• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ahmed Mohamed Supporters

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
This kid "invented" a clock which resembles a bomb detonator and brought it to school. And the do-gooders racist hunt is open.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ahmed-mohamed-supporters_55f9879be4b0d6492d63be95

clocks.jpg

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-10.14.39-AM.png

I wonder if White House security will double check the clock if the lad takes it along to show Obama?

BlkHawk

Closed Account
You forgot a large part of the story, not mentioned in that article:

The cops knew it wasn't a bomb after seeing it, they still put a 14 year old in cuffs.

Host Chris Hayes on MSNBC gave Chief Boyd the opportunity to admit the officers' mistake and appoligize to Ahmed. But, instead the chief decided to defend the arrest, saying "The officers made the decision they did with the information they had with what they thought was right at the time. We are clearly going to review this. We want to always look at ways we can enhance and have a better outcome. There’s a lot of decision points, there’s a lot of alternatives that they have available to them."

"Once it’s determined that this is just a clock or just a piece of electronics, why then the arrest and all of that?" the MSNBC host asked Boyd. "That’s very hard for folks to understand."

"I get that. I understand the concern," Boyd acknowledged. "The officers pretty quickly determined that they weren’t investigating an explosive device. What their investigation centered around is the law violation of bringing a device into a facility like that that is intended to create a level of alarm. In other words, a hoax bomb — something that is not really a bomb, but is designed and presented in a way that it creates people to be afraid."

"Right, but he never called it a bomb, right?" Hayes returned. "He just kept calling it a clock. I mean, it never came out of his lips, he never did something or started showing it around saying, ‘Look at this bomb I have.’ He said, ‘Look at my clock.’"

"There definitely was some confusion and some level of information that didn’t come out immediately," Boyd defended. "With what they had at that time, they made the best decision that they had at that point in time," he continued.

No bomb squad was ever called to the MacArthur High School campus, nor did the police ever consider evacuating the campus. So, just how much did racism by the police play a part in the arrest? For me the answer seems obvious.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...ts-Cops-Knew-Ahmed-Mohamed-Didn-t-Have-a-Bomb

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
After listening from what Mark Cuban says he learned from talking to the youing man and the people at the school, I think the "Kid just built a clock" story is false, too.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/20/ahmed-mohamed-bill-maher-istandwithahmed

It appears more like he went from class to class until one teacher got nervous and he got the reation he seemed to have built that apparatus for. Come on, a 14-year-old who is said to be destined for MIT is building a clock and it looks like that?

I don't think so.

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
You forgot a large part of the story, not mentioned in that article:

The cops knew it wasn't a bomb after seeing it, they still put a 14 year old in cuffs.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...ts-Cops-Knew-Ahmed-Mohamed-Didn-t-Have-a-Bomb

I haven't forgotten. It's exactly my post point. Handcuffs is clearly ridiculous. But police questioning why someone fabricates what resembles a bomb case with digital detonator and brings it at school and makes it beep in class seems perfectly legit to me. A white atheist kid would have been questioned the same and rightly so. Obama's security at the white house probably would have shot him on the spot. The kid is at least an idiot and certainly not a genius and his dad is even more idiotic than his son. Unless they are really smart and smartly fabricated a story which are exposing them in terms of popularity and economical return beyond belief.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Texas was the wrong place to pull a stunt like that, intent will be hard to prove but there's really no question in my mind what the little feller was up to.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Some of the original news stories showed a picture of a generic clock when they told the story. They didn't show what he actually built and took to school. Then pictures of what he actually built came out. At first, based on the original stories, I also thought that he was being victimized. But once I saw the actual "clock", my feeling was that [NOBABE]the kid[/NOBABE] was (how do the Brits put it?) taking a piss. I think he meant for it to be misidentified as a bomb. And since that is against the law, I think that he was rightfully arrested. This kid is very intelligent. And having once been 14, I know that toying with adults is what 14 year olds sometimes do. But in no way do I see him as a victim of anything. If he'd been an 85 year old Jewish woman, carrying that device around, he/she still would have been taken into custody... and rightfully so.

Another thing I find extremely interesting is that President Obama invited Ahmed Mohamed to the White House faster than a fat kid can wolf down a slice of cake. But to this day, has Obama even called the parents of Katherine Steinle, much less invited them to the White House? She was the girl who was recently shot and killed by the illegal immigrant in San Francisco. That would not have fit the political narrative and agenda that he's currently pushing, so he has treated that incident as if it never happened. As far as I know, he's never even spoken about it in public.

BlkHawk

Closed Account
I'm taking it many of the commentators here don't have a background in electronics? If we are arresting kids for that we may as well arrest every single kid that shows up at school with a cell phone and backpack.

Cell phone = remote ignition to a detonator
backpack = lots of explosives plus detonator
locker = great place to stash backpack

Trust me getting a charge from a cell when it rings to set off a detonator is easy pickings for anyone who has ever held a soldering iron.

The clock he assembled is no different then the stuff I used to make with printed circuit boards, soldering iron, and an erector set when I was a kid. You might as well check the janitors closet and see if it has Ajax, and Clorox. If so arrest him for having the ingredients for a poor mans chlorine gas.

There is an LED, data ribbon, 9 volt battery connector, printed circuit board, and the top part of a clock for the buttons. All in a box the size of pencil box, compare to the electrical plug on the right in the photo for size. Where the hell are the explosives? Have we actually reached the level of fear and stupidity to be terrified of what is obviously a crappy clock in a pencil box? If so we are doomed as a nation, the Chinese may as well take all the high paying jobs.

The boy is no genius, but he sure isn't a terrorist.

I've traveled on airplanes (yes post 9/11) with electronics that look a lot like either of the first two pictures with little or no questions.

As Blkhawk said above, a cheap cellphone (or $5 kitchen timer) make a easier bomb timer than what the kid built.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/19/how-ahmeds-clock-became-a-false-convenient-tale-of-racism/

The police overreacted. Yet the device did look like something Ethan Hunt would lob out of a helicopter at the last minute in “Mission: Impossible.” As National Review’s Charles Cooke pointed out on Twitter, the scary-looking tangle of wires “looks a lot more like a bomb than a [nobabe]pop tart[/nobabe] looks like a gun.”

Josh Welch, a white Maryland kid with ADHD who was 7 years old when he was kicked out of school for chewing a Pop-Tart into the shape of a pistol and pretending to shoot other students with it, must be puzzled.

"Mr. Zuckerberg will see you now. What you got there?"

"Oh, this? It's just my pressure cooker, egg timer thing I built."

I'm taking it many of the commentators here don't have a background in electronics? If we are arresting kids for that we may as well arrest every single kid that shows up at school with a cell phone and backpack.

Cell phone = remote ignition to a detonator
backpack = lots of explosives plus detonator
locker = great place to stash backpack

Trust me getting a charge from a cell when it rings to set off a detonator is easy pickings for anyone who has ever held a soldering iron.

The clock he assembled is no different then the stuff I used to make with printed circuit boards, soldering iron, and an erector set when I was a kid. You might as well check the janitors closet and see if it has Ajax, and Clorox. If so arrest him for having the ingredients for a poor mans chlorine gas.

There is an LED, data ribbon, 9 volt battery connector, printed circuit board, and the top part of a clock for the buttons. All in a box the size of pencil box, compare to the electrical plug on the right in the photo for size. Where the hell are the explosives? Have we actually reached the level of fear and stupidity to be terrified of what is obviously a crappy clock in a pencil box? If so we are doomed as a nation, the Chinese may as well take all the high paying jobs.

The boy is no genius, but he sure isn't a terrorist.
walk in front of the White House carrying that exact same device and see how quick you are having a chat with the U.S. Secret Service and FBI. I am comforted that in the last 12 months a whole lot less people are buying into liberal spin and bullshit like is in this post.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Texas was the wrong place to pull a stunt like that, intent will be hard to prove but there's really no question in my mind what the little feller was up to.

When I first saw the story, my thought was, if he's that smart, how could he not know this would be the end result...now I see from this thread, what never occurred to me...........Attention whorerism!!

BlkHawk

Closed Account
walk in front of the White House carrying that exact same device and see how quick you are having a chat with the U.S. Secret Service and FBI. I am comforted that in the last 12 months a whole lot less people are buying into liberal spin and bullshit like is in this post.

Try to drive in front of the White House and you will be shot, the 14 year old wasn't going there he brought a hobby project to school. I repeat school, you never brought in anything into school to show the teachers? I brought in a simple electric motor once like this :
Not to scare people, not to show off, not to make a political statement, but because I was proud of something I had done. Most likely that is all Ahmed did, and even after they determined it wasn't dangerous they still led him out in handcuffs, and suspended him from school. That is a massive over reaction for a place that is supposed to teach the joys of learning, and sharing knowledge.

If you are afraid of what is pictured above, let me be blunt, your education sucked, you should immediately sue your teachers for failing you. All that is in that picture is a circuit board, led, battery, cables to connect, and placed on anti-static foam in a box to keep it from falling to pieces. Nothing dangerous, nothing ingenious.

Like knowone said above I have also traveled on planes post 9/11 with electronics and exposed circuit boards. The most that ever happened was they asked me what it was for, gave it once over to make sure it wasn't dangerous, and let me on board. They inspected my cell phone, and laptop more closely.

And most people that are presented with a device such as Ahmed's would assume it was of an explosive nature. Not everyone is familiar with the particulars of electronics. This kid was trying to get a rise out of someone he succeeded. I never ceases to amaze me the gymnastics libs are willing to perform to excuse anything Islam.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Would he have gotten in trouble if he wasn't a Moon Jew or if it featured components made of Pop Tarts?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Would he have gotten in trouble if he wasn't a Moon Jew or if it featured components made of Pop Tarts?

In this case, I think the odds are good....not overwhelming, but better then average. The way the world is today, you are guilty until proven innocent.