

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Carl Sagan was right.....astrology is bullshit!

Votes: 28 73.7%

• Total voters
OK, so I did do a search, and I found a few threads on horoscopes/astrology, but I didn't see one poll about it, and I am really curious as to what you all think and believe, or not believe as the case may be, about astrology and horoscopes.

Are they complete bullshit? Might there be something to them? I honestly don't really know, but I have heard things like every president has consulted one at some point or another.

Anyway, vote away.....really curious to see what the results are.

They're entertaining, but wrong...astrology charts have stayed the same over time while the Earth is constantly shifting, placing stars in different locations of the sky. So, technically right now, your sign would be the sign before the one you were born in, i.e. Virgo actually Leo, Libra actually Virgo, etc. It allegedly changes again in December of 2012.

Bullshit, Bullshit, BULLSHIT!

Now looking at my horescope for today - Im a Libra by the way :hatsoff: - it tells me:

The response you have been waiting a long time for is going to arrive today, and it will leave you feeling pretty darned delighted! As soon as you get the news, you need to find a way to share your happiness with the people who make you happiest! Plan something around food -- a small dinner party, potluck, or even a big table at a fancy restaurant would work, if everyone can afford it. Make sure you don't make people ante up too much to spend time with you.

Errr.........I'm on here at 1:10 pm, need I go on?

Spleen

Banned?
I don't believe in those daily horoscopes, but what I do believe in is the characteristics of star signs. For example I'm a gemini, and what they say about geminis fits me 100%. Could be coincidence, but I don't think so.

sure astrology is outdated and seems absurd today, it's not totally bullshit.

Because of it, it led to the creation of the fields of astronomy and meteorology.

Of course the rotation and alignment of the earth and the planets isn't going to effect your love life or your career. But understanding the change in seasons, in weather patterns, in larger cycles like droughts and flood years, these things are very much influential directly to people's lives still today when it comes to agriculture.

More importantly it gave us the ability to keep accurate chronological records. that is something that is entirely taken for granted today.

and probably most important of all it perpetrated the belief that the things that happen in the world are a result of ordered natural phenomenon that can be demonstrated, instead of chaotic results of magic and the spirits.

astrology was a fundamental part of the establishment of science as we know it today.

that's what I think about. but I voted option three just because I liked that you name-dropped carl sagan.

I don't believe in those daily horoscopes, but what I do believe in is the characteristics of star signs. For example I'm a gemini, and what they say about geminis fits me 100%. Could be coincidence, but I don't think so.

If anything, I suppose there could be something in the characteristics. If you’re a Libra, could there tend to be something in the DNA of people (your parents) who ten to procreate in February? Then over the course of generations, could some of those characteristics start to show in Libras? I suppose.

that's what I think about. but I voted option three just because I liked that you name-dropped carl sagan.

Sagan was the coolest. I don't remember exactly which episode it was of Cosmos, but he spent a good five minutes or so in the beginning just completely berating astrology. Thought it was pretty funny, and I was thinking about that when I made this poll!

R.I.P. Mr. Sagan.

Utter Cack... CACK !

If anything, I suppose there could be something in the characteristics. If you’re a Libra, could there tend to be something in the DNA of people (your parents) who ten to procreate in February? Then over the course of generations, could some of those characteristics start to show in Libras? I suppose.

As a fellow Libra I think it's more about weather conditions than anything else that lead to so many of us.Libra's born in Oct mostly were concieved mostly in January (winter time).Cold and shitty out many places,good time to make babies lol.:nanner:

Oh and I voted with Carl Sagan ,astrology is total shit.

José_3

Closed Account
For me, it's on a par with Al Gore's ideas on global warming, utter bullshit!

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Astrology and horoscopes are nothing more than a slightly tweeked forms of religion. They all serve the same purpose; to provide a sense of guidance that helps get you through the day.

This is my horoscope for today from the Chicago Tribune...

Scorpio: 6. Some of these lessons will have to be learned the hard way. Pretend you have less than you have to spend. Make a game of this. Oct. 23-Nov. 21

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/horoscopes/

Some of WHAT lessons? :dunno: And, why is it encouraging me to play games with my money?

What a bunch of poop.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
complete and utter bullshit. religiously, its actually a big no-no to get into astrology. the way those horoscopes are written can be applied to anyone at anytime.

I guess the top climate scientist at Nasa and all the academys of science who all agree climate change is happening are brainwashed.Freeones surfers say so,it must be true!:1orglaugh