• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Cop Does 70 in a 40 zone, No Lights, No Siren, Kills Kid, Gets 1 Day "Punishment"!

Pretty fuckin' pathetic notion of justice if you ask me - from Dallas, TX:

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2009/10/kill_a_kid_take_the_day_off.php

Excerpt:

A Dallas police officer who fatally struck a child last October received a one-day suspension during a disciplinary hearing this afternoon.

Senior Cpl. Michael Vaughn appeared before Assistant Chief Floyd Simpson, who oversees the city's seven patrol stations.

The punishment was for "for violating the emergency vehicle operations policy when he drove over the speed limit without activating the lights and sirens," police officials said.

:confused::mad::confused::confused::dunno:

jod0565

Member, you member...
Re: Cop Does 70 in a 40 zone, No Lights, No Siren, Kills Kid, Gets 1 Day "Punishment"

Shit! If we'd have done that, we'd be in prison for a log time!
And in PC because we killed a kid!
Fuck!

Re: Cop Does 70 in a 40 zone, No Lights, No Siren, Kills Kid, Gets 1 Day "Punishment"

I almost got hit by a police cruiser a couple weeks ago when walking. He had a red light, his lights weren't on, not paying attention and went well over the line. I stopped in time before he hit me. I thought, wow, anyone else would be having him on their ass in no time.

An off duty cop hit a my friends car while she was sitting it it parked outside where we worked. She hadn't even left the curb and he tried to pull into the empty space in front of her and slammed into her front left quarter.

He got on the phone, called his buddy on duty who showed up in a patrol car, and gave my friend a ticket. The off duty cop was probably drunk, and got away with it. Sometime before this, 8-9 cops from the same precinct were arrested for being drunk and disorderly in a NJ shore bar before being released.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a police car use it's turn signals? :dunno:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement

Disgusting. This cop is supposed to prevent these crimes. He is guilty of speeding, reckless driving, and murder of a kid. Are we supposed to believe that just because he is a cop it was an accident and therefore not against the law?

I know it is a horrible thing to wish, but everytime I hear stories of cops breaking the law and killing someone, only to get off with little punishment... I wish someone whould shoot them in the fucking head so they can get what they deserve.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a police car use it's turn signals? :dunno:

They never use them. It makes me wonder if they even work. It's funny that cops will break driving rules in order to pull people over to give them tickets for breaking the rules.:rolleyes: How fair is that?

I see a lot of cops writing traffic tickets these days. It's a little obnoxious that the economy has tanked and cops are out harassing people over traffic violations (usually inconsequential violations) in order to keep their operating budgets *flush*.

I'm starting to dislike cops.

Where's ChefChiTown??

That's his cue to come in and berate us for our cop-hating (or some similar terminology) and tell a story about a cop he knew who regularly gives free lollipops to disabled kids...

;)

Fucking terrible! Justice??!!!!

All cops are bad.

They never use them. It makes me wonder if they even work. It's funny that cops will break driving rules in order to pull people over to give them tickets for breaking the rules.:rolleyes: How fair is that?

I see a lot of cops writing traffic tickets these days. It's a little obnoxious that the economy has tanked and cops are out harassing people over traffic violations (usually inconsequential violations) in order to keep their operating budgets *flush*.

Actually that's one of my pet peeves. As lousy as people drive, there is little done to stop them. Where I live you can use a cell phone or text someone while driving. I think people should have learned the rules of the road and often sit at a light and think how much my prop. taxes could go down if cops pulled over the hundreds of people a day making turns at that intersection without using turn signals.

The agreement to get your license is you will follow the simple rules of the road, stopping at lights and signaling, and that should be done. It's dangerous and inconsiderate not to.

How many times have you waited at an intersection for a car approaching from the left to pass so you can pull out, just to find the car makes a right turn before he gets to you? If he signaled you would have been on your way. :dunno:

The "rolling stop" is the one thing I see which never goes punished. Cops also do it all the time too, btw.

Texting or talking on the cellphone at night does concern me, but not so much during the day.

Texting or talking on the cellphone at night does concern me, but not so much during the day.

You mean during the day when there's more traffic?

you proletarians should already know by now that cops are above the law not just in the rest of the world, but in the U.S. as well :)

Seems one rule us and another for them. It would be very hard to prosecute them as the would simply use the argument that they were responding to a call, and felt under the circumstances now lights or siren was necessary. Its a similar situation to trying to prove medical negligence (well in the UK anyhow)!

It's the same in the Netherlands. Not too long ago a florist in Amsterdam was robbed so the police was driving around in the neighbourhood looking for the robber. At the same time a man walked out his door to get something at a local store. The police saw him and he slightly fitted the desription of the robber so the police drove him into a wall with their car. They completely shattered his legs and he'll never be able to walk again. An eyewitness said that one of the cops sat down on his back while he was laying in agony on the pavement. The police came up with the excuse that he was running from them. What the hell did they expect him to do with a car driving straight at him?

Clearly 100% of the police shouldn't be police.

There isn't 1 good cop in the entire world.

If all this is true the people in Dallas and that grand Jury should be ashamed for letting this stand.

Can you imagine that was your kid? How bad would you want some justice which you haven't gotten?

I guess the parents can sue the cop and the city for negligence,hopefully they get huge award.That won't bring the kid back but at least it might make the city and cops focus on not letting this happen again.

All cops are bad.

Clearly 100% of the police shouldn't be police.

There isn't 1 good cop in the entire world.

What's your point???

You do know that straight-on sarcasm doesn't translate well to online forums, right?

And if you're serious, well then, you're just not very serious.

:confused::dunno:

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?

Pretty fuckin' pathetic notion of justice if you ask me - from Dallas, TX:

You need proof of how fucked up our justice system is? :rolleyes:

You need proof of how fucked up our justice system is? :rolleyes:

Yes, generally I draw conclusions based on the weight of evidence, the sum of which one could call "proof."

How do others draw conclusions? :dunno:

As for the overall state of our justice system, I'd say it's a mixed-bag - sometimes it functions very well - but I think police departments need some serious reform - overhaul, really - including more substantive civilian oversight and regulation.