• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

British Cop Hits 16-yr old Girl at 90mph - at Night, with No Flashing Lights or Siren

Re: British Cop Hits 16-yr old Girl at 90mph - at Night, with No Flashing Lights or S

All cops are bastards!!!

Ultrà modus vivendi...:glugglug:

Re: British Cop Hits 16-yr old Girl at 90mph - at Night, with No Flashing Lights or S

Obviously, the cop's reaction and action were way disproportioned in regards to the actual situation.
In my opinion, he is guilty at least of involuntary manslaughter. A police car has sirens etc. to allow it to exceed the speed limit or other traffic rules.

The privileges of sitting in a police car are misused often enough. For example, last friday, I was sitting in my car at an intersection waiting for the green light, when suddenly a police officer obviously didn't feel like waiting for green any longer, turned on his blue lights, drove over the red light, turned his blue light off again and continued cruising on at low speed.
But when a cop doesn't even turn on the sirens or any other alarm signals at night in a densly populated area and than hits someone while suddenly accelerating to more than triple the allowed speed...well, a line has to be drawn somewhere and this cop definitely crossed it.

ok, most cops r bastards

It's sad when things like this happen, and many good cops get branded because of it. This could all come down to the complacency of the individual cop, possibly did not asses the situation fully and overreacted to the emergency of the potential offending car.

But i can't help to think that the girl did step out into the road aswell, as much i know as it is the police officers fault that there was no flashing lights or siren at the time, when your going to step out into the road your supposed to pay alot of attention to whats happening on that road it should of been possible to see the car moving at such a speed, or even hear it coming towards you as they really aren't the quitest of all cars.

seems a case of wrong place wrong time and very saddening to see.

I was out testing my walkie talkies [eight kilometer range they said on the box] I bought with a pal one time [less than a month ago]. And I was walking along the road that leads to the local Loch [live in Scotland you see] and this woman [she was a honey] pulls up in her car and asks us if we saw a police van passing us at any point. I said yes it was about ten minutes or so ago it flew passed us doing about fifty [and the road isn't that wide as only one car can be on the loch road at a time. This is why there are passing places at the side every so often along the road. Anyway, I went on to say that as it sped passed us it had no siren or even lights flashing. So the woman in the car said it should have had the lights on at least, and she then told us that that very same police van, mere minutes before it passed me and my pal, it nearly run off the road a small mini bus full if school kids out on a day trip to the Loch. The filth [aka the police] are damn good at this shit. They think they are above the law, the cunts only fucking work for the law, they are not above it. I said to the woman that if we nearly caused any sort of crash never mind a bus full of kids crash, we'd probably be arrested on the spot. TWO PIGS in the county I live in have been taken to court over their actions, one of them got a jail sentence of six months, and the other in a completely different incident well no more details have been released yet as to what is happening to the fascist scums actions just yet. But he has been caught for abusive force, ect. FUCK THE PO-LEESE.

Facetious

Moderated

That Fuckin Bobby ! How dare he run over a teen traveling 9o MPH !

All COMMUNISTS HATE All Cops. :D
Adding to the marxists' insanity, they want to disarm the citizenry ! No thanks, I'd rather live in a world where human beings can get out of line every now and then instead of all of the time ! Seriously, would you like some subjugation to go with those eggs ?

Ban cars!! People don't kill people, cars do :rolleyes:

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS

I wish I could read more of this story. There's a lot of information that would be needed before people start bashing this officer.

What time of night was it?
Was the girl in a crosswalk?
Was she jaywalking?
What is Britain's law regarding the usage of lights and sirens while speeding?

All I can see from what the article says is that the officer hit a 16 year old girl while speeding, in order to catch up to a criminal suspect. That's not nearly enough to go on, you know?

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.

It's a real shame for the kid and her familly.Even more so that they got
to see the whole thing through a CCTV video.

If the cop has a brain he'll regret it for the rest of his life.Personally I
think he should get sacked and get put away for a few years.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

Mr Dougal was on patrol in the 30mph zone when his vehicle's automatic number plate recognition system alerted him to a passing car - indicating it could potentially be linked to a crime.

Talk about big brother. :rolleyes:

I say he is making all that up. Any intelligent person knows if an officer is on a pursuit they have their lights and siren on.

He was negligent in his public servant duties, he was in a police cruiser, he knew his duty and he killed someone. Send him to the electric chair.

Case closed. :hammer:

Talk about big brother. :rolleyes:

I say he is making all that up. Any intelligent person knows if an officer is on a pursuit they have their lights and siren on.

He was negligent in his public servant duties, he was in a police cruiser, he knew his duty and he killed someone. Send him to the electric chair.

Case closed. :hammer:

If his ALPR system did alert him, it's very easy to prove as the alerts are stored in the system and provide GPS data.

And this system is Big Brother...gone are the days where cops need to type you license plate information into their computers....They merely have to drive by and the system checks every license plate their cruiser passes...every one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0l3BdGzTU

This article talks about the guy who the cop was chasing testifying to his (and his family's) seeing Adamson getting nailed by the police car. It's not 100% clear, but it doesn't say anything about the guy getting busted for having a stolen car or being charged with any offense at all:
http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-...ley-adamson-crash-death-scene-72703-23288094/

Excerpt:
The prosecution allege the traffic officer had accelerated to more than 90mph seconds before he hit the teenager on Denton Road, in the West End of Newcastle.

He was attempting to catch up with a Renault Megane car that had activated his patrol car’s automatic number plate recognition system.

Through an interpreter Mr Galambos told jurors how he was the driver of the Megane, which he had bought a month earlier in Gateshead.

He was returning home at around 11pm from a shopping trip to Asda with his 14-month-old son, his girlfriend, her sister and his nephew, when he saw Hayley on Denton Road.

Mr Galambos said as he drove past the schoolgirl, who was wearing white clothes, he said he saw she was walking slightly ahead of her two friends.

"I looked into the mirror and saw the girl in white clothes cross the road. She was just walking. She crossed the road normally," Mr Galambos told jurors.

"The next thing I saw were lights from another car which was coming up really fast.

"I saw the car hit something, the girl in the white clothes, and I heard the boy and the girl screaming.

"She was flung in the air. I didn’t know if it was the girl. I thought it was a jumper or something, I thought it was her jumper.

"After I had a better look I saw the girl.

"I hit the brakes because the girls were screaming, the girls in my car. I got out of the car.

"I just went to help, to see what had happened."

Mr Galambos, who said he was driving at around 30mph, confirmed that Pc Dougal’s patrol car did not have its blue lights on or siren."

==

From what I've seen, the following seems clear enough. He was travelling somewhere between 68mph and 100mph in a 30mph zone (I'd bet it was close to the upper end of that range, but even 68 is well more than double the limit there). Neither this officer, nor the officer in the car behind him opted to use their flashing lights or siren. The officer charged only had his dim lights on. The girl was wearing white clothes. The guy being pursued apparently was of little to no significance. The officers were not responding to an emergency call, but to an in-car system that IDs cars connected to minor violations such as expired plates and such. Also, apparently, after the incident happened some of the local kids tossed some bricks at cop cars, and one of the dead girl's friends ended up getting...... take a guess... tasered. Of course.

To Protect and To Serve (although maybe the Brits don't use that as their all-purpose police marketing slogan, I don't know...).

Here's another article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lled-girl-16-driving-100mph-lights-siren.html

from it:
"Police officers driving in marked patrol cars are instructed to use their sirens and flashing lights when responding to a 999 call or attempting to pull over a motorist."

Blog article (with pic - it doesn't make things any better that this girl was far from ugly! Ok, sorry, sorry, sorry!!!):
http://policestatebritain.blogspot.com/2008/09/police-charged-over-hayley-adamson.html

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.

Mr Dougal was on patrol in the 30mph zone when his vehicle's automatic number plate recognition system alerted him to a passing car - indicating it could potentially be linked to a crime.

Any intelligent person knows if an officer is on a pursuit they have their lights and siren on.

I'm not condemning or defending the officer,and I'm not sure what the law is in this case either,but around here there's what's known as a "silent approach" in police parlance.It's exactly what the phrase implies:Officers responding get to the location as quickly-and quietly- as possible.

I also know for a FACT that those systems exist,I've been stopped because of one.

He was attempting to catch up with a Renault Megane car that had activated his patrol car’s automatic number plate recognition system.

Sounds like that was a heel of an alarm,I can't help but wonder what it was for.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?

he hit her at 90 mph? :eek: I bet that was messy!

Is it just me or does the words "Attempting to catch up" mean he would have had to gone at a substantial speed to approach the car, especially if there is a potential that if this car is an offender it could possibly drive off and create a larger danger to the public if the officer cannot detain him straight away. if he were to stick to the limit the car could have got away and he would not be able to follow protocol as an officer.

I'm not condemning or defending the officer,and I'm not sure what the law is in this case either,but around here there's what's known as a "silent approach" in police parlance.It's exactly what the phrase implies:Officers responding get to the location as quickly-and quietly- as possible.

...and civilians should just hope that they never happen to be between the officer driving and the suspect (again, see what I quoted above - sounds like the "suspect" turned out to be nobody of significance - as in guilty of little or nothing)??? Seems pretty obvious that even if this girl WAS in a crosswalk, she wouldn't have stood a chance. Article mentions a witness describing the officer cresting a hill before hitting the girl.

Is it just me or does the words "Attempting to catch up" mean he would have had to gone at a substantial speed to approach the car, especially if there is a potential that if this car is an offender it could possibly drive off and create a larger danger to the public if the officer cannot detain him straight away. if he were to stick to the limit the car could have got away and he would not be able to follow protocol as an officer.

No, it's not just you. Of course the officer would have had to drive fast to catch up with the suspect if there was much distance between them, but that's not the point. The point is that he was in a marked car and he didn't use his siren or flashing lights, and didn't drive with caution. According to the one article, Northumbria "Police officers driving in marked patrol cars are instructed to use their sirens and flashing lights when responding to a 999 call or attempting to pull over a motorist." So he had already clearly chosen to not "follow protocol as an officer." He wasn't chasing the guy on a closed racing circuit away from the public. He was chasing the guy on residential streets at night, with only his dim headlights on. The goal is not to catch a suspect with no consideration for the safety of the public, the goal is to catch a suspect with minimal compromise to public safety. As we can see, the suspect turned out to be of no significance (actually testified as a witness for the prosecution, was not a defendant), esp. compared to the danger to the public posed by the officer himself, in this case.<P>

Do people even read beyond the headlines? Sometimes I wonder.

From what your saying, Police Officers shouldn't try to approach and investigate a car which was earlier flagged as a potential offender, the fact whether the driver was or was not in breach of the law has no relevance to this. The officer did his job on trying to investigate a potential crime and unfortunatly a person got caught up in it. Unfortunatly mistakes happen and the police officer didn't mean it to happen, he saw it appropriate to take the silent approach to the suspected car, do we know if the officer was trying to get any further information whilst in pursuit?

Unfortunatly officers can be complacent at times in the execution of their duty but these a people like the rest of us who spend there days in dangerous situations for the benefit of us.

From the sounds of the article like i said before it sounds as if the girl stepped out without due care, yes there may have been a hill obstructing the officers view of up coming road, thats where he might be complacent as he may have though to himself noone would cross at a place so dangerous.

He made a mistake and took a life, that will stick with him forever, we can debate the facts of this over and over but we wern't there and can't say exactly what happened especially as it's reported by the media. But all i can say is that the officer tried to do his duty, and some point throughout his career there will more than likely be a mistake and it is just unfortunate that this time it was a young girl.

...and civilians should just hope that they never happen to be between the officer driving and the suspect.

Without some level of risks it would be hard for the police to work efficiently, we can't always say that the Police are 100% responsible for us, we need some form of foresight and awareness in everyday life to help aid the police and ourselves. They aren't just an arm of the law they're people, just like you and me who have taken on a difficut job and get alot of abuse for it, how can they protect society if what they try to defend hates them for it because they can make mistakes. We hardly ever hear of perfectly executed operations on the part of police just the constant bad thanks to the media, and to no suprise they've done it again.