• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best cover song

Bruce Springsteen performing "Viva Las Vegas" of Elvis Presley. :cool:

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane (original by The Velvet Underground)

Santana - She's not there

Tears for Fears song, "Mad World" (sung by Gary Jules) from Donnie Darko soundtrack

oh god, i can think of horrible cover songs. "Boys of Summer" by the ataris.. garbage compared to Don Henley.
oh man there are many others as well

Tori Amos - Smells like Teen Spirit
Queensryche - Scarborough Fair & Closer to the Heart

and anything off the Pat Boone album where he covered a bunch of metal songs
(ok, maybe not)

i never much cared for johnny cash's cover of NIN's hurt. everyone seemed to love it, but it was nowhere near as good as the original.

a couple others that i just thought of are these 2 mp3s i have of reel big fish covering take on me by aha and hungry like the wolf by duran duran. also goldfinger does a wicked 99 red balloons.

Venom doing Black Sabbath`s Megalomania.Actually,besides lyrics,there`s really not much left of the original song.But it´s much better than the original IMO.
And then there`s ofcourse Sepultura`s version of New Model Army`s The Hunt.The original version is kinda nice in it`s own way too,but Sepultura put some balls in it,and that`s what this peace always needed.

Also it`s always nice to hear other bands doing Paranoid.Some of them are good and some not so good,but it`s great fun to hear how it works when each band do it in their own style and sound.Heh,it should be mandatory part of every record deal that each band does at least one cover version of this one :D

Last edited:
bendeco45 said:
i never much cared for johnny cash's cover of NIN's hurt. everyone seemed to love it, but it was nowhere near as good as the original.QUOTE]

I am one of those people who loves johnny's remake, I was thinking about that song when I saw the title of this thread, everyone has different tastes.