• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Conflict in Pakistan

After recent Pakistani military operations in Pakistan's own Swat Valley to push out Taliban insurgents who had taken control of the region, its operations are now more focused on the Taliban strongholds in the South Waziristan region. Pakistani troops and Taliban militants have been locked in intense clashes recently in the tribal area which has killed more than 150 people. Relief workers say that more than 120,000 people have been displaced by the fighting. Insurgent responses to the increased military pressure have included numerous bombings and suicide attacks, killing and injuring scores across Pakistan in recent weeks. Just today a car bomb in a busy marketplace in Peshawar killed more than 93 people, as U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an official visit - announcing the latest in a series of U.S. aid packages to Pakistan. (36 photos total)
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/10/conflict_in_pakistan.html

I saw an interview on Charlie Rose with an american reporter held for 7 months till he escaped by the taliban in North (not south) Waziristan where they are pretty much in total control.He said that will be the real test of how much the pakistan internal security forces are in league with the taliban,we will see if they are going to go into that northern area to oppose the taliban.

He also had a lot of other interesting insights on the taliban which were some are much more extreme then others and are not a monolith.Guess the US military must beleive that as well as I saw a story today that we are going to offer to pay some to be on our side.

Its all kicking off big style, and I bet a large part of that might be due to the fact that the Anti-christ has chosen to visit the region. I bet the Taliban cant believe their luck (sorry I mean eyes) that she has decided to visit which she has for a long time been threatening to do if those naughty Taliban boys didnt behave and play nice! remember to roll out the bomb laden red carpet lads old Hillies heading your way!

There was a story on today that Pakistani's dislike the US and believe all the current trouble is the result of US involvement in their business.

This is a theme heard in many other places as well. That Captain who just resigned said as much, that the current trouble was a protest of US involvement and occupation and not due to dissident activity per se. It's also the point of many books on the subject of the current middle east situation, most notably Fiasco by Thomas Hicks. If the US was out minding it's own business this wouldn't be occuring, but that's also the theme of reaction to US politics all over the world the past century.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Ways to victory? Annihilation or acceptance. Then the question comes of whose victory it was.