• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anybody Watching The DNC Infomercial That's On Today... Or This Week... Or Whenever It's On?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
What or who is/are for sale?

tenor.gif

Queen Bogs

Banned
What or who is/are for sale?

tenor.gif
I didn't see his segment, I didn't know he'd made an appearance. I flipped over a couple of times as my wife and I were watching TV. She agreed - an awards show with no audience ran over an infomercial, and politicians, pundits, and Eva Langoria spilled out. This is the future of conventions? 😅 I guess, but I think it had more to do with showcasing Joe in a very scripted, controlled setting, and getting him back home. The weeks to come will tell, I think.

I watched. I cringed. As expected.

If there is a debate I don't think I can watch it. I'll probably just watch highlights afterwards to laugh to.

The VP debate will probably be closer to the real deal.

Queen Bogs

Banned
I watched. I cringed. As expected.

If there is a debate I don't think I can watch it. I'll probably just watch highlights afterwards to laugh to.

The VP debate will probably be closer to the real deal.
Having seen little of either of the VP candidates debating before, I think Harris would likely top Pence. He's such a stiff, and she has a better stage presence - prosecutors are on stage, making their case, in a manner of speaking, quite a bit. That would serve her well, in that context.

Having seen little of either of the VP candidates debating before, I think Harris would likely top Pence. He's such a stiff, and she has a better stage presence - prosecutors are on stage, making their case, in a manner of speaking, quite a bit. That would serve her well, in that context.

yeah, she has proven she can attack with the best of them. I think she'll win the debate.
I think the VP debate will have people that can put together sentences you can understand. Not so much in the presidential debate.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Just because one debater specializes in going unhinged and double talk vs. the other doesn't make them right and / or the winner.
One kick in the knee (exposing their weaknesses and lies) and they'll crumble.

And as for Biden ... he goes unhinged and all that happens is that his big foot yet AGAIN winds up in his big mouth faster and more thoroughly.

Just because one debater specializes in going unhinged and double talk vs. the other doesn't make them right and / or the winner.

Too funny.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Exhibit A: O'Rourke
He wanted to be right AND the winner sooooo bad.
He thought he could do it by constantly being unhinged, double talking, attacking, tossing insults, constantly using the race card, and flailing his arms all over the place poking people in their eyes.
Didn't work out too well for him.

Best that I saw of last night was Biden's wife. Her talking about the leadership void during the pandemic was spot on. She delivered what matters, in an eloquent way. I'd vote for her over Joe and Harris if she was running.

I thought Clinton did a good job too. Interesting presentation. I kept thinking a couple of things while he spoke. How is this guy still sitting up straight? :) and that he was a successful moderate. Part of the reason for Clinton's success is that he focused on the economy. He kept the line running from when he took over and leveraged it by not getting in its way and that took talent. In his speech last night, he delivered what is going to be the best progressive speech of the convention. Did a great job.

Jill's speech should be their focus. Forget about the lunatics who spin everything left or right and wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the nose. She pointed to the leadership gap. This was Trump's time to rise. It was't the mechanics of what he did. What he didn't do was show the kind of leadership FDR did to comfort the country. The president isn't going to know what to do in times like we have now. Trump didn't cause and it isn't reasonable to think he is going to have an answer to COVID. What he needed to do was instill confidence in the country and comfort. That way, when the medical experts are trying (and sometimes failing by getting things wrong) we are pulling together and know that we are trying to move forward. Jill did a great job in pointing that out.

The problem is we aren't seeing this from Joe or Kamala. They are on the attack. I think if they follow Jill's lead, they could bring this home.

And as for Biden ... he goes unhinged and all that happens is that his big foot yet AGAIN winds up in his big mouth faster and more thoroughly.

Hey, a winning strategy for Trump could be - He debates with Biden and stays sane. If he can do that and poke Joe just enough to have him melt down a bit and come across feeble minded, he wins.
Pence would need to play the straight statesman and take a beating from Harris. They could seem like the saner option, if they did that.

Doubt it.

I was expecting Michelle Obama's speech, just with a different accent.
Right, you don't have to listen to Michelle's speech live, you can catch the replay when Melania gives it. Pick your accent.

Not what you want out of the POTUS, but that was a pro-level piece of trolling done that far surpasses anything we've seen on FO.

Queen Bogs

Banned
Hey, a winning strategy for Trump could be - He debates with Biden and stays sane. If he can do that and poke Joe just enough to have him melt down a bit and come across feeble minded, he wins.
Pence would need to play the straight statesman and take a beating from Harris. They could seem like the saner option, if they did that.

Doubt it.
I was discussing something like this with a friend last night. Trump’s running ads here with a Sam Elliott sound-alike, and the ads are harsh, over the line, really. The VO says "the man is WEAK" with emphasis, a couple of times, and the graphic reads the same. Of course, the images are the most unflattering they could find. I believe that the Trump team may be trying to piss Biden off, into a response. He's known to fire from the hip, he says it himself, and they're trying to get him to lash out. If he stays above it, it's twice the advantage for him, as meritless or near meritless attacks aren't treated kindly by voters.

I was discussing something like this with a friend last night. Trump’s running ads here with a Sam Elliott sound-alike, and the ads are harsh, over the line, really. The VO says "the man is WEAK" with emphasis, a couple of times, and the graphic reads the same. Of course, the images are the most unflattering they could find. I believe that the Trump team may be trying to piss Biden off, into a response. He's known to fire from the hip, he says it himself, and they're trying to get him to lash out. If he stays above it, it's twice the advantage for him, as meritless or near meritless attacks aren't treated kindly by voters.
I think it is the only win for him.

Is there a win for us? :)

Queen Bogs

Banned
I think it is the only win for him.

Is there a win for us? :)
We all win! 😄 As polarized as people are, I've never seen this percentage of people in my daily life who are getting involved in their own governance. Are you going to finish that? Gimme, it's still half full 😉 and that's how I got this Anheuser-Busch belt buckle. 😁

We all win! 😄 As polarized as people are, I've never seen this percentage of people in my daily life who are getting involved in their own governance. Are you going to finish that? Gimme, it's still half full 😉 and that's how I got this Anheuser-Busch belt buckle. 😁
I'll be honest, I've never looked at it this way.
Diversity in thought! That is a good thing.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Heck, even if it wasn't Trump's strategy, probably as soon as Trump went, "Good evening, Joe. Good luck tonight ..." Biden would probably go, "I resent that! That's racist, illegal, capricious, abuse of power, impeachable and unconstitutional!" 😁

I got that from remembering an episode of MASH whereby Hawkeye & BJ went, "Hi Frank." And Frank goes, "I resent that!" Or some all paranoid reply like that. :ROFLMAO: