• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bought my dream car

Well after settling down with a couple of payments and paying off wifeys car, I now have extra money to buy this car. Its a 2002 35th anniv. Camaro SS. I found this site that has a car exactly like it but his car is completely stock. I am going to give the guy the money after work and damm I am itching to drive that machine already.

http://members.aol.com/camaro35thss1757/

being a camaro owner myself (3rd gen) i can honestly say hell yeah dude! I always wanted an SS...there is nothing like the f-body c rides, especially the one you just got. are you gettin a 6spd:yesyes:???? best of luck with it!

Last edited:
Congrats from me to! If it matters, my dream is the new Z06 Vette....wow! Finally the Vette isn't just some status muclecar, but a world class true sports car that can outrun a Viper. :) Aluminun frame with composite body panels & 0-140 in under 8 secs.....jezzzzz.:bowdown: Hey, I need members help. I got almost 700 disapprovals in less than 8 hours......no way! If you don't mine, would everyone click that they approve this message! :wave: Hey, & I'm such a nice guy! :glugglug:

Congrats on your new car! I like chevy, but i'm more of a vette fan. Used to own one. I hope GM follows the trend and does some retro styling as well. By the way, what are you doing to the engine. Sounds like you are going to make it faster! GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DRIVING!

As far as the retro thing goes...that newcamaro they unvieled a few weeks ago doesnt do it for me. Retro is commonplace nowadays...a car should advance IMO. the good thing about it though is that they say it will have an Ls2...so it should be pumping out some nice horses, and hopefully that means they would slap an Ls6 into an SS version at some point. I love the camaro...but chevy always seems to shoot themselves in the foot, so im not holding my breath for the new one anytime soon. They should have never killed it in the first place...and for the SSR (POS).

BTW...total agreement, the new vettes are slammin'. saw the C6 convertible the other day for the first time on the road...sweeeeet. the camaro always was the poor mans corvette, thats why I love it...cause im poor:1orglaugh. Its the next best thing. Post some pics of that baby when you get it all washed up Southtx!

southtxmordecai said:
Well after settling down with a couple of payments and paying off wifeys car, I now have extra money to buy this car. Its a 2002 35th anniv. Camaro SS. I found this site that has a car exactly like it but his car is completely stock. I am going to give the guy the money after work and damm I am itching to drive that machine already.

http://members.aol.com/camaro35thss1757/

Congatulations!!! I love it when a plan comes together.... Happy and safe Motoring!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys for the compliments guys. Its a six speed and it is stock all the way. It has 14,000 original miles (made sure through carfax) and just one previous owner, the guy I bought it from. The guy was a drug dealer and he just had no use for it anymore. It still had the plastic on the back seats, a video from GM of what kind of car I bought, a certificate for the number of the car and other crap from the factory. Dang I didnt know there were some F-body enthusiasts here on freeones, this is awesome.

So, you'll be spending a lot of time with your loved one....
your wife will be pissed about that!:1orglaugh

Ford should sue the shit out of them for basically copying the Mustang body design. :2 cents:

Weren't they completely and permanently discontinuing the Camaro just about 1-2 years ago due to poor sales? :dunno:

PILLOW said:
...that newcamaro they unvieled a few weeks ago doesnt do it for me....

Nightfly said:
Weren't they completely and permanently discontinuing the Camaro just about 1-2 years ago due to poor sales? :dunno:

yup, it and the firebird weren't "people" friendly. I kid you not....women complained about it being too low to the ground for getting out in a skirt, older men claimed it was too childish and flashy (typical jersey gweed), and kids couldn't pay the insurance of a 300+ HP v8. Add in the way it guzzles gas, and its inefficency in any weather other than sunshine and you have what they considered a bad egg. Too bad they didnt realize that building a 40000 dollar rear wheel driven two door truck (SSR) as a replacement wouldnt be much better. That one sold like shit, and now unfortunately for GM, every car they make (with exception of the C6) has poor sales. I used to love chevy, and I still bleed bowties when it comes to my camaro, but GM sucks at running a business. Just like they completely raped the Impala by making it a front wheel drive shit box...they will find a way to kill any idea of a good camaro rebuild. At first they said it would be released again in 2007...now they say 2010. By that time chevy will be chapter 11 with all their junk bonds. So my friend and I (both camaro lovers) are banking on the upcoming Dodge Challenger SRT instead.

sorry for the rant...I just get so fired up when its to my baby (camaro).

Last edited:
This is awesome! we have some sweet car enthusiasts here! PILLOW, I totally agree with your last post! This is southtx's post, but someone should start one for vettes and cameros. it would be interesting to see what we've owned and what we've donne to/with them. Again, Southtxmordecai, congrats on your new car!