• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anyone here hates RNB as much as I do?

short definition: rap biased towards specific singing

I know, but back in th 60's bands like The Rolling Stones were considered R'n'B because of the rather large influence Blues had on them. There's a big difference in how R'n'B is defined now than what it was then.

I was just making the distinction apparent.

short definition: rap biased towards specific singing

short-to-medium definition: cheesy, horrible love songs over hip hop beats, usually interspersed with cheesy synth fills and other catchy noises. Sung by wannabee-nice guy-wannabe thugs who all were dorks in school and still are to this day. Many songs "feature" guest MCs or "recording artists" to help the sell job. Utter garbage.

I know, but back in th 60's bands like The Rolling Stones were considered R'n'B because of the rather large influence Blues had on them. There's a big difference in how R'n'B is defined now than what it was then.

I was just making the distinction apparent.

I love the old stuff, real backing bands, real soul, real singing, and real rhythm. REAL MUSICIANS = REAL MUSIC

Modern R&B isn't rhythm and blues at all. It should be called B&D = Beats and Dorks

Everyone has different tastes but me thinks none of you have ever heard of Brian McKnight or something.

Everyone has different tastes but me thinks none of you have ever heard of Brian McKnight or something.

Heard of him, never listened to his music but i would of thought he was more in touch with the past R&B style and not the drivle spouted by pre-pubecent wannabe's we get daily.

Heard of him, never listened to his music but i would of thought he was more in touch with the past R&B style and not the drivle spouted by pre-pubecent wannabe's we get daily.

Could it be the case that the blur is many pop artists do R&B and vice-versa...therefore the line is indistinguishable?

Men don't like R&B.. I think that's pretty obvious..

Now, Country.. that's something that makes me feel sick!!
"I'm lonely, my wife left me and I have an ol' Ford Pick-up truck?"
WTF!! LOL

Newer R&B is pretty bad and unimaginative.

It was good shit back a while back... old Motown is some of the best music ever!

When I think of R & B I think of guys like Robert Cray and B.B. King. And I'd take those guys over crotch-grabbing pants falling down rappers any day.

roronoa3000

Banned
I especially hate all the male rnb singers (akon, chris brown,) because they all crap and sound like a pussy
How can you sound like a pussy? What sound does a pussy make? Does it say moo or woof?

Looks like it is time to start I hate opera thread.

Ok so everyone here hates rap, country and r&b. Rock sucks. So what the hell is left to listen to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Newer R&B is pretty bad and unimaginative.

It was good shit back a while back... old Motown is some of the best music ever!

You hit the nail on the head. Back when subtlety and sexuality of a song were dependent upon the delivery and quality of the singers.

Marvin Gaye
Smokey Robinson
Sam & Dave
Teddy Pendergrass
Otis Redding
The Temptations

That stuff can't be beat man. I'm a little bit bias. I'm a blues/soul/classic R&B music critic when I'm not hangin' around in here.

^ You're no fun! :mad: