• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Are the latest Star Wars movies worth watching?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Attack of the Clones was the only somewhat decent one of the prequals. It introduced us briefly to the Mandalorians (Jango Fett) pretty much the most bad ass beings inhabiting the Star Wars universe.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I'd love to see some kind of decent TV/film about Star Wars history. Mandalorian wars, Ancient Sith, or something as interesting. Maybe even something about the original Sith species. Something that takes us out of the current slump it is in now.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Yes, it is.

Mayhem

Banned
I cringed at how poorly directed the HP movies were. These were kid actors who basically just read their lines. A better director(s) would have gotten more out of them.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
The 3-D effects are cool, the writing is still horrible and I found myself hoping the movie would end soon. the good parts of Episode I: Maul vs. anyone were worth seeing again; the podrace scenes were cool; A Natalie Portman on-screen so big I could be her 6'4" dildo

No special effects could improve the horrible writing and stiff acting

You have to think of all 6 as 1 book. You wouldn't skip chapters in a book, would you? So watch all the movies.

Thank you. That is by far the best response in this thread. :goodpost:

Thanks, the new movies really get a bum rap and its something Im passionate about. But seriously, the reason people dont like them is because they were expecting the fucking OT all over again. Technical wise they are no worse than the old ones. I will admit the complex story of the new ones arent executed quite as well as the simple story of the old ones. And the edting of episode 2 is not what it should be because they didnt use a real editor for that one (Sound man Ben Burtt, who is the greatest sound man on Earth and does all the sounds for all 6 movies did all the editing for episode 2) and I dont understand why the hell they didnt have a real editor.

If you would rather see ATAT walkers crashing into buildings instead of poliical intrigue, that's fine. If you find the slang dialouge of Han Solo more appealing than the formal dialogue of politicans and the Jedi Knights, that's fine. But please stop acting as if one is Shakespeare and the other isnt.

Some guy on a SW board said that the OT is a not-so-good story told very well and the PT is a very good story told not so well. I sort of agree with that.

Also Lucas took Darth Vader and turned him upside down and people didnt like that. As a kid seeing the OT you think he is this big monster that you respected because of his power, but as an adult seeing the PT you find out that he is just a pathetic man that made a really bad decision and couldnt own up to it, and lost everything.