• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Celebrity Big Brother in Trouble

everyone does that or used to. some people are just lucky enough to live in a country where citizens are allowed to get together and voice thier opinions, to yell and say so if they are pissed off about something, and not have to worry about storm troopers shooting them down. or maybe they do it anyway, and get called terrorists by the one's that are hauling them off.

what r u guys discussing about? All those things are shit.. simply for the sake of money... We all know it!!

The most amusing thing for me is the fact that in India they are burning the stick men who are meant to be the producers of the show... If it was the other way round, and a british contestant went over to india and recieved abuse, would any brits burn images of their shows producers?... I think not (just an example of their extremely different culture)

I hope this doesn't spark any angry terrorist actions. (I some how always knew Jade Goody would be the cause of my death...)

How offended am I by this? Lets start at furious and work from there, k?!

In India, in protest, the burning of "replicas" is a sign of protest not anything else. It is very common, it is like a public shaming in the eyes of the people. It was offensive to the people there to see the treatment of one of their more popular movie stars. Personally, I wasn't a fan by any regards but that is other people's choice to make.

SECONDLY, you just suggested that there was going to be a terroist action based on what?! India's huge history of terroist actions?! India is the world's largest democracy, in function it is not much different than any other federal state that exists. You simply assumed because they were what? Brown? Ethnic? that a protest was going to spill over to terrorism? Could you possibly be so ignorant to suggest that a simple tv show would move a country or some faction group into attacking another country? What could you possibly be suggesting?

I'd really like to hear this one.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
What i saw on the news was more than people protesting, according to what the translator said, they actually wanted to kill people over it.

How is that not terrorizing?

I just call it as i see it.

The thing thats really annoying is that Jade Goody now seems to have started some PR offensive to try and make people like her again (if they ever did) and it'll probably work. She was in the News of the World Today 'owning up to everything', saying how she needs help, etc, when all shes trying to do is save face and come out on top.

Doubt they actually said kill, either the translator mistook "marr" for killing instead of the context of beating in which they were probably chanting it or you're lying.

Basically, either way, its an issue of ignorance. Protesting in such a manner is probably one of the most common form of public views in the country. From local issues to larger issues. I've personally seen a couple of them, one in which they marched a "stick-man" to the persons house and burnt it infront of his house. That guy was right there and they didn't kill him, its just how they protest.

Doubt they actually said kill, either the translator mistook "marr" for killing instead of the context of beating in which they were probably chanting it or you're lying.

Basically, either way, its an issue of ignorance. Protesting in such a manner is probably one of the most common form of public views in the country. From local issues to larger issues. I've personally seen a couple of them, one in which they marched a "stick-man" to the persons house and burnt it infront of his house. That guy was right there and they didn't kill him, its just how they protest.

Maybe it isn't as bad as people are making it sound. That could very well be the case since I am not an expert on their culture. However the second part you described seemed like something that could very well be considered intimidation on their part at the very least, at least if they do it in front of a person's house. I know that if somebody pissed me off and I made a doll of them and hung it by a noose from my tree or burned it or some other such action it might very well be taken as a threat against that person. People from the Middle East and Asia bitch and moan all the time about how the Western world views them in a bad light, yet they don't consider things like this or some of the other things they do. It's a two way street. You have to look at your own actions along with trying to get the rest of the world to understand you and complaining about somebody else’s actions. It isn't just about them, I think that applies to us also.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
IMO no amount of crocodile tears from Jade Goody will undo the fact that she's at best a nasty piece of work (and I'm being really restrained about my feelings towards this woman)....but Jade's gob is also convenient cover for others to hide behind.

Endemol (the producer of Big Brother), Channel 4 (can this be the same TV channel that used to show "Reggae Sunsplash"? How times change) and Jade's partners-in-crime Danielle Lloyd & Jo O'Mera deserve flak as well.

PS: Memo to the Mayor of London ("Red" Ken Livingstone), who was "delighted" at Jade's evicton. Your sincerity would be a lot more convincing if it wasn't for the fact that you've previously made remarks to a Jewish journalist, likening him to a Nazi concentration camp guard.
But one often finds hypocrisy and racism hand-in-hand......:2 cents:

Oh pardon India for having a reason to dislike Western culture ... outsourcing of jobs and services to India by cost-cutting western businesses is really hurting them ... oh wait. The ill-will and resentment during the British occupation is a bitter moment in time but its hardly looked back at on a regular basis. Bottom line is that it helped introduce a democratic system in India which is vividly popular.

But, lets say something on the topic shall we? Shetty won.

Oh pardon India for having a reason to dislike Western culture ... outsourcing of jobs and services to India by cost-cutting western businesses is really hurting them ... oh wait. The ill-will and resentment during the British occupation is a bitter moment in time but its hardly looked back at on a regular basis. Bottom line is that it helped introduce a democratic system in India which is vividly popular.

But, lets say something on the topic shall we? Shetty won.

OK Slam, lets get back a few thousand years. Did you know the king in ancient Indian continent used to be elected? There is a book called "MAHABHARATA". If you are able to get hold of it by chance, please read it. Democracy was not exported to India.
dd

I'm aware of it, universal suffrage was not always in India. Who elected that king? It was people of certain social classes and regions. Democracy as it is known in a modern sense encompasses a voice for everyone not the chosen.