• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Abe Lincoln diet mountain dew ad

Its ok ,and im not offended lol.
The other guy is suppose to be Stephen Douglas (more famous then Lincoln at the time) who lincoln had a series of very famous debates with running for senator from illinois which Douglass won.Couple years later Lincoln won the white house,the debates made Lincoln national figure.

Its ok ,and im not offended lol.
The other guy is suppose to be Stephen Douglas (more famous then Lincoln at the time) who lincoln had a series of very famous debates with running for senator from illinois which Douglass won.Couple years later Lincoln won the white house,the debates made Lincoln national figure.

Ah, are they in a specific debate? maybe a well known one?

Ah, are they in a specific debate? maybe a well known one?

Don't think it suppose to be a specific one or if it is I am unaware of it.It just that the image of an outdoor scene with them like that talking to a crowd is the popular one for those debates I think.You actually got me interested in being sure I had all the facts right and went to wikepedia lol.
Had forgotten Stephens was also who lincoln beat for presidency 2 years later.Some good stuff on Lincoln at wik which explains how impressive Lincoln even though usually poorly dressed lol could be and how very well he could speak,which of course he is pretty famous for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Lincoln

Lincoln-Douglas debates of 1858
Main article: Lincoln-Douglas debates of 1858
The 1858 campaign featured the Lincoln-Douglas debates, a famous contest on slavery. Lincoln warned that "The Slave Power" was threatening the values of republicanism, while Stephen Douglas emphasized the supremacy of democracy, as set forth in his Freeport Doctrine, which said that local settlers should be free to choose whether to allow slavery or not and could overrule judicial rulings. Though the Republican legislative candidates won more popular votes, the Democrats won more seats, and the legislature reelected Douglas to the Senate. Nevertheless, Lincoln's speeches on the issue transformed him into a national political star. New York party leaders invited him to give a speech at Cooper Union in February 1860 to an elite audience that was startled by the poorly dressed, ugly man from the West. He stunned the audience with the most brilliant political speech they had ever heard. Lincoln was emerging as the intellectual leader of the Republican party, and its best speaker.[27

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
How that could be construed as offensive is beyond me. What is offensive is spelling the 16th president's first name "Aberham"....:mad:

i'm not sure how this commercial could be construed as offensive, but i do think it's fucking funny on the other hand! particular the use of the chair:rofl:

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Saw it a thousand times already. Still a cool concept, just overplayed on the few networks I watch - the few hours I watch. Ya can always have too much of a good thing.

On that note.. Hello Mr. Scotch. It's good to drink you, again! ::gulp gulp::

The most offensive part is trying to make Lincoln seem dumb enough to ever support something as mind-boggling awful as Diet Mountain Dew. :1orglaugh

How that could be construed as offensive is beyond me. What is offensive is spelling the 16th president's first name "Aberham"....:mad:

My apologies for the typo. I think what most people who are offended say the commercial is "defacing an American icon". And of course you have those pro-confederacy people still lingering around down south that get upset at the mere image of Lincoln.

Who knows what those people are thinking though.

He's just a guy.. who cares.. offensive? LOL