• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anybody Seen "The Wrestler"?

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
WOW.....is all I can say. What a fantastic flick. Mickey Rourke is incredible in this powerful, poignant and painful story of an old wrestler in the twilight of his career and life. Absolutely brilliant IMO. Oscar-worthy for sure.

Anyone else see this yet? Trailer here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-GFxjTyV0

Best movie I've seen in a long time. :thumbsup:

Sounds good jag, but will it bum me out?

I don't want to get all depressed.
:(

I enjoyed the movie but the ending left me a bit off and I think pro wrestling died with the end of competition between brands and if i did watch wrestling my kids and I watched WCW not McMahons steroid soapopera.

First....Did the landing kill him ?

Hate it when movies end like that.

Kinda like the Sopranos....

Mickey was pretty good and Marisa....come on that chick is smokin hot

I haven't seen it yet. Would like to though. But I'd like to watch Grand Torino more.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Sounds good jag, but will it bum me out?

I don't want to get all depressed.
:(

It's not a real uplifting flick MP but I don't think it will bum you out. Go see it.

I enjoyed the movie but the ending left me a bit off and I think pro wrestling died with the end of competition between brands and if i did watch wrestling my kids and I watched WCW not McMahons steroid soapopera.

I was also more of a WCW guy than what we have now. Better days for wrestling I thought but it's all history now. It's a shame really.

I agree Marissa is a super babe and has been for a long time but to say Rourke was "pretty good" is a gross understatement IMO. I haven't seen a better acting performance in years.

Also, the ending was the only one that would have worked in my book. I won't give it away but any other finish would have had to be either incredibly ugly or some unbelivable "happily-ever-after" theme and I just don't think either would have come off. The movie left you wondering and I thought that was good. Brilliant film.

Also, the ending was the only one that would have worked in my book. I won't give it away but any other finish would have had to be either incredibly ugly or some unbelivable "happily-ever-after" theme and I just don't think either would have come off. The movie left you wondering and I thought that was good. Brilliant film.

Now I really wanna go watch it.

Great film. One of last yr's best. A realistic, touching, and even funny, at times, look at the wrestling biz. A must for wrestling fans, as well for fans of great movies, in general.

Rourke's acting is fantastic, and Marisa is an ubber-MILF babe. And, i thought the ending was perfect, as is.

BTW, w/ music by Accept, Scorpions, Guns n' Roses, and Cinderella, I also greatly enjoyed the soundtrack.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
Great film. One of last yr's best. A realistic, touching, and even funny, at times, look at the wrestling biz. A must for wrestling fans, as well for fans of great movies, in general.

Rourke's acting is fantastic, and Marisa is an ubber-MILF babe. And, i thought the ending was perfect, as is.

BTW, w/ music by Accept, Scorpions, Guns n' Roses, and Cinderella, I also greatly enjoyed the soundtrack.

I heard the soundtrack is great. I have yet to watch the movie though!!! I have a copy but I'm lazy. I'm still 5 movies behind.

Thanks for giving it away. Just saved me $11