• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Capitalism

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
We're not the manufacturing giant anymore because of republican greed. The almighty pursuit of more profit. It's cheaper to outsource because labor in other parts of the world is tantamount to slavery. Unions kicked that shit out of the United States, and there's a growing international trend for those things called human rights that's going to end slave labor in other places eventually. Yes, how proud we should be as Americans to enjoy the slave labor of foreigners instead of making shit our damned selves.

The US is clearly a manufacturing giant. Try taking the manufacturing out of the US economy or take US manufacturing production out of the world market and play that scenario out.

I get it. You're upset that we may not be the biggest manufacturing kid on the block in the way you want to define it.
I understand the argument - Conservatives and business drove us to this point and the Unions are focused protecting the rights of the workers.

Understood. I don't agree with the limited thinking of the statement and I think it goes beyond politics.

You hit on some very good points on human rights and slave labor. I've seen some of the manufacturing facilities in China and there are many that are as quality and safety focused as the ones in the US, but they don't have the laws to ensure that. Also, that is in a manufacturing giant, there are other countries that are just struggling to compete and absorb the risk.

xfire

The US is clearly a manufacturing giant. Try taking the manufacturing out of the US economy or take US manufacturing production out of the world market and play that scenario out.

I get it. You're upset that we may not be the biggest manufacturing kid on the block in the way you want to define it.
I understand the argument - Conservatives and business drove us to this point and the Unions are focused protecting the rights of the workers.

Understood. I don't agree with the limited thinking of the statement and I think it goes beyond politics.

You hit on some very good points on human rights and slave labor. I've seen some of the manufacturing facilities in China and there are many that are as quality and safety focused as the ones in the US, but they don't have the laws to ensure that. Also, that is in a manufacturing giant, there are other countries that are just struggling to compete and absorb the risk.

That's a good point, mike, the U.S. is still a manufacturing giant. I was a bit hasty to make a different point but that's something that shouldn't be minimized. We have the tax base, we just don't have the courage to tell the neo-cons to go fuck themselves.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Will E. Worm's post with the articles tells the truth. :yesyes:

:yesyes:

If not capitalism, what? Nothing even comes close to it, its easy to bitch about till you consider the alternatives.[NOBABE][/NOBABE]

Capitalism. It is good enough to keep Micheal Moore fed. :1orglaugh

Which form of Capitalism?

The type that keeps its checks and balances in order, no monopolies, not letting the companies dictate anything, Not letting an oligarchy form. Also, making sure the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are in full effect.

A woman asked Benjamin Franklin what type of government the Constitution was bringing into existence. Franklin replied, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

A Constitutional Republic, not a "Democracy".

I meant a loan of money capitalism.

USA, Greece and Ireland are living on borrowed money.

In my view capitalism has ruined those countries.

The people running things have ruined it.

We're not the manufacturing giant anymore because of republican greed. The almighty pursuit of more profit. It's cheaper to outsource because labor in other parts of the world is tantamount to slavery. Unions kicked that shit out of the United States, and there's a growing international trend for those things called human rights that's going to end slave labor in other places eventually. Yes, how proud we should be as Americans to enjoy the slave labor of foreigners instead of making shit our damned selves.

You want a product cheap then it gets outsourced. You want it made here? Then you pay more at checkout. Nobody is willing to do that.

"The almighty pursuit of more profit".......that's business dude.

Unions kicked themselves out of jobs.

"Republican greed"..... er,....no dude.

I like how you ignore the issue of slave labor. Dude.

You don't like it then buy something else. Still don't like it? Then convince a company to pay more for labor by moving here and have you pay more for the final product. That company is "exploiting" cheap labor for the consumer...........................................YOU.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Imperialism, the highest form of Capitalism.

:thumbsup:

That's a good point, mike, the U.S. is still a manufacturing giant. I was a bit hasty to make a different point but that's something that shouldn't be minimized. We have the tax base, we just don't have the courage to tell the neo-cons to go fuck themselves.

lol, basically. I'm not sure if the NeoConservative politicians or voters are the ones that are misled.

Greed. Thanks for playing.

That's business get over it. You whine and whine about company making profits which benefit the consumer..................and you get pissed. Nice way to shoot yourself in the foot. :1orglaugh

xfire

That's business get over it. You whine and whine about company making profits which benefit the consumer..................and you get pissed. Nice way to shoot yourself in the foot.

No, that's not business, that's greed. There was a time in this country when profit didn't have to be obscene.

No, that's not business, that's greed. There was a time in this country when profit didn't have to be obscene.

That right there is fucking bullshit.

Ever hear of the:

Rockefeller's?
DuPont family?
The Kennedy's?
The Vanderbilt's?
Ford?
Chrysler?
Chevrolet?
Howard Hughes?
Augustus Busch?
Adolf Coors?
etc., etc.

They surely didn't get rich by giving their money and products away. They all had obligations to ensure the company made a profit for the share holders. Whether it was 1889 or 2012. Companies don't stay in business if they don't make a profit.

And who the fuck are you to tell a business owner what is obscene concerning his profits? He invested his life and his money to start the company.

Ever shop at Wal*Mart? Sears? Montgomery Wards?

Who ya gonna attack next... The owner of the professional sports teams?

I say more power to them!

xfire

I haven't suggested companies give their products away. And, if you read back, you magnificent buffoon, you will see where I've extolled the virtues of capitalism. I go back to what I've been saying, raise taxes on the rich, and raise taxes on corporations. They could all bring jobs back to these shores but they refuse to because they're ate up with greed.

Tax and spend, mostly the fault of Democrats. Following a balanced budget would be a good idea.

Tax and spend, abuse of social programs, wars, misuse of funds, secret projects, aid and pay offs to foreign countries, many things.

Funny how we have revisionist history. You know there was a Republican in the White House during 2001-2008 right? Clinton left Bush with a trillion dollar surplus. Bush didn't pay for two wars, passed massive tax cuts, passed prescription drugs act(also not payed for). You're entitled to you're own opinion, but not your own facts.

24editorial_graph2-popup.gif

Then you're talking about human nature. Good luck trying change that.

Mayhem

Banned

Most of the time, I like where your head is at, mah dood. But this is where you go off the rails. Let's not get toooooo carried away. A little carried away...fine. I'm just sayin'.....not toooooo carried away. :nono:

Facetious

Moderated
I guess it belongs to the capitalist system.

But sad thing that America has sunk to such a situation.

Who dares to lend money to a country which is unable to pay its debts?
You're absolutely correct, who dares?

Today's form of capitalism as practiced is much different than the capitalism of yesterday. Think about it, we (America as an economic power in the world) have very little to offer in the form of finished goods, how can you possibly be enjoying the benefits of capitalism when your nation no longer produces finished goods?!! You can't!
Even worse, the few manufactured goods we do produce in America are largely assembled with foreign manufactured components by the cheap unskilled labor handiwork of dually citizenship entitled foreign workers who send much of their hard earned money back to the country for which they hold greatest loyalty. :facepalm:

The truth of the matter is, the capitalism (as a form of economics practiced in America today) has morphed into a system that our grandfathers would not recognize, the whole scheme is a disaster in the making... and if you think it's occurring by happenstance, I got 4 blocks in Manhattan for sale... a million each obo. The true superpowers of the future are going through industrial revolutions at the moment, it will be interesting to see how things play out down the road... China, India, Korea and a handful of others.... I hope it all works out for the best! :shy:

Yep ....things change in this world and capitalism is no exception. We're now a consuming debtor nation, not a producing nation. Not good.... at all!