• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Breaking: Holy Shit Batman!!! 14 Dead at Batman Masacre

Sad news.

How long before the reactionaries start blaming the film for this incident, if that hasn't already happened. I mean who really needs to investigate motive when you can just speculate and shift the focus onto certain aspects of the media you don't like?

No they'll blame guns. Once again we'll have a convo on gun control and the result is that nothing will change. Business as usual.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Reactions are already in place. France has canceled the premiere and NYC is staffing police at theaters.

Reactions are already in place. France has canceled the premiere and NYC is staffing police at theaters.

Link doesn't work for me.

There's no doubt that people are going to blame this on the movie, right? I mean, the guy showed up in a gas mask and started killing people. I don't know much about the movie, but isn't that basically what that "Bane" guy does basically? For the record, I'm not blaming the movie, but I do feel like the guy was using that image when he did it. What a mentally unstable person does isn't the filmmaker's fault though.

Why does this kind of things only happens in the US ?
Oh yeah, I know : 2nd amendment :facepalm:

Yup. Pretty much. And if people need to have guns, why does it have to be fully automatic, high powered weapons? Shit like this should be much more difficult to obtain.

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
Yup. Pretty much. And if people need to have guns, why does it have to be fully automatic, high powered weapons? Shit like this should be much more difficult to obtain.

That's how I feel as well. I don't want ban guns or anything like that, I just think we need to keep guns out of the hands of those who should not have them. How the hell was Jared Lee Loughner able to walk into a gun store and just buy a gun despite him having a history of mental instability? How can anyone say he has the right to have a gun?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

Fully automatic weapons actually are VERY difficult to obtain in the U.S. You can't (legally) buy any fully automatic weapon produced after 1986. And those produced before 1986 are fairly rare and very expensive. Only cops and the military can legally own or possess post '86 weapons. As far as I know, this character didn't use a fully automatic weapon. I haven't heard much about the shooter. But he was (obviously) a nut case. And yes, we do need to do a much better job of keeping weapons out of the hands of nut cases and criminals. The Second Amendment doesn't give those people the right to possess firearms. But the black market provides people here with most anything they want: child prostitutes, hard drugs, guns, bombs... pretty much whatever you want, if you have the cash to pay for it.

But with that said, this is a horrible tragedy. My condolences to the families of the dead and injured. It's horrible to think that as someone is just trying to spend a night out with family and friends, some crazed freak goes haywire and begins killing innocent people.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I worry more about what's in a person's head than what's in his pocket. Looking forward to the psychiatrists shrinking his head and cracking that nut. Gotta find a way to pre-empt the next breakdown.

The media has already done the worst thing possible in my mind. They released his name and his picture on the net. Positive reinforcement for all the would-be sociopaths out there. Do a mass shooting- and I could be famous huh? They should keep this total failure in life out of all publications, media, etc.. His existence shouldn't be recognized or acknowledged by anyone. Please, let us all join together and never speak his name, nor look at his picture. He simply, isn't worth remembering!

The media has already done the worst thing possible in my mind. They released his name and his picture on the net. Positive reinforcement for all the would-be sociopaths out there. Do a mass shooting- and I could be famous huh? They should keep this total failure in life out of all publications, media, etc.. His existence shouldn't be recognized or acknowledged by anyone. Please, let us all join together and never speak his name, nor look at his picture. He simply, isn't worth remembering!

100% agree.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.

Good thinking. Like the nameless Va Tech guy. Seemed like there was and still is a real effort to keep him nameless.

Drop-out PhD student who massacred 12 at Batman movie screening looked like and said he was the JOKER

NY Police Commissioner said gunman said he was Batman's enemy

Shooter James Holmes, 24, dropped out from neuroscience PhD at University of Colorado in June

59 people injured including three-month-old baby and six-year-old

At least 12 dead with youngest victim just 12 years old

Aspiring sportscaster Jessica Ghawi among those killed

Shooter listened to one song on repeat before shooting

Questions over why young children and babies were at late-night screening

Holmes bought a movie ticket, entered with crowd and put on ballistic gear

Set off smoke bomb then fired indiscriminately with as many as four guns

Man was arrested without incident in a car park nearby and told the police that explosives were stored at his home

Apartment block in north Aurora has been evacuated as police figure out how to disarm 'sophisticated' devices inside shooter's home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-Batman-premiere-Denver.html#ixzz21CDjN89b

James Holmes, left, burst into a movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado and fired indiscriminately at audience members at the new Batman film. Police said he appeared to be dressed as the Joker, right

georges

Staff member
I think in theaters, they should have scanners like in airports and armed guards at entries and exits, so it would avoid any attacks.
Thoughts and prayers go to the family of the victims.