• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Rap/Hiphop Album Ever?

jumbo_jim said:
Dr. Dre - The Chronic

This was the first rap album I owned and really liked it. It was the album whcih got me into this particular type of music and I still really like it today. So that is why I go for The Chronic.

that is probably the best collaberation album ever. dr. dre really overdid himself with that one, but how can it be the best rap/hiphop album ever if its not even the best westside album ever put out?
what about: dogg pound's "dogfood", snoop's "doggystyle", too short's "short dawgs in the house",or ice cube's "amerikkkas most wanted" and "death certificate". theres plenty more...these are just the first ones to pop into my head at this time.

Dr. Dre - Chronic 2000

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Has anyone ever heard Proof of D12's albums?

I was a pretty big fan for a while, kinda odd that i first heard he had died on this very forum, before i was even a member. I think my first post was about him actually.
Very underrated, probably a better rapper than Eminem.

Raisin Hell by Run DMC fused Rock and rap together which influenced such groups as Cypress Hill, and Rage Against The Machine among others
NWA Straight Outta Compton spawned gangsta rap and put the Westcoast on the Map for good
Ghetto Boys (same as Geto Boys) Grip it! On that other Level, even more hardcore than NWA, spawned Scarface and represented Texas
EPMD classic samplers of beats are now the most sampled hip hop group of all time. These guys first two albums were deliciously "funky" absolute classics
Public Enemy It takes a nation..... best political rap album ever
BDP/KRSONE by all means necessary, criminal minded, social consciousness to hip hop and brilliant for its time
Dr. Dre The Chronic, simply put, g-funk birthplace, and an amazing collaboration of artists all living together in a studio
Snoop Doggy Dog - Doggystyle, most anticipated album of all time, classic g-funk with snoops low key drawl
Eric B & Rakim, there was a time when no one flowed better than Rakim
2 Live Crew around the time of NWA, they were also making waves with their sexed out lyrics and miami bass sound

Tupac and Biggie are both overrated, unfortunately due to their passing. Both put out great music, with completely different styles, and many regard them as two of the greatest emcees of all time.

Groups like de la soul, jungle bros, etc, also created a less violent sound, which more people link to Hip hop, rather than rap (a whole different debate).

Either way, the stuff out today (its all about bling) pales in comparison to what came out in the late 80's and early 90's.

I think what is really differnt other than the bling, is that the production and beats on today's records arguably have a more club like feel, whereas the old hip hop/rap beats were a little more unrefined.

just one mans opinion

I'm not going to give a history lesson because others are giving it a go.
I hate choosing only one but this is it hands down:
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
the best hip hop album ever is.............paid in full by eric b and rakim!!:nanner:

I think 2Pac made the best album ever... but not all eyez on me! it's a great album for sure but for me The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory is the better one because it's deeper than all eyez on me!

Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin
Gravediggaz - Niggamortis (which seems to be called 6 Feet Deep now)
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang(36 Chambers)
Ice-T - Home Invasion
ONYX - Bacdafucup

:bowdown:

tupac has always been the best so i'll go for him. Talked more sence in some of his lyrics like brenda's got a babie.

Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick "6 Minutes"

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Has there ever been one?