• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Borderlands 2!

Borderlands 2 is definitely a must-play with friends, the storyline is weird as the first opus (playing alone may let you feel bored by times). Can't wait for the DLC maps!

Finally got it in yesterday - hooked up... And played already with a friend...
I swear, if claptrap calls me his minion again, I will kick his bits :p

But loving it.. I think the graphics are sublime drawn... and game play is really a challenge at times.

I got Borderlands 2 a week or two ago and I absolutely LOVE IT the only problems I have is with it are the boring parts before Sanctuary, Driving, Golden Keys, and I can't find Michael Mamaril in Sanctuary to get the Tribute To A Vault Hunter achievement.

Got it earlier, and I'm liking it a lot. Still have a lot to figure out, as I never played the first one. Am I able to carry more guns at a certain point? Cause I'm getting a litle sick of having to take stock of everything every time I find a new one.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Max you can carry on your person is 4 weapon slots (by progressing through the main story) and 27 items in your backpack (buying at eridium black market).

I have Borderlands 2, but haven't played yet. I also have access to the first Borderlands. Is it worth it to hold off playing the second one to go through the first one or should I just stat up with Borderlands 2?

Max you can carry on your person is 4 weapon slots (by progressing through the main story) and 27 items in your backpack (buying at eridium black market).

Thanks. I found the Eridium market and got my capacity up to 21. I wish there was more Claptrap-related stuff to do, I love that little guy.

I have Borderlands 2, but haven't played yet. I also have access to the first Borderlands. Is it worth it to hold off playing the second one to go through the first one or should I just stat up with Borderlands 2?

It's better playing the first one first so you can understand the second game a bit more, but it's up to you.

I wonder if they are going to release a special edition of Borderlands 2 with all the DLC like the first Borderlands.

Most likely. They seem to do that with every game nowadays, although I keep hearing a lot of rumors about a second season of DLC. Also, theres a new skin pack coming out Tuesday for anyone who's interested.

I just finished my entire backlog of games I had with Borderlands 2 being the last one. Out of all of them I found the two Borderland games the most enjoyable, and I'm saying that as somebody that's not a FPS fan at all. (Somebody might need to put a gun to my head to get me to play something like Call of Duty for example.) In a lot of ways it feels much different than a conventional FPS. It has a lot of fantastic memorable characters, maybe some of the best in any video games I have played. I was also amazed at the way they could combine a well done serious plot and a bunch of slapstick vary hilarious things in it and have it work.

I just finished my entire backlog of games I had with Borderlands 2 being the last one. Out of all of them I found the two Borderland games the most enjoyable, and I'm saying that as somebody that's not a FPS fan at all. (Somebody might need to put a gun to my head to get me to play something like Call of Duty for example.) In a lot of ways it feels much different than a conventional FPS. It has a lot of fantastic memorable characters, maybe some of the best in any video games I have played. I was also amazed at the way they could combine a well done serious plot and a bunch of slapstick vary hilarious things in it and have it work.

I get what your saying (though I play a lot of shooters). I could never really bring myself to try BL1 for some reason. It looked interesting, but I didn't know much about it, and never bothered to find out. I'm glad I took the plunge on BL2, though. Definitely one of the deepest, funniest, most enjoyable games I've ever played. I bought BL1 on XBL a couple weeks ago for $10 and still haven't even tried it yet because I still have so much to do in BL2.

Oh, and if you loved the memorable characters in the main game, then you should definitely spring for the 'Mr. Torgue's Campaign Of Carnage' dlc. That guy is fucking hilarious.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Campaign Of Carnage is cool, only bad thing is the loot drop at the end sucks, especially if it glitches (happened to me).
Captain Scarlett is alright by me, haven't done much of Big Game Hunt yet but witch doctors definitely seem like a bunch of dicks.

Looking forward to new characters too...Got the Mechromancer a few days ago and really liking her so far!

Campaign Of Carnage is cool, only bad thing is the loot drop at the end sucks, especially if it glitches (happened to me).
Captain Scarlett is alright by me, haven't done much of Big Game Hunt yet but witch doctors definitely seem like a bunch of dicks.

Looking forward to new characters too...Got the Mechromancer a few days ago and really liking her so far!

Yeah, the loot at the end wasn't anything spectacular, but you can get some pretty good stuff out of the Torgue Venders.

Question: I just beat the main story the other night and unlocked "True Vault Hunter Mode"... If I start that mode with my current character (36 Gunzerker) and save it, will I be able to return to the first playthrough and continue to finish up quests? Basically what I mean is : Can I switch between saves or will it overwrite my first game?

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Yeah, the loot at the end wasn't anything spectacular, but you can get some pretty good stuff out of the Torgue Venders.

Question: I just beat the main story the other night and unlocked "True Vault Hunter Mode"... If I start that mode with my current character (36 Gunzerker) and save it, will I be able to return to the first playthrough and continue to finish up quests? Basically what I mean is : Can I switch between saves or will it overwrite my first game?

Yeah you can switch between them at any time. You have to choose 'select character', load them up then it will ask you what difficulty you want.
They are not completely separate, if you quit TVHM at the Southern Shelf and went back to normal, you would end up at SS in your normal game again too even if you were somewhere else at the time on that difficulty. Doesn't happen if you havent unlocked the area yet though.
For some reason it wipes all your skill point allocations and you have to respec again once you switch, but that probably wont be too often.
TVHM gets a lot harder than normal, its good to have golden keys saved up for it.
Your shield will get broken 'a lot', I ended up using a low capacity/fast recharge shield at level 50 for that reason (with a gunzerker too).

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Do I need to get the update to be able to reset all the badass challenges?

It is part of a patch so that is likely. Even so, it would take a long time to unlock the option. At least 97 non-area specific challenges completed to level 5.

I saw an official teaser that points toward a new vault hunter in dlc 4, as well as a raised level cap (which hints at a second round of dlc) anyone know anymore about this? I'd post the vid, but I'm on my phone and its a pain in the ass.