• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best movie franchise ever ?

Wich of these is the best movie franchise ever made ?

• Star Wars

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Lord Of The Rings

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • The Godfather

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Back To The Future

• Matrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirate of the Carribeans

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Alien

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Terminator

• Die Hard

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
star wars is going to be the most popular.

for me, my favourite is alien. minus all that alien vs predator garbage. what a joke.

Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
James Bond

SF8 :thumbsup:

edirons22

...currently wanking!
For me The Lord Of The Rings :thumbsup:

The word franchise fills me with dread, it usually signifies a movie that is given sequels based purely on the success of the original & the money making potential of making more, rather than having a valid continuation. Case in point being Pirates of the Caribbean, the first film ended there was no need for more. Of those on the list I would choose Back to the Future, it is the only one in which all the films are enjoyable & tell a unified story.

I would have voted for the Godfather movies or Indiana Jones if only both of them hadn't made their final installments. As a write-in vote I might choose the Bourne movies. Again, this is before the new one is set to come out without Matt Damon or even the "Jason Bourne" character. But out of those choices I picked The Lord of the Rings movies. I think they did a good job of showing one continuous story.

Last edited:

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
There is probably no movie franchise that knew when to quit ... on a high note.
To make for a solid franchise, I would say there would have to be at least 3 solid movies in it. I haven't seen all of the movies in the poll. But, from the movies in there that I HAVE seen, to the best of my recollection, for me, they pretty much all have only 2 solid installments.

Since Jaws isn't on there .... Just Kidding! :rofl2:
For the Poll, I'll give the edge to Star Wars because it had 2 first solid installments and then there in one of those later installments it introduced Cutie Natalie Portman. :D I got a kick out of how that huge creature in the arena just happened to have slashed Natalie Portman's uniform Top very Sexily at an angle. :bowdown:

For a franchise that had 3 solid installments, I'd say Rocky.
After Rocky III, the franchise fell apart.

FrostyBoy

Banned
The Godfather was the only series where none of the movies disappoint. All the rest had ups and downs, and Star Wars just plain sux ass after the first two. And as someone who read the LotR books (plus appendices, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion) countless times, don't get me started about the movies.

And you forgot Harry Potter as a choice.

Spleen

Banned?
Funny that all of them have massively shit sequels. The only 2 that don't, in my opinion, are Back to the Future and LOTR.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Johan - you probably had to make sacrifices here. We all know and understand that.

And yes, the best one here, isn't....

Sylvester Stallone -- Rocky Balboa

And who cannot include the James Bond series of films: