• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

It's good for the 360, but I hate that "insufficient command points" thing when there are too many tanks or whatnot on the map at any one point.

Namreg

Banned
It's good for the 360, but I hate that "insufficient command points" thing when there are too many tanks or whatnot on the map at any one point.

the 360 has maybe not enough RAM to handle more than a certain number of units? 512MB shared between CPU and graphics... for what it's worth though, on the PC things do slow down during larger battles (when you are playing an 8-player match and everyone has huge numbers of venoms/mammoths) due to lag.

it's too bad 360/PC users cannot play against each other.

Problem is though, the XBox 360 version can't even handle 8 players on a map at once.

Max is 4. If there were 8 players all going at once, each person might have an army of 35 tanks. There should have been something done - maybe in the graphics department - to allow more to be built at any one time.

As far as PC vs XBox360 - PC would always win. Mouse + Keyboard > Controller.
I think it was made well for the 360 as far as controls go, but you can do so much more so much faster on the PC. It wouldn't be fair.

Problem is though, the XBox 360 version can't even handle 8 players on a map at once.

Max is 4. If there were 8 players all going at once, each person might have an army of 35 tanks. There should have been something done - maybe in the graphics department - to allow more to be built at any one time.

As far as PC vs XBox360 - PC would always win. Mouse + Keyboard > Controller.
I think it was made well for the 360 as far as controls go, but you can do so much more so much faster on the PC. It wouldn't be fair.

Definitely . I have tried both versions of the game and it's not possible to go as fast as a mouse and keyboard configuration with the controller .

I'm still playing it online religiously!

I got this awesome strategy as Nod that works...-most- of the time.

Build a power plant, then send the MCV over to the other person's base.
Deploy it and build a Hand of Nod + Shredder Turret.
Train a Saboteur and go for that construction yard!!!

Great as a rush tactic. And it works the best on smaller maps.

I usually hang out in the n00bs Only channel, but occasionally I'm in the Comp Stomp or Custom Mod Maps channels as well. Otherwise I play a lot of the auto-matches.
If you see someone named "Wisconsin" send me a message. I'd love to get more games going. Just tell me you met me here at freeones or I'll most likely block you.

Namreg

Banned
i also play NOD :)

a tactic that i found works great (and pisses off your opponent) is to build the following:

crane
2 refineries
2 powerplants
1 war factory & one command center

you then build 3-4 flametanks. you drive them near the enemy base and cloak them in the stealth field (which costs 3000 but it's worth it). you then drive the cloaked flame tanks into his base, taking out his crane and any tech buildings he has. flame tanks work better against buildings than even mammoths, but they have weak armor so they must be cloaked when you do this.
at the same time you continue building buggies and scorpions, and send them in to finish him off once your flame tanks have been destroyed.

i have yet to find a working defense against the stupid GDI pitbull rush, though.