• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Any metal music lovers here?

This will probably shock many of you who know me as "the nice guy" around here...lol I was/am a fan of Misfits, Samhain, G.B.H., Metallica, Skinny Puppy, and a few choice other "dark" or "hard" bands. I prefer dark punk or goth techno to "metal," but I can rock out still from time to time. LOL :banger:

My music of choice though has and will likely always remain techno/pop. Moby and Coldplay, Cocteau Twins, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Underworld, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, etc., plus a million and one techno "groups." lol

I like most sorts of music. There's a lot of shit out there, but also a lot of really good talent. It just depends on my mood at the moment... :) :thumbsup:

Maiden, Priest, Metallica. The big 3 pioneers of taking Metal into the truly mainstream. Don't mind some of the lighter stuff (Tesla, Cinderella). Hell, just bought Great White's greatest hits two days ago (and yes, there is more than one song on it!)

heh heh.. lots of metalheads in here, goood..
me, i like all kinds of fucking heavy metal (speed, power, thrash, death, black, grind) in professionally (i mean, im really interested in these kinds of music)..
im also into rock and punk, too.. for myself i could say "an alternative music listener.."
i have several amateur rock/metal bands here in turkey, too..

metal bands i've recently had the pleasure of seeing...only ones to make the list are the ones worth going to see
-slipknot
-mudvayne
-mushroomhead
-SEVENDUST
-Ill Nino
-Powerman 5000
-Soil
-KoRn
-Nine Inch Nails (haven't seen them but bitchin nonetheless)
-Black Sabbath
Not too much into the older stuff, although i do appreciate what they did for the genre

Metal kicks ass!!!

Hatebreed
E.town concrete
Korn
Shadows Fall
Killswitch Engage
adema
Pantera
S.O.A.D.
Ozzy
Drowning Pool
Disturbed
queensryche
of course metallica

And Black Label Society is the Shit!!!! ZAKK is the greatest fucking guitar player ever!!! plus hes from jersey which kicks ass!!! ill be fuckin drinkin and rockin out April 2 with the guys!!!

R.I.P. Dime!!

Nightfly can you please not mention words such as 'Pet Shop Boys' & 'Erasure' when involved in a thread about metal - it's just impolite!!! :D

i've been listening to dio a ton lately and have started getting into his other bands, rainbow and elf. even his stuff with sabbath was great(what i've heard of it anyway), but it just aint sabbath to me without the ozzman.

also love iron maiden, motorhead(obviously lol), black sabbath, ozzy, mercyful fate, blind guardian, megadeth, metallica(up till st anger), white zombie, death angel, testiment, ac/dc etc.

God, metal sucks. Its just a bunch of guys screaming about stupid shit and playing stupid shit. You guys should try listening to the roots of music. The blues. Robert Johnson, Son House, Willie Dixon, Lead Belly, and Howlin' Wolf are some of the greatest musicians of all time. Also classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin (and no, unlike some people think...they aren't considered metal), Cream, The Yardbirds, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Animals, and The Doors. There are also plenty of good blues bands these days like The Black Keys, The Dirtbombs, The Gories, The Kills, The Soledad Brothers, Henry and June, and The White Stripes. Listen to the blues....you'll be surprised by their talent.

i myself a musician prefer hardcore like Aiden, Oval portriat, none more black, kid dynamite and old afi etc... but i like me some metal along with other styles like rockabilly.

^x^

Dream Theater. I just discovered these guys 4 1/2 years ago and finally saw them in concert for the first time last year-- four times! I just think it's kind of cool that over the age of 40 you can discover a "new" band and get so excited about them. Especially when the list of bands I've seen multiple times and have no desire to see again is growing. :( DT's considered to be more of a progressive metal and are very huge in Europe and Japan. Hey, you fans in Germany, etc., enjoy the Evening With... shows coming up!

Anyway, www.dreamtheater.net is where I like to hang out, when I'm behaving myself that is.

Not a real metal fan at all, at least the newer stuff, but the following are quite good:

Blue Cheer (Check them out, if you like the roots of metal)
Metallica (loved "Ride the Lightning")
Black Sabbath (Godfathers are the genre)

Last edited:
Well. I am new - one month or so- to freeones.
So I have found this threat more by accident (looking for gothic girls ;-)

My favs at the time are:

Amon Amarth
Dark Tranquillity
Infalmes
Dimmu Borgir
SOD
Children Of Bodom
Immortal
Nightwish
After Forever/Epica
Grave Digger
Theatre Of Tragedy
Lacrimosa
Dream Theater
Iron Maiden
Metallica ........

SURE man there's Metal lover all over the world :thumbsup:
I'm a big fan 4 MetallicA & Pink Floyd & i make 4 2 of them a nick name called Metal Floyd :banger: :banger:

hedonis said:
Pink Floyd is metal? :dunno:

Never!!
Nor are Aerosmith, Bonjovi, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath ore something like that.
DP and BS are the roots for later metal bands but all those bands are rock not metal!!

Most metal fans would even Slipknot and Marilyn Manson exclude from the honour of being metal Bands
They are loud and thrashy- but not not metal in the common way.