• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Aquariums & reefkeeping

CtexsinsChelle

Official Checked Star Member
Just curious if any of you board members keep Aquariums? I have had an aquarium in my house for several years now with my current tank being a 5 year old 75 gal mixed coral reef system.

IMG_1173.JPGIMG_1166.JPGIMG_1193.JPG

Looks amazing!

I plan to get an aquarium when I move to a bigger place.

Ive used to have a 100 gal aquarium many years ago. Put about 7 Guppies in it and I believe 2 or 3 years later their was 200+

ban-one

Works for panties
Very nice.

The first pediatrician I had, had like a wall-sized aquarium in the waiting room and I remember it being very neat, especially when you're a little kid in a waiting room. I used to have like a 2-gallon tank with a fish when I was younger, and I've still got the tank around here somewhere and would like to have a large setup (not necessarily wall-sized), but I don't think they'd mix all that well with the two cats.

That looks great. I used to a couple salt water fish only aquariums with some live rock. One was 180 gal, and the other 125. The 125 always looked the best, and had the best mix of fish.

I also had a 50 gal reef. I've been out of it for several years, but have thought about getting back into it.

You've done a great job with yours.

Wow, your saltwater coral reef system looks AMAZING, Chelle ... Well done :thumbsup:
Looks like you have an angelfish and a black clownfish in there too, huh ?
Do you take care of it yourself or do you have an aquarium service maintain it?

Anyway, I used to have 55 gallon freshwater aquarium with an Oscar and a Pacu! Ha !! :fight:

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
my girl and i used to have 7 aquariums. i even had a little business in setting them up and servicing them on the side for awhile, we were so into it. even did some classes at a local college for the hobby.

since moving, we haven't set up any tanks, but i am always this close to breaking down and going for it.

we really liked freshwater and brackish. i had some great brackish tanks. those were my favourites.

saltwater was something i just worked on, but never personally kept. they are pretty though. always wanted to go with shrimp.

Philbert

Banned
Sailfin Mollies...I had 8 tanks in Texas, all freshwater even though Sailfins can live in salt or fresh.
Nice saltwater setup!

CtexsinsChelle

Looks amazing!

I plan to get an aquarium when I move to a bigger place.

Ive used to have a 100 gal aquarium many years ago. Put about 7 Guppies in it and I believe 2 or 3 years later their was 200+

Thanks Test, yes guppies can and will reproduce like rabbits!!

Holee jumpin' sheepshit, that looks amazing. Well done. :clap:

Thanks Mayhem!! XOXO Chelle

Very pretty!

Thanks Lacey

Very nice.

The first pediatrician I had, had like a wall-sized aquarium in the waiting room and I remember it being very neat, especially when you're a little kid in a waiting room. I used to have like a 2-gallon tank with a fish when I was younger, and I've still got the tank around here somewhere and would like to have a large setup (not necessarily wall-sized), but I don't think they'd mix all that well with the two cats.

While we don't have cats I have in the past and never had any problems with them depends on the cat I guess!!

I have a 55 gal fresh water. But I would like to try saltwater.

We started our reef in a 55 then upgraded to the 75 about a year later. 55 is a good start for Salt water systems.

That looks great. I used to a couple salt water fish only aquariums with some live rock. One was 180 gal, and the other 125. The 125 always looked the best, and had the best mix of fish.

I also had a 50 gal reef. I've been out of it for several years, but have thought about getting back into it.

You've done a great job with yours.

180g is a nice tank I just don't like all the maintenance that comes with a big tank!!

Wow, your saltwater coral reef system looks AMAZING, Chelle ... Well done :thumbsup:
Looks like you have an angelfish and a black clownfish in there too, huh ?
Do you take care of it yourself or do you have an aquarium service maintain it?

Anyway, I used to have 55 gallon freshwater aquarium with an Oscar and a Pacu! Ha !! :fight:

Thank you Sam, yes we do all our own maintenance, The one that looks like an Angel fish is a sailfin tang and the clowns are saddlebacks. We only have a few fish since I prefer corals over fish.

my girl and i used to have 7 aquariums. i even had a little business in setting them up and servicing them on the side for awhile, we were so into it. even did some classes at a local college for the hobby.

since moving, we haven't set up any tanks, but i am always this close to breaking down and going for it.

we really liked freshwater and brackish. i had some great brackish tanks. those were my favourites.

saltwater was something i just worked on, but never personally kept. they are pretty though. always wanted to go with shrimp.

Brackish tanks are cool, I love puffers!!

I totally saw reefkeeing as queefing.

Carry on.

LOL @ Maggie

Sailfin Mollies...I had 8 tanks in Texas, all freshwater even though Sailfins can live in salt or fresh.
Nice saltwater setup!

Thanks for the comment Philbert in total we have 3 tanks right now we just tore down our 90 gal freshwater planted talk about two months ago it got to be to much to keep up with!!

ban-one

Works for panties
While we don't have cats I have in the past and never had any problems with them depends on the cat I guess!!

Well, the younger one would be more of the problem, as she still hunts things out in the yard and climbs the trees, so she might get on top and either fall in not realizing there's no where to land if it's open-topped or knock it over when she jumped off the cover. I think the older one would just sit next to it watching the fish, and try to grab them through the glass.

that's one beautiful aquarium, is it hard and expensive keeping it? water should be changed constantly?

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
We have a fresh water tank. Think it's around 400 liters.

There's some tetras in there, some pink salmon, 3 of these little catfish ground eaters, and supposedly a little tiny plec. Oh, there's a bunch of snail eating snails too.

We need to do something with the tank because the plants keep dying. I think it's a carbon issue and we have a few things lined up to try. We'll see though.

So far the kitten enjoys jumping at the catfish though. I think they actually tease her.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.

There's some tetras in there, some pink salmon, 3 of these little catfish ground eaters, and supposedly a little tiny plec. Oh, there's a bunch of snail eating snails too.

We need to do something with the tank because the plants keep dying. I think it's a carbon issue and we have a few things lined up to try. We'll see though.

So far the kitten enjoys jumping at the catfish though. I think they actually tease her.

pink salmon? this is a new one for me.

CtexsinsChelle

Well, the younger one would be more of the problem, as she still hunts things out in the yard and climbs the trees, so she might get on top and either fall in not realizing there's no where to land if it's open-topped or knock it over when she jumped off the cover. I think the older one would just sit next to it watching the fish, and try to grab them through the glass.

We have hoods on all our tanks, in the past we had certain types fish know for jumping so the hood serves to keep them in along with keeping everything else out

yeah, we had some of those guys. had to feed it like food or it wouldn't eat. my pride was my sand tank. we have flatfish. i always loved flatfish.

Flat fish like freshwater flounders?

Great looking aquarium CtexsinsChelle

TY Regina :)

that's one beautiful aquarium, is it hard and expensive keeping it? water should be changed constantly?

Its not really that hard to keep it we don't mess in our as much as most do, we do water changes one a month since we use a lot of supplements. All our pumps and skimmers are over rated for the tank size and since our fish load is low we don't have to do a lot of water changes. It is expensive, that depends, our 75g as seen in the photos in total we have about 6000.00 invested in it not counting coral and live stock, if counting everything its at about 8000.00. Most of that is in lighting and the aqua controller computer control system that powers all the pumps!

We had the same problem with our planted tank for some time until we added a CO tank to it once we did that our plants started thriving.