• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Borderlands 2!

Confirming speculation that arose in early June, Gearbox Software has officially announced the development and pending release of a sequel to 2009's popular RPG-esque first-person shooter, Borderlands. Eloquently named "Borderlands 2," the new entry will return to the rustic planet of Pandora and will have players traversing uncharted lands to discover new "mysteries."

Details are limited at the moment, but Gearbox promises to deliver an "ambitiously crafted story" that unfolds alongside new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment. And that's really about all we know. Assuming Borderlands 2 doesn't depart from its predecessor, you can expect the same four-player, role-playing, FPS lootfest that the original delivered with great conviction.

Although there was a ton to appreciate about Borderlands, the PC version was a little uninspired. The general interface and menu system reeked of a console port while the use of GameSpy for the multiplayer component was disappointing. The gameplay itself grew repetitive as you were forced to dispatch the same types of enemies (which quickly respawned) throughout a majority of the story.

http://www.techspot.com/news/44944-...n-2012-with-new-characters-and-equipment.html

Attachments

• 2011-08-03-image-1.jpg
    2011-08-03-image-1.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 213

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Yeah, I saw a sneak-peek of this. .. I hope this new one's as good as the first.

Loved the first one. I'm still playing one of the DLC's.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
^^ Thatt looks great, Whimsy. I loved the "midget meat shield". :D

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
^^ I found it one of the most addictive games I've played in years. Love the game. I've spent more time on it than any other in ages.

^^ I found it one of the most addictive games I've played in years. Love the game. I've spent more time on it than any other in ages.

I just ordered Borderlands 1 based solely on your recommendation, if it isn't as good as you make out I will hunt you down to the ends of the Earth to get my £12.95 back :fight:

Really? Idk what it is but between the boring story line and all the stupid cartoon graphics it just got old fast. I had no desire to even finish it. Maybe you played it online a lot?

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
I just ordered Borderlands 1 based solely on your recommendation, if it isn't as good as you make out I will hunt you down to the ends of the Earth to get my £12.95 back :fight:
:D Fair enough. But not until you find every different gun in the game. ..

I should be safe for a while as there's literally millions of different guns and combinations available apparently. :D

Really? Idk what it is but between the boring story line and all the stupid cartoon graphics it just got old fast. I had no desire to even finish it. Maybe you played it online a lot?

No just single player, although I have all the DLC's including Moxxi's Underdome which is mainly for MP. I just use it to store my extra guns in the bank available there.

I just love FPS's and I'm a bit of a hoarder. So finding all the loot and guns really got me in.

It's funny, when it first came out and I picked up the cover in the game shop, I didn't give it a second look. But months later I saw some gameplay on a vid and decided to get it. :D

I've always been intrigued by Borderlands, but never gotten excited enough to go pick it up, even though I could find it used for $15 pretty easily. I hear it's a lot better with friends, but all my XBL friends are either playing COD or Gears. I might have to look into BL2 though.

So I have started playing the game and I do like it. There's some nice little tweaks here and there that make it better than the original but one thing that bothers me is the menu system. I find it difficult to read at times when I'm trying to change out weapons and such. Anyone else having this problem?

I gave serious thought to picking up the first one but never took the plunge. It can probably be had on the cheap today. Would people say that either and or both games are worth a purchase based just on the single player?

So I have started playing the game and I do like it. There's some nice little tweaks here and there that make it better than the original but one thing that bothers me is the menu system. I find it difficult to read at times when I'm trying to change out weapons and such. Anyone else having this problem?

The more I play this game the more it is annoying me and it's mainly due to that damn menu layout. It's not even letting me sort the weapons into different categories!

I'm seriously half tempted to return it to get Battlefield 3 with all the DLC

Nevermind, I got the menu figured out better but I do still prefer the menu from the first one. The game got better too once I got into a more open world area, I'm liking it now!

Started playing and I think Tiny Tina is a hilarious character! Can't wait to hear more of her fucked-up lines lol

At the mo, would say revive needs to be on a different button, due to trying to revive team mate to then get killed and then auto suicide!