• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

brewing your own beer. sounds yummy.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
anyone have any experience with this?

i love beer. its delicious. and for a long fucking time ive wanted to do it. there are a lot of kits out there but it seems like you can get the parts yourself pretty easily and cheaper.

have any of you used a kit or done a diy kit?

Facetious

Moderated
I've always wanted to get involved in home brewing, however after both hearing and reading about how awfully unpalatable a beginner brewers swill can be, I was always pessimistic about being able to produce something halfway tasty on my own without the oversight of an experienced home brewer or perhaps a mentoring microbiologist nearby. . . someday.

One of my coworkers has a registered nanobrewery, and he's been explaining the process in detail. I'm gonna go watch him brew a keg or two, and then I'll try my own. I've bought some literature on the matter, and my coworker has agreed to mentor me through the process. I can't wait! :beer:

my mate's done it a few times, and it's actually really good stuff. he uses kits but alters the recipes somehow... don't really know how, he told me but it all got too technical for me! :dunno:

squallumz

ive been researching kits lately. amazon has some good reviews on a lot of pretty affordable ones.

Shifty

O.G.
In addition to kits, you should check out the "Brew It Yourself" places. They basically supply the recipes, ingredients, materials and instructions and you do the rest.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Look into clubs that teach home brewing. Might be able to find something local on meetup.com.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I've brewed a few different styles and so far the pilsner has been the best with the least amount of effort. Some brews can go horribly wrong really damn fast if you don't know what you're doing.

Any decent sized city will have a home brewers' shop where you can look into a starter kit.

Brewing your own can be very rewarding. I haven't made any homebrew in a few years, but had great success with the batches I made. A couple of things to keep in mind, however:

1. Homebrewing is not difficult--you're likely working off of a recipe, so it's like baking a cake. But, it is very labor-intensive and time-consuming. Plan on setting aside an entire day from beginning to clean up (and there will be plenty of clean-up!), and another few hours later on for bottling. And don't forget about sanitizing everything that touches the beer.

2. If you think you're going to save all kinds of money by brewing your own, don't bother. While it's not a huge cash outlay--the biggest expense is for the initial setup materials--but when you factor in the time and effort involved, it will make that short drive to the liquor store for a quick 6-pack look pretty attractive. This especially applies to people who think they're going to make their own Budweiser, Miller Genuine Draft, etc. These everyday American lagers are some of the easiest beers to fuck up.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone...just pointing out some things I learned through personal experience. I'd definitely suggest visiting a homebrew shop or checking into classes or local homebrewing clubs for advice. And, pick up a decent book on homebrewing and read about it before you start.

Cheers!

I have been brewing home made wine for about ten years, it's a recipe passed down from my great grandma :D Ive done grape, apple, apricot, plum, strawberry, pumpkin and peach. Pretty much anything with seeds can be used. Its not hard at all, just need to be sanitary and use the proper yeast. I make 5 gallon batches and get about 15 fifths out of each bucket, the more sugar you use the more sweeter and stonger the content, my last batch I labeled El Prado Vineyards - Peach Brandy Panty Puller

Facetious

Moderated
2. If you think you're going to save all kinds of money by brewing your own, don't bother. While it's not a huge cash outlay--the biggest expense is for the initial setup materials--but when you factor in the time and effort involved, it will make that short drive to the liquor store for a quick 6-pack look pretty attractive.

Sounds a lot like reprocessing/reloading pistol and rifle cartridges. :o :1orglaugh

squallumz

im all about economy. i buy 30 packs. i think buying 6packs is a waste of money. price per ounce shopping, baby.

i did the math and its cheaper the brew your own depending on what you do. plus its gonna be a fun project.

ive read books on brewing and have been ready to do it for a long time. i had a couple extra bucks and found a cheap basic kit that im eying, at least, to start with.

Facetious

Moderated
Does beer require both a primary and secondary fermentation similar to sparkling wines or does one single fermentation produce the alcohol as well as the cº2 in brews.

I guess I could research this myself . . but why when we can all learn right here! :glugglug:

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I leave that to the group of Franciscan monks that brew it in my root cellar.

squallumz

Does beer require both a primary and secondary fermentation similar to sparkling wines or does one single fermentation produce the alcohol as well as the cº2 in brews.

I guess I could research this myself . . but why when we can all learn right here! :glugglug:

from what ive read you can go either way. however, secondary is going to be much better.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I have been brewing home made wine for about ten years, it's a recipe passed down from my great grandma :D Ive done grape, apple, apricot, plum, strawberry, pumpkin and peach. r

Okay. First off, GAY. Secondly, wine is not brewed. It's fermented.:2offtopic

But other than that, nice post.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Anyone got a cookie? :facepalm: