• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Are You Brand Loyal?

I'm loyal to a lot of brands but it's probably due to having grown up with those brands in the house so they're both comfortable and trustworthy to me.

Some examples:
Crest toothpaste
Mennen speed stick
Suave shampoo
Safeguard soap
Ore-Ida french fries
Hormel chili
Heinz ketchup
Gorton's fish sticks

Those are just a few. If a store doesn't have those brands, I go somewhere else.

:cool:

I'm not really brand loyal, especially for things that come from big corporations, or if I am it's more due to circumstancial factors that go along with that brand.

I might very well stick to the same thing for a long time because I feel it has the best performance/quality for the price or because the people that make the product are more ethical in my view, but as soon as that changes I'm absolutely not above moving on to something else. Usually it's always a matter of time before somebody starts making a product crappier or starts cutting corners somewhere.

It's a sad day when that happens too. When you get that product you have always gotten, look at it, can tell how they skimped with it compared to the last time you bought it, and can tell they couldn't resist changing and ruining it in an attempt to squeeze out a little bit more profit.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Rey C. said:
An acquaintance of mine was like that. Can anybody think of a consumer electronics company that fell as far and as fast as Sony did? I mean, they dominated in boom boxes, portable music players (the Walkman), TVs, laptops, etc. Now Sony is like I guess they're still hanging in there with the Playstation. But isn't that about it these days???
I don't have a cellphone and thus don't know who the king of cellphones is IF there is even such a thing. However, in that same type of Sony fall ... wasn't Nokia the undisputed KING of cellphones for quite a while at one time? At the extreme least, it was definitely a major player, right? And now POOF! Are they even still making cellphones? The last I vaguely heard, they were gonna completely change direction and go into other ventures ... and at a much smaller size of company.

I really hadn't noticed Sony's fall until you mentioned it. And now that you did, it does occurr to me that while Sony was considered the elite of TVs back in the Picture Tube days, now that Flat Screens are the norm, Sony does NOT dominate the space there on the shelves where TVs are on display at stores. Heck, now that I think about it, there probably aren't even any Sony TVs there.

My Stereo system is a small Sony Shelf System. It's been problematic from the word go. My older brother had given it to me because it had been problematic for them since they bought it. It's got a good sound, but it has 3 or so intermittent problems that make me literally SMACK it around to get it to see things my way. :1orglaugh. So, its behavior would not make me want to buy another Sony Stereo.

Then again, the Stereo that I had before that was an Aiwa Shelf System. It had an awesome sound. Loved it! But, it too early on had intermittent CD playing problems. And 2 repairs only worked temporarily. I've just never had good luck with CD Players.

georges

Staff member
Yes for some brands regarding some products. Knives (vintage ones) from Buck, Gerber and Al mar. Mobile Phone,Home Cinema, DVD reader, TV and Hi Fi all from Samsung. Cars my dad had a 1966 Chrysler New Yorker, then a 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo, then a 1975 Opel Kadett, then a 1981 VW Jetta GLS and a 1999 VW Polo (which was his last car which is now mine). Watches mostly vintage from Omega, Zenith,Longines and JLC. Bikes : road: Peugeot and Raleigh, all terrain bikes: Merida and Scapin. Automotive repair tools from facom, goodwrench and motorcraft. Technical and repair automotive books from Chilton's and Haynes. Gilette shaving cream.For the rest I can't remember.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Don't forget Paraordinance...you wouldn't wanna loose your sponsorship, you brand whore, you! :D

georges

Staff member
Don't forget Paraordinance...you wouldn't wanna loose your sponsorship, you brand whore, you! :D

hhaha yes, you are right ;) but Para is very dependable and very reliable. I also like Winchester (pre 2004 older us made models), Magnum Research, STI, SVI Guns, S&W, Mossberg, Barrett Rifles and Holland &Holland (but these guns for the billionnaires)

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I don't have a cellphone and thus don't know who the king of cellphones is IF there is even such a thing. However, in that same type of Sony fall ... wasn't Nokia the undisputed KING of cellphones for quite a while at one time? At the extreme least, it was definitely a major player, right? And now POOF! Are they even still making cellphones? The last I vaguely heard, they were gonna completely change direction and go into other ventures ... and at a much smaller size of company.

I really hadn't noticed Sony's fall until you mentioned it. And now that you did, it does occurr to me that while Sony was considered the elite of TVs back in the Picture Tube days, now that Flat Screens are the norm, Sony does NOT dominate the space there on the shelves where TVs are on display at stores. Heck, now that I think about it, there probably aren't even any Sony TVs there.

My Stereo system is a small Sony Shelf System. It's been problematic from the word go. My older brother had given it to me because it had been problematic for them since they bought it. It's got a good sound, but it has 3 or so intermittent problems that make me literally SMACK it around to get it to see things my way. :1orglaugh. So, its behavior would not make me want to buy another Sony Stereo.

Then again, the Stereo that I had before that was an Aiwa Shelf System. It had an awesome sound. Loved it! But, it too early on had intermittent CD playing problems. And 2 repairs only worked temporarily. I've just never had good luck with CD Players.

I think more in Europe than here, but yes, Nokia was a major brand in the cellphone and early smartphone days. They had their own operating system, pre iOS and Android. I can't remember what it was called right now. I think the biggest cellphone company was Motorola (at least in North America, if not the world). When the technology went from analog to digital, Motorola began to falter. Now Microsoft owns (or owned) what little is left of Nokia. And Google owns (or owned) what little is left of Motorola. The big daddy in smartphones was BlackBerry/RIM. Remember the CrackBerry days? Every dog and his brother had to have a BlackBerry. I hated them. I refused one when my then employer insisted that I take a new phone. I opted for a flip feature phone made by Motorola, just so I wouldn't be one of the BlackBerry addicts. Which is ironic, since now I have an iPhone. And now that they've all but disappeared from the landscape, I'd like to have a BlackBerry Passport - if they just had some apps that I've grown to rely on.

When you find something that works why change?
And when you find something that doesn't work, why stay?
Don't know if I'm "brand loyal" but the two sentences above resume how I do

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Red Gold ketchup - Made about an hour away from where I live. Occasionally, they'll have Colts logos on the bottles.
HP Computers - Most reliable laptops and desktops I've had were HP.
Xbox - Never been a PS guy.
Silver jeans - Best fit for tall folks like me.
Nike shoes - Haven't found a more comfortable or versatile shoe than the AirMax.
Apple iPhone - Couldn't imagine having a different phone than my iPhone 6+. It's perfect.

Fage Greek yogurt, particularly their plain yogurt. I'm big on protein and Fage packs 19g of protein in their yogurt while their competitors pack way less.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I'm not too attached to any particular brand of any one thing, however, I AM very anti-brand.

I refuse to spend money on any Apple product for myself. I'm also anti-Budweiser. Shit is gross.

I'm very brand loyal until the quality control department at the brand screws up and you end up with something worse than you expect. Luckily, most companies I've dealt with take quality control very seriously.