• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Andy Griffith’s Widow to Raze His Home

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Andy Griffith’s Widow to Raze His Home

The widow of actor Andy Griffith has demolished the house where he lived for many years on the North Carolina waterfront, ensuring that the site will never be used for an Andy Griffith museum, as the actor may have envisaged.

Cindi Griffith obtained a demolition permit for the Dare County home in March; the house was torn down in late May, according to county planning director Donna Creef. The house was on Roanoke Island, near Manteo, N.C. It’s one of two homes Griffith owned in the area. The second, larger home still stands.

Griffith died in July, 2012. He was best known for playing the folksy Sheriff Andy Taylor on The Andy Griffith Show and “bright, cheap, vain” lawyer Ben Matlock on Matlock.

A new generation was introduced to his charms in the 2007 movie “Waitress,” starring Keri Russell.

Griffith told his friend, costume designer William Ivey Long, that he wanted a museum in the now-razed Outer Banks home – which he bought in the 1950s – to include memorabilia from his TV shows and his music career. There’s already an Andy Griffith Museum in Griffith’s hometown of Mount Airy, N.C.

Article

:facepalm: She married him for the money.

He wanted the home to be used for a museum.

Deepcover

Closed Account
Wrong. Money is considered important to some women but it's not the main reason. I would say women like men who is ambitious, fun, successful (doesn't have to be financially successful), set goals, well groomed, confident, and knows how to make women feel safe and protected. Doesn't hurt if a man has a sense of sense of humour and knows when to be strong and when not to be.

Deepcover

Closed Account
You don't have to look like totally hot male super model either. She'll admire you once you show her your best qualities. Makes more sense imo and i'm sure those were all the qualities Cindi Griffith saw in her husband. Now her not putting up a museum...that was her choice and I honestly don't see her choice as a typical excuse of just marrying her husband for the $$$$$ JS

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Derpy, derpy, derpy. I have three words for you: Anna Nicole Smith.

If he lived in the home for as long as he did I am surprised the City didn't declare it a "Historical Landmark" which would have kept it from being torn down. For as much as Andy meant to that town I would have thought declaring it a landmark was something that would have and should have been done.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
If he lived in the home for as long as he did I am surprised the City didn't declare it a "Historical Landmark" which would have kept it from being torn down. For as much as Andy meant to that town I would have thought declaring it a landmark was something that would have and should have been done.

Cindi Griffith obtained the demolition permit.

I can't find if she did it yet.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
The 3 Stooges have only 1 museum and that was opened in 2007. Opens only 1 day a week and by appointment for groups. No Weekends. Andy already has a museum and it's also in NC. How many fucking museums does Andy Griffith deserve?

Deepcover

Closed Account

I bet Smith is still madly in love with her husband in the afterlife. If you believe an AF. Maybe they're both playing hopscotch together in paradise while listening to smooth rock ballads. While her son is blazing a fat chronic with Jesus's disciples...

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
The 3 Stooges have only 1 museum and that was opened in 2007. Opens only 1 day a week and by appointment for groups. No Weekends. Andy already has a museum and it's also in NC. How many fucking museums does Andy Griffith deserve?

My sentiments exactly. What hubris to think that the world wants another "Andy Griffith Museum"! Let's face it....the show was a part of American TV lore but....a museum? Who cares? As far as her "marrying him for money"....WTF did he marry her for? Paybacks are hell....deal with it. He's dead anyway so he doesn't give a shit I assure you.

If he really wanted it a museum he should have set it up as one while he was alive or at the very least put it in his will.

Ace Boobtoucher

I can't imagine there being a huge demand to see how the man lived. The Liberace museum in Vegas closed four years ago and that guy was way more interesting.

Mayhem

Banned
:facepalm: She married him for the money.

I don't believe in the ancient myth of women only marry men for the money

Some females do marry just for the money.

As with Anna Nicole, as with this other broad; if he got the blowjob he deserved, she should get the money she deserves.

The Liberace museum in Vegas closed four years ago and that guy was way more interesting.

Wait, what?

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
My sentiments exactly. What hubris to think that the world wants another "Andy Griffith Museum"! Let's face it....the show was a part of American TV lore but....a museum? Who cares? As far as her "marrying him for money"....WTF did he marry her for? Paybacks are hell....deal with it. He's dead anyway so he doesn't give a shit I assure you.

Wait Jagg...I've got an idea. Cash out our ks and scoop every fucking Andy Griffith thing we can find on eBay. Make another museum ... no, the Andy Griffith Road Tour...gallery! Launch it in some west something address in NY one day only. Frame it nice. Hand everyone a glass of wine. Ask 1500 times what we pay. Get Don Knotts stuff too.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

As many as they start. :tongue:

No weekends for the Three Stooges museum?

If he really wanted it a museum he should have set it up as one while he was alive or at the very least put it in his will.

It should have been enough that he told his wife.

Hopefully she doesn't destroy the home.

I can't imagine there being a huge demand to see how the man lived. The Liberace museum in Vegas closed four years ago and that guy was way more interesting.

No, he was terrible.

Ace Boobtoucher

I didn't write that Liberace was great, I wrote that he was interesting. And he was.