• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Afghanistan...what ARE we doing there?

I just posted for information.

If you can find an accurate count of dead Taliban, please post it.

And don't put fucking words in my mouth.

Bear in mind troops are encouraged to call all casualties insurgents as it sounds a lot better than women and children. If you think about it the insurgents who plant these IEDs probably work in smally groups of 3 or 4 with their own areas to cover, so next time the coalition says 60 or 100 insurgents were killed in a single bombing raid ask yourself would so many armed insurgents be standing together on one spot? I don't believe they would be that stupid and no one else should either.

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
They're looking for my sunglasses. I can't remember which piss and shit covered cave I left them in.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
They're looking for my sunglasses. I can't remember which piss and shit covered cave I left them in.

What the hell were you doing wearing sunglasses in a cave? :confused:

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
BOTH admins are to blame for this.

Who? Obama? Bush courted the Taliban for years, and we armed them during the Reagan Administration against Russia before they were actually established.

Although I have no doubt that Pakistan is playing both sides there is no question that the US has also played both sides in the past when they wanted the Mujahadeen (now Al-Qaeda) to fight both Russia in Afghanistan and India in Kashmir, the CIA trained and equipped all these religious fanatics and probably helped set up all these camps which they now seek to destroy. .

Oh wow.:facepalm:

Ignorant on the big picture yet again Ulysses.

The Pakistani ISI received the arms in the '80s and they chose who to arm and not arm during the war in Afghanistan. The CIA had no say in the matter.
The ISI did everything.

For those wondering the ISI was set up by a British officer in 1948 not the CIA.

The ISI and part of the Pakistani General Staff are THE problem. They want a pro Pakistani gov't in power in Afghanistan which is not what we wish for.
The ISI wants a friendly Afghanistan to counter India's influence in that region.

Who? Obama? Bush courted the Taliban for years, and we armed them during the Reagan Administration against Russia before they were actually established.

How quick are some to forget the past, or too young to even know the past!
:glugglug:

How quick are some to forget the past, or too young to even know the past!

Ok so from Reagan on they are ALL responsible for it...better?

Oh wow.:facepalm:

Ignorant on the big picture yet again Ulysses.

The Pakistani ISI received the arms in the '80s and they chose who to arm and not arm during the war in Afghanistan. The CIA had no say in the matter.
The ISI did everything.

For those wondering the ISI was set up by a British officer in 1948 not the CIA.

The ISI and part of the Pakistani General Staff are THE problem. They want a pro Pakistani gov't in power in Afghanistan which is not what we wish for.
The ISI wants a friendly Afghanistan to counter India's influence in that region.

The fact that the British set up the ISI is of no relevance, they were the ruling empire and it was kind of their responsibility to set up these institutions. The CIA made the ISI what it is today during the Afghan and Kashmir conflicts, the US is running Pakistan by paying that murdering crook Asif Ali Zardari for the privelage. You think Pakistan would attack the Taliban strongholds and destabalise their own country of their own accord? The CIA are forcibly running the ISI and trying to wipe out the insurgents (their former mercenaries) and some elements of the ISI are rebelling by tipping off the Insurgents beforehand, they still need them to fight India after all. I know Pakistanis who have just come back from visiting Pakistan and see the 'real' situation as clear as day, so how many times have you been to Pakistan?

Why are we there?

To stop Taliban from getting their hands on Nukes!!!

Pakistan supply Taliban with all their other weapons. It's not a war against Afghanistan or the Afghan people, it's a war via the back door against Pakistan.

Shifty

O.G.
There's nothing new or remarkable in the suggestion that Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency has been aiding and abetting the Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan, as highlighted in coverage of the massive leak of U.S. military documents published on Sunday, July 25. If anything, it's conventional wisdom among Afghanistan watchers that Pakistan continues to treat the movement it helped bring to power in 1996 as a strategic counterweight against Indian influence on its western flank.

The latest revelations, fantastical as some of them may be, are simply a discomforting affirmation that Pakistan, the beneficiary of $1 billion in U.S. aid every year, continues to pursue interests at odds with those of its Washington patron - just as everyone else in the Afghan war theater does.

Cluster Fuck

The fact that the British set up the ISI is of no relevance, they were the ruling empire and it was kind of their responsibility to set up these institutions. The CIA made the ISI what it is today during the Afghan and Kashmir conflicts, the US is running Pakistan by paying that murdering crook Asif Ali Zardari for the privelage. You think Pakistan would attack the Taliban strongholds and destabalise their own country of their own accord? The CIA are forcibly running the ISI and trying to wipe out the insurgents (their former mercenaries) and some elements of the ISI are rebelling by tipping off the Insurgents beforehand, they still need them to fight India after all. I know Pakistanis who have just come back from visiting Pakistan and see the 'real' situation as clear as day, so how many times have you been to Pakistan?

Whether I have visited Pakistan is irrelevant to this debate. I did in 1978 if you must know.

Your statement about the CIA running everything is absurd and wrong. The ISI is the problem and they are in full control as they have been in the past. They could care less what the CIA has to say.

So please drop the Anti American bias.

Whether I have visited Pakistan is irrelevant to this debate. I did in 1978 if you must know.

Your statement about the CIA running everything is absurd and wrong. The ISI is the problem and they are in full control as they have been in the past. They could care less what the CIA has to say.

So please drop the Anti American bias.

I'm far from anti-American, I feel America needs to drastically change it's foreign policy in order to save itself. Your friends are dropping like flies, already gone are Spain and Australia and soon so will the UK and Canada and you're making more new enemies than the old ones you claim to be defeating. Why should American troops die in countries they know little about 1000s of miles from home just to make a a few rich people even richer :dunno: All these wars are about are $

Yes, tired of people always blaming Obama for everything that was done before he was President.

I was not blaming Obama for the past, that's not his fault and he can not control it...despite what Republicans think. What I am blaming him for is the current lackluster effort since he has been CIC and with keeping with Bush's foregin policy. I expect better from him.

BTW...:thumbsup: on the sig. She's bangin.

I was not blaming Obama for the past, that's not his fault and he can not control it...despite what Republicans think. What I am blaming him for is the current lackluster effort since he has been CIC and with keeping with Bush's foregin policy. I expect better from him.

BTW...:thumbsup: on the sig. She's bangin.

Thanks! I know he is not the best President, so far, but alot of people blame him for shit he did not do!

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I took them off in a cave and set them on someone's skull.

Well gee, that's not what you were getting paid for.

"Halt the war effort! I have a photo op!"

:nono:

The more plausible question was...What are WE the Germans doing there? We didn't bomb or destroyed Afghanistan like the USA did! :tongue:

I'm pretty sure its because Germany is a member of NATO and since the U.S, also a member of NATO, was attacked it is an attack on all NATO countries thats why so many countries are involved in Afghanistan.