• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Al Jazeera America Almost As Dead As Lawrence Phillips

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2016/01/8587929/al-jazeera-america-shutting-down

lawrence-phillips-prison-letters-e1433259470429.jpg

That's a bit sad. Guess they shouldn't have picked such a brown sounding name. Now that just leaves fox as the only source of fair and balanced news.

That's sad. It's always good to have different point of views on things.

They probably shouldn't have kept the name Al-Jazeera 'cause it's to "arabic counding". Al- Jazeera is known for being the news channel to which Al-Qaeda used to sent their videos.

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
Best thread title I've seen in a long time.

Al Jazeera was extremely competent at presenting balanced viewpoints of complex issues. A lot of decent journalists went there just because of that. I never noticed them pushing the 'Islamic' agenda. Far from it.

Still, who needs insightful, intelligent news when Duck Dynasty is back for a new season ... hyuck-hyuck ....

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Best thread title I've seen in a long time.

Al Jazeera was extremely competent at presenting balanced viewpoints of complex issues. A lot of decent journalists went there just because of that. I never noticed them pushing the 'Islamic' agenda. Far from it.

Still, who needs insightful, intelligent news when Duck Dynasty is back for a new season ... hyuck-hyuck ....

They picked up several of the more competent journalists who abandoned CNN (as it began its sad transformation to MSNBC Lite). In the times that I've watched Al Jazeera, I've always been impressed by the thorough, non-tabloid, serious approach that they took.

Whether on the left or the right, Americans (now) like to only watch channels that reflect their viewpoints, not channels that challenge their beliefs or force them to think. Thinking is hard. Too much thinking might be bad for a person. It give you headache. Headache bad. Duck Dynasty good. :nanner:

BTW, welcome back, dude.

He committed suicide. I guess he took the news about the move back to LA pretty hard.

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
They picked up several of the more competent journalists who abandoned CNN (as it began its sad transformation to MSNBC Lite). In the times that I've watched Al Jazeera, I've always been impressed by the thorough, non-tabloid, serious approach that they took.

Whether on the left or the right, Americans (now) like to only watch channels that reflect their viewpoints, not channels that challenge their beliefs or force them to think. Thinking is hard. Too much thinking might be bad for a person. It give you headache. Headache bad. Duck Dynasty good. :nanner:

BTW, welcome back, dude.

Unfortunately, far too many people can't tell the difference between an Arabic name and an Arabic terrorist. The latter may have the former, but the former are not necessarily the latter.

Ah, well. Ellen has a new home makeover show too, so there's a lot of not thinking available.

BTW - thank ya! Good to be back :D

They were doomed from the start. Try opening a Ahmed Donut's chain and see how well it does.
Yep. But if an arab billionaire invest in one of the world's largest media corporation, no one would know about it.

al_walid_ben_talal.jpg

Say "Salam alekum" to Al-Walid ben Talal ben Abdelaziz Al Saoud, who owns 5,5% of Newscorp, a media coproration that includes Fox News.
Yep, conservatives, every second you spend watching Fox News brings money to some arab bilionnaire, who probably funds ISIS...