• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

And may Miami Football die a slow death

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I dunno. Sports reporters everywhere have such a hard-on for Miami, this might get the NCAA to change some of its rules.

Miami is gonna have to go from this:

unversity-of-miami-csmphoto166547-20071020-zaf-c04-137.jpg

To This:

crime_hands_cuffed1.jpg

Bad boys, bad boys, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when they come for the U?

So what. Can't blame the kids at all. They're bared from getting any money while the University makes millions off of them.

Say what you will about this individual I am about to bring up, he is probably the only person in all of college sports who had the most to gain from cheating but never did. Bob Knight. He might of had his faults, but those faults were to drive his team to higher success. He would take a bunch of decent players and make a hell of a team out of them. I'll never forget when they shut down Lousiana and Shaquile O'neal only allowing him to score something like 7 points in the 92 tourney. But no, he gets ass raped cause he yelled at his player's.

Say what you will about this individual I am about to bring up, he is probably the only person in all of college sports who had the most to gain from cheating but never did. Bob Knight. He might of had his faults, but those faults were to drive his team to higher success. He would take a bunch of decent players and make a hell of a team out of them. I'll never forget when they shut down Lousiana and Shaquile O'neal only allowing him to score something like 7 points in the 92 tourney. But no, he gets ass raped cause he yelled at his player's.

I though he gets ass raped because he put his hands on a student...

Like maybe turn the bowl games into a series of playoffs for once?

Way to much money for that to happen. They'd be better off with 4 super conferences and giving the players a living wage. It's a businees, the players are out there every saturday basicly interviewing for a job.

I though he gets ass raped because he put his hands on a student...

He supposedly did back in the 80's, then some little schmuck on campus in 2000 got in his face and started shit with him. The athletic director at the time was a complete asshole. Knight hated the atheltic director and the director felt the same way. Needless to say he was looking for a reason to get rid of Knight. Sure Knight was a bit rough around the edges and what not, but sometimes you have to be to get your message across to punk kids who think they know more then you. Look at the high school coach in New York, you should this documentary of him just totally ripping into these kids. Thing is his go onto successful carreers. I digress.
My point was that fact that he has one of the best winning records and is the last team to go undefeated in both pre and post season play and he did it without having to use banners to pay for his players.

Way to much money for that to happen. They'd be better off with 4 super conferences and giving the players a living wage. It's a businees, the players are out there every saturday basicly interviewing for a job.

How could it be too much money. They already have the bowl games scheduled differently through out the season. All you would have to do is make the earlier bowls the first few rounds and then make the rose bowl the semi final or final game. Sure an extra game or two might need to be played but this would only generate funds for both the schools and media. Who wouldnt want to do that. The return in revenue would surely out weigh the cost. Speciall with this NFL late start due to strikes. This Pro season might suck cause teams havent really worked out together much. Alot of injuries might plague the season this year. Oh I know its too late now but it could definately be done.

How could it be too much money. They already have the bowl games scheduled differently through out the season. All you would have to do is make the earlier bowls the first few rounds and then make the rose bowl the semi final or final game. Sure an extra game or two might need to be played but this would only generate funds for both the schools and media. Who wouldnt want to do that. The return in revenue would surely out weigh the cost. Speciall with this NFL late start due to strikes. This Pro season might suck cause teams havent really worked out together much. Alot of injuries might plague the season this year. Oh I know its too late now but it could definately be done.

I think you misunderstood my message. I mean the BCS is paying college football mucho money, which is my the NCAA will not change it. I would LOVE for them to go to a playoff system...

This whole thing is jut so hypocritical. The AD's get their palms in the mix from the Conferences and boosters...but they want their players to live off Ramen noodles for 4 years. If you're at a D-1 school in a major conference like the SEC, PAC 10, Big 10 or Big East, you're not an amatuer, you might has well be playing in the minors. I say pay the players, even if it just $1,000 a month.

The people to blame here are not the students its the NCAA and the ADs and coaches who dont do their jobs and try to stop this from happening.

Of course...but they'll NEVER take the fall especially when you factor in the fact they they as well are getting paid very well from the very same people that are paying the students.

I think you misunderstood my message. I mean the BCS is paying college football mucho money, which is my the NCAA will not change it. I would LOVE for them to go to a playoff system...

This whole thing is jut so hypocritical. The AD's get their palms in the mix from the Conferences and boosters...but they want their players to live off Ramen noodles for 4 years. If you're at a D-1 school in a major conference like the SEC, PAC 10, Big 10 or Big East, you're not an amatuer, you might has well be playing in the minors. I say pay the players, even if it just $1,000 a month.

I get what your saying now, yeah unfortunately money has ruined college sports.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Hell, before that even....

No, that would not be likely. Before Howard Schnellenberger's team upended Nebraska to begin the dynasty in 1983, Miami was virtually nonexistent as a football program. Since then, the U has won more NCAA titles than any other school with 5 championships to their credit. Their record is unmatched over that time frame and no other school has seen success like that of the Hurricanes. That's one reason they are so despised by those who relish this opportunity to bring them down....they have been incredibly successful. Their level of success peaked under Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson when they won 3 NCAA titles in 5 years. As a Miami fan, it is very sad for me to see this happening to this outstanding football program. I'm sure that those of you who feel otherwise about them may be rejoicing. Whatever. It's simple jealousy over their success that drives you if that's the case. If this was happening to Coastal Carolina or Middle Tennessee State, I don't think many people would be nearly as anxious to pile on them about it. The fact that it happens to be the U makes it more of a hot-button issue with those who would seek to destroy the program. Looks to me like you may get your wish. Congratulations. Don't celebrate too much, though. Maybe your school will be next.

Here's what Coach Johnson had to say about Shapiro in an interview with Joe Rose of WQAM radio in Miami:

Fox Sports' Jimmy Johnson, the former University of Miami football coach, is ripping into ex booster Nevin Shapiro, the convicted Ponzi schemer whose allegations could bring down the Hurricanes football program.

The former Super Bowl-winning coach of the Dallas Cowboys labeled the imprisoned Shapiro a parasitic "jock-sniffer wannabe" during an interview with WQAM radio host Joe Rose, according to Deadspin.

Bars and stores surrounding the school's campus are afraid the NCAA will hand down the "death penalty" against The U.

Here's sound of Johnson's full interview. Here's some of Johnson's comments to Rose. H/T Sports Radio Interviews:

"My understanding is that (ex-football coach) Randy Shannon wouldn't let (Shapiro) around the program, but you got the guy. Joe, you and I both know in football and especially a program like the University of Miami or any national program or any professional organization like the Dolphins, there are always these parasites hanging around. Like I called them yesterday, [the] jock-sniffer wannabe. They want to do something and they try to do favors with these players. Now obviously these players have been schooled and told to stay away from these kind of characters, but there will always be somebody accepting a dinner or accepting of some free drinks from some guy who wants to hang with them and that's an unfortunate thing. Again I am anxious to see what the actual facts are [as] we find out everything".

Link here:

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ox-sports-university-of-miami-nevin-shapiro/1