• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best NBA team to have NOT won the championship.

Best NBA team not to win it all?

• 1970 Los Angeles Lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1973 Boston Celtics

• 1974 Chicago Bulls

• 1996 Seattle Supersonics

• 2000 Indiana Pacers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which team in NBA history do you feel was the best to have not won it all?

For me, it'd have to be the 1992-1993 Phoenix Suns. That team was good enough to beat just about any team in a 7 game series, except the Bulls. Their starting 5:

Kevin Johnson
Dan Majerle
Tom Chambers
Charles Barkley
Mark West

Key reserves: Danny Ainge, Richard Dumas, Cedric Ceballos

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Great list. You really know your NBA history! :thumbsup:

I'd have to go with the 1980-81 76ers. They had one hell of a lineup that season (Dr. J, Mo Cheeks, Darryl Dawkins, Bobby Jones, Caldwell Jones, et al) and I remember being devastated when they got knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics - especially after they lost the Championship to the Lakers the year before (and had beaten the Celtics to get there!). So for me it would be the 79-80 76ers or the 80-81 76ers.

This makes me remember how much I used to love watching both NBA and college basketball. What happened? :dunno:

Great list. You really know your NBA history! :thumbsup:

I'd have to go with the 1980-81 76ers. They had one hell of a lineup that season (Dr. J, Mo Cheeks, Darryl Dawkins, Bobby Jones, Caldwell Jones, et al) and I remember being devastated when they got knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics - especially after they lost the Championship to the Lakers the year before (and had beaten the Celtics to get there!). So for me it would be the 79-80 76ers or the 80-81 76ers.

This makes me remember how much I used to love watching both NBA and college basketball. What happened? :dunno:

That Sixer team was awesome. Another casualty of just a superior Celtic team, but would've steamrolled to a ring otherwise, IMO. Consistent perimeter shooting wound up being they're biggest issue, but didn't really need it except for against the Celts and Lakers.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Very true! I can't remember who choked the most. But I can remember some key long jumpers being missed by the Sixers at critical moments. And wasn't it the 79-80 season that the three pointer debuted? I may be wrong there, but seems like Andrew Toney (I think) lobbed a few three pointer bricks. I remember not liking him very much after that, so he did something to piss me off.

'94 New York Knicks

Very true! I can't remember who choked the most. But I can remember some key long jumpers being missed by the Sixers at critical moments. And wasn't it the 79-80 season that the three pointer debuted? I may be wrong there, but seems like Andrew Toney (I think) lobbed a few three pointer bricks. I remember not liking him very much after that, so he did something to piss me off.

You sir are correct. This is exactly what happened. There was a lot of looking down checking for the line in that game. Toney became a better player, but that series was not the best for him.

One of the teams that I thought had enough to go all the way were the early 2000 Portland Trail Blazers.

They essentially had two full starting lineups with the likes of Scottie Pippen,Bonzi Wells,Damon Stodamire,Stacy Augmon,Rasheed Wallace,along with others.There really isn't any reason that they shouldn't have gotten at least one championship.

Can't remember the year,but that Sacramento Kings team from some years back really got hosed by fixed officiating.

And finally,if it weren't for the Bulls in the early and mid/late 90's,then Seattle,Portland,Phoenix,Utah,and of course the Knicks all could have had titles.

Lot of great players without rings because of Michael Jordan and company.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
The '96 Vancouver Grizzlies

:tongue:

Had to go with Utah on the list. I know you asked the single best per year however I couldn't ignore the seasons before and after in the sad endings they've had.

For me, it'd have to be the 1992-1993 Phoenix Suns. That team was good enough to beat just about any team in a 7 game series, except the Bulls. Their starting 5:

Kevin Johnson
Dan Majerle
Tom Chambers
Charles Barkley
Mark West

What a great team and one of my favorite finals along with my 2004 Pistons, they won, but a great story line against Kobe, Payton, O'Neal and Malone.

thanks for the post! The Suns after living in Phoenix are my 2nd favorite team to add.

Alt 1998 Utah Jazz

One of the teams that I thought had enough to go all the way were the early 2000 Portland Trail Blazers.

They essentially had two full starting lineups with the likes of Scottie Pippen,Bonzi Wells,Damon Stodamire,Stacy Augmon,Rasheed Wallace,along with others.There really isn't any reason that they shouldn't have gotten at least one championship.

Can't remember the year,but that Sacramento Kings team from some years back really got hosed by fixed officiating.

And finally,if it weren't for the Bulls in the early and mid/late 90's,then Seattle,Portland,Phoenix,Utah,and of course the Knicks all could have had titles.

Lot of great players without rings because of Michael Jordan and company.

Yeah i think the 2000 Portland Trailblazers should of definately won a championship. They had a great team.

Facetious

Moderated

Washington Bullets vs. Golden State Warriors '75 Champs

"It has to be the greatest upset in the history of the NBA Finals," claims Barry. "But few people paid any attention to it. Sports Illustrated didn't even do a cover story on us. They hadn't expected us to win it. It was like a fairy-tale season. Everything just fell into place. It's something I'll treasure for the rest of my life."

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/19741975.html

Kevin Johnson
Dan Majerle
Tom Chambers
Charles Barkley
Mark West

If I'm not mistaken,Oliver Miller was their starting center when they played the Bulls in the Finals and not Tom Chambers.

Don't know if Chambers got hurt,but I'm fairly certain that he didn't start against the Bulls.

If I'm not mistaken,Oliver Miller was their starting center when they played the Bulls in the Finals and not Tom Chambers.

Don't know if Chambers got hurt,but I'm fairly certain that he didn't start against the Bulls.

That starting lineup was accurate to start the series. He was replaced by Richard Dumas in the starting lineup later in the series. Mark West was their starting center.